Rotten Luck MC Raid information here!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rotten-luck.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2085">http://www.rotten-luck.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2085</a><!-- m --> for more details.

Also:

Note that their secondary day for raiding MC will be Fridays. We are not moving our Ironsong Tribe Zul'Gurub raids for this; be advised. I am going to go on Wednesday and do my best to support our friends the Rottens but I will be back for Zul'Gurub with the Tribe on Friday, no worries.

I encourage Tribemates to continue attending our ZG run; we are making good progress and current raiding guilds have been quoted as saying that up and coming guilds who learn to raid in ZG will blow through MC when they get to the point of having enough people for it.

Don't be dispirited in ZG; it is 3-4x harder than UBRS and we will surely have Mar'li down before too much longer. : ) Great job everyone so far.

Shillatae
(( sounds like fun, but personally... I don't feel that I am geared or mentally prepared to take on the Core yet, in a healer's capacity... perhaps the day I walk out of Zul'Gurub without shaking hands... But I would be glad to help with herb gathering runs for potions, etc (I'm not an herbalist or alchemist, but I can help keep mobs busy while someone picks Smile ) Let me know if I can do anything that would be helpful. -poZema ))
Zarr,
You make a good point. I would like to add to it:

We are not strong enough to take on MC YET, but we will be.
The key to MC is really having a well balanced raid with at least 8 priests (which we don't have - yet) with one in each group.

We will get there! no worries :-)

-Waltimus
(( hehe, Walt... I think I'm one of those strange priests who takes healing personally, so I get ultra-nervous in (as Zema calls them) 'Bad places'. The Venoxis fight still makes my hands shake, when we get to the end and he starts chopping out half of Kosath's health bar before I can twitch to hit the flash heal while Tae and the other priests with us do their darndest to keep him on his feet. (I think that's why I volunteer for flash heal duty, so I don't soil myself..heh)... so, places like MC are waaaay out of scope for me, right now. Maybe one day...hah, maybe when I get enough + healing gear that my flash heal will heal for 4k (yeah right)
-the eternally twitchy poZema ))
OOC:

It's important to know what's comfortable for you, Zema, but I can tell you that you are better equipped and just as skilled as many of the priests who come to the Core in RL's raid. You work hard and care about your class; don't let that stop you from using that care and those skills. That said, I'd never want to rush you. We're doing alright in there and I'm sure the raid will still be going when you are ready.

Also, in some ways Zul'Gurub is harder than MC. Coordination is really only needed on certain mobs and the bosses, and they are usually not as intricate in their scripting as the ZG bosses. You just have to be more geared up, ultimately, especially in the latter parts with the need for heavy Fire Resist. This is not my opinion, this is based on posts by many guilds who have raided both zones. I've only defeated 4 bosses in ZG and 3 in the Core, now.

The Tribe will be glad to have you with us anytime we go into battle, whether in Silithus, Eldre'thalas, Zul'Gurub, or the old world (Strat/Scholo/Blackrock Mountain zones).
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Akora has a nice Molten Core Guide for that is a great resource for all Shamans venturing into the MC.
I'd encourge Shamans and other MC first timers to read it. (Although the info is geared to Shaman's there is other good info in there for all caster classes)

It is under the Strategies section of the forums.

Or can be found here

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://laerg.gotdns.com:10152/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=184">http://laerg.gotdns.com:10152/index.php ... opic&t=184</a><!-- m -->
Zarrema,
You rock. As a priest you are top notch. I'd die with you any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Your problem is confidence. You are so scared to make a mistake, it prevents you from taking a risk. Don't be afraid to fail. Your going to wipe anyway. You are going to be rebuffing and medding and dying all the time. The glory comes from when you figure it out and we succeed. That's what Ironsong is all about, succeeding despite our failures. Figuring out a boss mob in Zul'Gurub is more exciting than anything! We've gone farther because of you! Make no mistake about it, you are one of our critical success factors. As Paris Hilton would say, "Your hot!" so - Rock on!

Here is a "Walt-ism" :

Sometimes if you want something, you have to be willing to take a risk.
When you want something really badly, you have to be willing to risk it all.
Don't think I'll be heading there anytime soon either ... from what I understand there's a point where warlocks are a complete detriment to the raid itself (though from what I know of the encounter I could manage my two infernals easily enough).

Meh

It'll be a nice place to visit, but if I don't get there ... so what. I never saw 90% of the Planes, Discord, or OoW zones in EQ.

And I have to agree with you Walt, you have to be willing to take the risks. That is why I am typically heard to say "I'm a warlock, I suicide better than anyone I know." Course I'm going to have to amend that since Damoxian can't seem to keep his Doomguards under control .... if he can even summon one. ~winks~
I don't know of an encounter in the Core where it is bad to have warlocks. I know in one fight it is best to have no pet out or a phase shifted imp, but any of the earth-look elementals can be banished as can the extra mobs that come with the boss Garr, for example. I don't know how Garr would be reasonable to fight at all without a good number of warlocks.

We have no immediate plans for the Core, but I'm always surprised by the very strong opinions people have about it. It's just a large raid zone, no more no less. It has things about it that are more appealing than smaller raids and also it has some unfortunate qualities.

