SSC on Fridays
I have been reading the posts on raiding, and did a poll on raiding. It looks to me that there is a core of IST that is still interested in raiding. With 2 longstanding Kara raids, there should also be appropriately geared players out there. Thus, I am going to propose a new raid into SSC on Friday nights. Understand that this is really only under consideration right now, and whether it goes or not depends on how many are interested, class balance, and level of commitment.

I am also thinking the raid would be coupled with Bloodbound's endgame raid for several reasons:
1. A Friday raid could take down the Lurker, clearing trash to Vashj. We would leave Hydross for the Monday Endgame raid. This would allow endgame to go quickly to Vashj and move onto BT or MH. Other bosses (besides Hydross and Vashj) would be available to Friday raid.
2. Some endgamers still need loot out of SSC. This would help IST in getting numbers and experienced raiders. Some of them would have to come if we were to share the instance with them. It would also help with BT attunement.

This scenario would require that the Kara groups give up their Friday raids. I also think the raid should have a permanent membership base, with designated alternates like Bloodbound. I also think we would use something like their loot system.

So there is the idea in a nutshell. Certain addons (Omen, BigWigs or Deadly Boss Mods, ORA2) would be required. T4/Kara gear as a minimum. Raiders would be expected to come prepared with potions, elixirs, food, etc...

If you need Kara gear, see the Sunday raid that alternates with ZA.

If you are interested, post your character's name, class, spec, and whether you want permanent or alternate status. Post your earliest start time.

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
Bloodbound Demo/Destro Warlock, Permanent, 5:00 ST would be my earliest time I guess.
Sadly I am going to have to ask this, but where is SSC?
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Serpentshrine Cavern. Coilfang Resevoir. Zangamarsh.
Sounds great, Jaba! Sign us up.

* Zlinka -- combat rogue, permanent, earliest start time 7 p.m.

* Oryx -- resto shaman, permanent, earliest start time 7 p.m.
I am steadily acquiring gear and experience and once I am an acceptable gear level (or close) I would definately be availible whenever and however long I was needed
Thanuist: Shadow Priest taking whatever I can get 5pm server time earliest.
I have a feeling some of the regular folks who come on my Kara run have been hesitant to reply. Jabadue discussed this with me ahead of time, and I think it's a necessary step. I will find a way to reorganize Karazhan if this gets going, but for now I will commit all available resources to SSC on fridays. That will provide 10 people at least, although 3 have already replied.

As such, you all should know that the first things we need are tanks for Hydross. One must have maxed out frost resist, and the other must have maxed out nature resist. I will figure out which one I have a greater lead on tomorrow, but someone else needs to step up to be that other tank. Aside from that, additional tanks will be needed for adds.

As a side note, I know there are several who may feel that non... umm, we'll call them "five-o'clockers", may not be up to the challenge. Improvement is there, guides have been read, and advice has been heeded. I see it every week in karazhan as I watch the Recount mod. The gear is not on par with the folks you may be used to who are clearing SSC and TK, but the numbers don't lie.

Edit: I have removed some lines from this that I feel were overly hostile. My apologies for that, as it may be undeserved. I need to stop posting from work...
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Kosath Wrote:I have a feeling some of the regular folks who come on my Kara run have been hesitant to reply. Jabadue discussed this with me ahead of time, and I think it's a necessary step. I will find a way to reorganize Karazhan if this gets going, but for now I will commit all available resources to SSC on fridays. That will provide 10 people at least, although 3 have already replied.

As such, you all should know that the first things we need are tanks for Hydross. One must have maxed out frost resist, and the other must have maxed out nature resist. I will figure out which one I have a greater lead on tomorrow, but someone else needs to step up to be that other tank. Aside from that, additional tanks will be needed for adds.

As a side note, I know there are several who may feel that non... umm, we'll call them "five-o'clockers", may not be up to the challenge. Improvement is there, guides have been read, and advice has been heeded. I see it every week in karazhan as I watch the Recount mod. The gear is not on par with the folks you may be used to who are clearing SSC and TK, but the numbers don't lie.

Edit: I have removed some lines from this that I feel were overly hostile. My apologies for that, as it may be undeserved. I need to stop posting from work...

With that said.....

Eruadan....Preist? Specc'ed as a hybrid Holy/Disc with Imp DS (prefer not to respec...it costs gold), status semi-permanent however dependant on Kosaths new Karazhan Schedule (I try not to raid consecutive days to avoid a burn out). Earliest is 5pm possibly 6-7 dependant on things I need to do to prepare for my holiday in August.
I'm usually busy doing stuff with RL friends on Fridays, but I'd bring whoever when I could make it.

Kosath Wrote:As such, you all should know that the first things we need are tanks for Hydross.

Hyrdoss wouldn't be killed, that'd be left for the EG raid. It'd be Lurker trash, then Lurker, and then the raid could go on to Morogrim or Leotheras, and then Karathress after one or both of those.

Lurker requires one main-tank, and 2 off-tanks. Very straightforward fight.

Morogrim requires one bear tank, and one paladin tank. A bit of coordination required, but not much.

Leotheras requires one tank, and one fire-resist tank (preferably a warlock). Very heavy coordination fight.

Quote:As a side note, I know there are several who may feel that non... umm, we'll call them "five-o'clockers", may not be up to the challenge.

:lol: I think as long as folks are coming in with solid Kara gear and a good attitude, Lurker and Morogrim are doable. Leotheras is much tougher, but is probably doable after some practice (it took EG a while to get him down). For Karathress, you need a heavily-geared raid, or it's just not going to happen, he's a bastard.

SSC is stepping up to the serious raiding, and if folks are prepared for that (consumables, reading up fights beforehand, having pve-focused talent specs), I think IST could do quite well there.
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
Grazak Warrior Arms and I'd like to try to be permanent. I can start anytime but I may have to log off around maybe 10 pm serverish.
Logros Wrote:Lurker requires one main-tank, and 2 off-tanks. Very straightforward fight.

And a fishing tree.
<snort-laughs> 5 o'clockers? Bah, just say what you mean! <throws a bag of grody sushi at Kosath>

Back to Jabadoodle, Jabaloot, JABA, and PJ Jaba:

Tree wants to go..I heal things, all of them. <nodnod>

Also, I am interested in going to karazhan SOMEtime!

*Edit- Tree comes with fishing pole.
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
Elyana Wrote:
Logros Wrote:Lurker requires one main-tank, and 2 off-tanks. Very straightforward fight.

And a fishing tree.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
Alternate, one of my characters. Willing to help sometimes, but just so burned right now I'd rather not commit.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Alternate, Waka or Insel. Life is going to crank up for the next week or two if everything goes well, but I actually think Friday may be free this week.

After life settles back down, I may pester for a permanent spot.