Shenawyn Netherseer
<i>State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise.</i>

Trailing a golden-hued dragonhawk hatchling, the pale blonde Sin'dorei slid an envelope into the postal box just outside the apartment she shared with her brother. Prisom would be proud of her, she thought, taking the initiative like this. More often was the case where he'd make things happen and she'd merely tag along, safe in her twin's shadow. Lately, Shenawyn reflected, she'd had Zahndrin's shadow to hide in as well. She was comfy in the dark, something both her twin and their family's gamekeeper knew well. They delighted in teasing her about it as they traveled together across Azeroth.

<i>List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other. </i>

Jarred from her reverie by the sound of oiled leather striking skin, she turned to face her recent acquisition, giggling. Heswyn had come to her from the nether reaches of the Fel, brought to her side through the demon's conquest in the depths of the Undercity. She'd proven to be invaluable in battle, as well as a much-needed female companion. While Shenawyn had always viewed the shadowy creatures she'd called to her side as pets, this succubus defied that designation, becoming something more to the young girl. As near to a friend as she'd ever had, she supposed.

<i>Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.</i>

The young warlock's life is one of coddled innocence, though she would insist otherwise. Surrounded by her family, doted on by her twin, Shenawyn has never known hardship. Even her magics come easily to her. At a very young age, she was calling immature beasts from the shadowy corners of the room she shared with Prisom, enticing the scampering imps and Fel creatures to free her from her crib and show her what was hiding in the closet. Often, her parents would find her curled up in the safe confines of her wardrobe, fast asleep with her chubby thumb in her mouth, her other arm thrown around a reluctant imp. Her brother would always be standing upright, fists gripped around the top rail of the crib they shared, guarding her vigilantly.

The twin's parents are prominent members of the city of Silvermoon, called upon often for their arcane knowledge and proficient skill in diplomacy. Their father, Tharos, an accomplished mage, and their mother, Katiran, priestess of shadows, had hoped their progeny would follow in their footsteps. When their tow-headed darlings began to show signs otherwise, they hid their disappointment well. Tharos, especially, still struggles hard to show his support of his son's decision to bend the Light to his will, as Prisom pursues a promising career with the Blood Knights instead of taking up his father's arcane mantle.

As the two grew into early adulthood, Prisom decided it was time for his pampered sister to learn her way in the world, especially since she'd begun to refuse her lessons. Claiming to despise her instructors, his twin was quite content to sit in the sunlit park all day, summoning creatures to chase the rabbits through the flowers, or to flirt incessantly with the city guardians in her skimpy robes. Without much protest, they set out into the world, where they encountered another young elf with similar ideas, a hunter by name of Zahndrin.

Though not completely trusted by Prisom, Shenawyn's continued delight in the dark-haired stranger eventually convinced her twin to offer the hunter a position within the family estate, as that of their game warden. Ostentatiously, Prisom extended the offer out of respect for Zahndrin's high degree of animal husbandry. However, he had another reason as well, to keep an eye on this man who had caught his sister's eye.

<i>Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid. </i>

Humming lightly to herself, an old lullaby she and Prisom sang to one another, Shenawyn headed in the direction of the loom to purchase more thread. She'd recently progressed from simple embroidery to the crafting and design of arcane robes. Added with her growing skill in infusing the material with magical resistances, she'd even sold a few of her creations. Prisom and Zahndrin appreciated the extra little bit of power she was able to grant them through her enchanting, as well. Whenever they'd discover a relic she could strip of its magic and use to boost their own abilities, her eyes would sparkle and her face would light up. Spoiled, maybe she was. Certainly, Zahndrin slid a few extra fish into her bags from his own, larger pile, when they would go out to fish. Too, would Prisom enthusiastically compliment the grilling of "her" fish, even when she overdid the seasoning.

<i>What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?</i>

She hoped she heard back from the leader of this tribe, that he or she would listen to the voice of a young girl banking on her family name, Netherseer. Would they recognize it and give the three of them an opportunity to prove themselves? The trio had never reached out to any others before, always relying on their own strength and combined powers. Together, they had accomplished so much that none of them could have done alone. What would they be able to do if they joined with such a prestigious fellowship? Grinning to herself, she completed her purchase at the tailor's and began to head for home.

<i>Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.</i>

On her way, she began walking a little faster, excited at the prospect of seeing her brother again. He had been feeling unwell the night before, so he hadn't ventured out with her and Zahndrin to explore the goblin bases of Booty Bay and Ratchet. Hopefully that's what it was, and he wasn't still mad at her for the temper tantrum she'd thrown in front of the Ironsong tribe member at the Crossroads. They had been fighting about their professions, diametrically opposed, dark and light, as it were. Silly stuff, really, their parents would say "sibling rivalry" and leave it at that. But she'd taken it a step further and hurt his feelings on purpose. Maybe if she brought him a gift, he'd smile again and not be sick anymore. She decided to stop at the auction house on the way, and not to buy another dress, really.

<i>What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?</i>

They had been heading out to secure the last item Prisom had needed for his sword of the Blood Knights the day they fought, she recalled, as she bid on yet another addition to her wardrobe. The three of them had met at the Crossroads before heading out to the naga place. She couldn't remember the name of it, only that she'd had to swim under the ruins to find what they'd been searching for. Blackfathom? Maybe that's what Prisom had called it. They'd been so many places on the quest for the sword, but the trials had all been worth it when he brandished the weapon later at their celebratory dinner. That night, they had all felt there was no obstacle the three of them could not surmount.

<i>What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them? What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth? </i>

Stopping off to pick up her purchases, she paused to buy some wrapping paper and ribbon as well. Shenawyn knew her brother liked a pretty package. There wasn't much about him she didn't know, and the same could be said in reverse. Her only true goal was to make him proud of her, to show him how powerful she could become as the "borrowed" Fel magics coursed through her body. True, she wasn't a priestess like Mother, and she couldn't control the fire like Father, but she knew that eventually, she would surpass them both. With Zahndrin and Prisom by her side, she felt certain they would make it to Outland.

<i>Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself. </i>

((Read and agreed. We are a trio of players who have come back to WoW from EQ2. Two of us (Prisom and Shenawyn) played previously on the Alliance side, and the third (Zahndrin) is new to this game but a long-time roleplayer and MMORPG aficionado. While we are enjoying the game adventuring with just the three of us, seeking out random roleplay encounters along the way, we do miss the sense of community and camaraderie that a guild brings, as well as the expanded story line options.

Though I cannot remember anyone's name (I'm terrible with that), we have interacted with a few Ironsong members while walking around the city and visiting various outposts. Each time, we were impressed with the level of proficiency displayed. I shouldn't be surprised, since I noticed that my old EQ friends Zarrae, Edonil, and Zinthas, are all members. I credit Zinthas for teaching me how to roleplay back in the day.

I suppose this can be considered a pre-application, as we haven't really spoken to anyone in the guild yet. We do plan on attending the moot on Thursday evening, once the time and location are set. Also, Prisom, Zahndrin, and I are still working on fleshing out our individual and combined stories. Our characters are young adults who have recently come of age. Shenawyn herself is very sheltered. However, I do plan on expanding her knowledge of the world around her as her powers grow and she begins to take on more responsibility. And I learn more about the lore of the lands. Wink ))

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prisom Netherseer Prisom 1 2,127 05-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Prisom