Skulltaker
I. Your character

I am The Skulltaker, an Orc Warrior.

Long ago, when I was young and foolish and full of fire, I was among the first to drink the demon blood of Mannoroth the Destructor. At first, it was a blessing. It gave me great strength in battle and many of our foes fell at my feet. I earned much honor and renown as a Warrior of great skill.

But over time the fire grew hotter. I was no longer able to think clearly or even distinguish friend from foe! The bloodlust would come upon me, and I would slaughter all in my path without remorse or hesitation. One day, overcome with rage, I killed the young son of my chieftan. He was no more than a boy, and I cut him down without a second thought. In shame, I was taken from my clan (even now I will not name them), bound in chains and given to the Burning Blade!

My time in the Burning Blade is a red haze of fury, slaughter and blood. My mind was not my own. I lived only to kill and kill again. When I defeated a worthy opponent on the field of battle, I would take his head, clean it and display his skull around my neck as a trophy. There were many such skulls. Thus was born the legend of the Skulltaker.

When the Alliance armies stormed Blackrock Spire near the end of the second war, I was there in the vanguard to fight for the Horde! I killed many Alliance scum that day, but victory was not to be ours. Most of my fellow Blademasters were killed outright, but whether by luck or misfortune, I was knocked unconscious and taken prisoner. For years I languished in an Alliance internment camp, devoid the desire to fight or even to live. Those of us who were in the camps will tell you it was a time of great shame and sadness. The mighty Horde had been brought low.

And then there appeared a glimmer of hope! Warchief Thrall, may his name be forever honored, liberated me and my brothers from our bondage. He taught us to cleanse the demon taint from our blood and to return to the way of honor. From that day until this, I have endeavored to serve the New Horde with honor.

I bear the brand of the Burning Blade on my right shoulder. ((It is a tattoo of a flaming sword.))

I have read the Code of Conduct, and I agree to abide by the rules stated therein.

II. Yourself

1. What guilds were you in before this one, if any? How long were you a member? Why are you no longer with them?

Most recently, I was in the Alliance raiding guild Exterminatus. I still have a few alts in that guild, but I transfered my Warrior back to the Horde, because I missed it, I LOVE the Orc lore being presented in Warlords of Draenor, and I'm excited to play as an Orc again.

I have also been a member of two of the earliest roleplaying guilds on Silver Hand: Caelestis Templares and Defenders of Elune (now defunct). I was one of the very first officers in Caelestis Templares, an all Paladin guild. Later, my Paladin was invited to join Immortalis Templares, a guild specifically established to honor the greatest heroes and retired officers of CT. He is still a member of that guild to this day.

I have never been removed from any guild for disciplinary action.

2. What are you looking for from Ironsong?

More than anything, I am looking for a place to return to roleplaying! I skipped Cata and have mostly raided during MoP. I'd like to get back to some RP in WoD. I'd also love to make some new friends. Kretol is an old and dear friend from WoW vanilla, and I know he is a long-time member of the guild.

3. How long have you played Warcraft?

I have played WarCraft since Orcs vs. Humans, including all the iterations of the RTS games. I was an early (vanilla) beta tester for WoW and have been playing on Silver Hand since the day of release.

4. If you have a preference, when do you tend to play?

I generally play in the evenings.

5. If you have anything you would like to add to tell us more about yourself, do so here.

My name is Jake, and I live in Washington state with my wife and 2 kids. I have an almost-three year old son and a newborn daughter (born this past Monday!). I probably won't be able to play WoW very regularly. My Warrior is my main, so when I am on, I will be playing him, but I hope you'll understand if I'm not able to get online every evening.

Thank you for considering my application!
Skulltaker, Orc Warrior
Former Blademaster of the Burning Blade