In any case, if and when Ironsong goes to the Core, it will be on our own terms and largely with our own people. Currently a few folks go in there with other groups and that's fine for the time being as we don't have quite the numbers or the class balance just yet to do it ourselves.
I've been in the MC a fair bit, and we need warlocks. (I keep getting called Molten Kora for a reason) They are historically at least in my raid a hard class to fill for us. (i.e. we need more of them). Ideally we like to run with 4 Warlocks. But there is no 'set' number of warlocks in our MC runs as Shillatae suggested. (We run with 2-6 it depends on attendance)

There are many times where Warlocks make or break the raid - the Garr boss fight, the MajorDomo boss fight, and just in general elemental banishing. Also our MT & MA love the bloodpact and healhstones, and summons are always beneficial and necessary after wipes.

Warlocks are very useful and needed in the MC.
If Anything Enhancement speced Shamans are worthless in the MC, :wink:
IM waiting to see if the Tribe goes to MC once and for all. I cannot deny I feel sad seeing as at this point practically everyone is raiding in a more advanced level.

In any case, I hope the Tribe can soon start doing those runs, altough it will be almost impossible to me to attend them due my scheludes. But it will easy my heart to at last know we made a step furter.

Who kows. maybe someday...

Good luck.
akora Wrote:I've been in the MC a fair bit, and we need warlocks. (I keep getting called Molten Kora for a reason) They are historically at least in my raid a hard class to fill for us. (i.e. we need more of them). Ideally we like to run with 4 Warlocks. But there is no 'set' number of warlocks in our MC runs as Shillatae suggested. (We run with 2-6 it depends on attendance)

There are many times where Warlocks make or break the raid - the Garr boss fight, the MajorDomo boss fight, and just in general elemental banishing. Also our MT & MA love the bloodpact and healhstones, and summons are always beneficial and necessary after wipes.

Warlocks are very useful and needed in the MC.
If Anything Enhancement speced Shamans are worthless in the MC, :wink:

Oh I can asure you that we.. I mean warlocks are very usefull. In my raids with Taqui, theres always 4 (at last 3) locks. We are VERY usefull in the Garr fights, but also we make sure theres always someone with a SS at all times. also, Banish are a lifesaver.

CoS and CoE are always used. Be aware that most groups will only let us those two curses. Casting blots is what youll be doing the most.
Thanks for your encouragement of the Warlocks, Pinto! I agree with your sentiments based on my experience joining the Rottens part-time in MC.

Ironsong has never been on the same track as a raiding guild (for some reason I keep finding myself repeating this -- is it that strange on an RP server to be a large guild and not focussed on raiding?), but I have no doubt that we will reach MC in due time.

At the time Zul'Gurub opened there is no way we could have gathered enough people for MC by ourselves as all-Ironsong even on our best days. Surely some of us still remember the weekly UBRS raids that would begin with only 6 or 7 people and start clearing, gathering more members as folks logged in and joined up.

For several weeks, basically the first month, we managed to form 20-man raids for ZG successfully with the aid of Rotten Luck and a few non-Ironsong friends. Since October we have not had any problem fielding 20-person raids on Friday nights, though on Mondays there are still some occasions where we barely have enough even with the Rottens!

Now we are getting closer to being able to gather enough people together for a 40-person raid. Blizzard's intention was for Onyxia to be the next step for raiding, and that is what we are working on. While she does require a large raid, that raid doesn't have to stay together for the long hours that a successful MC raid needs to get it done.

We are working on Onyxia keys and soon fighting Onyxia herself both because that is the natural logical progression in the content and to keep apprised of how much interest there is in larger raids (not to mention learning how successful we can be at forming a balanced raid of that size). If we can get 35-40 people with keys all online at once to fight and in time defeat Onyxia then we will be a step closer to running Molten Core.

The bottom line right now is that while we could have some success in MC right now, to do it right we have to keep doing what we have doing, and all that without sacrifice the RP/family aspect that has made Ironsong successful for over a year now.

As far as "advanced" raiding goes, I understand what you mean by saying that. However, many consider Zul'Gurub more difficult than MC for the number of people allowed, and certainly there are items that drop or are quested from ZG that are comparable to or even better than similar items in MC.

For example, for priests, I feel that my Zandalar Confessor's Mantle and Flowing Ritual Robes are equal to or better than the Mantle and Robe of Prophecy, plus I get to look different than every other MC priest out there who wears that stuff. Some mages wear the Hexxer's Cover instead of their tier II Netherwind Crown, even! If I had both the Will of Arlokk from Zul'Gurub and the Benediction/Anathema, I guarantee you I would use the ZG staff far more of the time.

Each class and individual person will vary in their feelings about raiding and about gear in general, but these are some of my thoughts about Ironsong raiding. We've done very well for ourselves by taking our time and doing things on our terms, and I feel we will continue to do so.

I hope this helps some folks.
Tae
Tae,
Could you double check the link to the Rotten Luck web site?
When I click it for information, I get a broken URL.

-W
Thanks Tae Smile

but there's something I need to take to consideration:

Back to Taqui, she's a member of Barshers, my friends guild, which is a very small raid in comparison to Ironsong. I think it dont even have half the members Ironsong has and still theres a quite nubers of them than do MC, Onyxia and even BWL runs weekly.

how is that?

simple: Barshers is part of the Silver Hand Raiders (SHR), a coalition of several guilds that come together to be able to perform those runs.
I know theres guilds out there tha are hardcore enough and have enough members to run those raids themselves but Barshers is no near that but still we go because (again) several guild untited for that common goal.

why Ironsong cant do something like this? I'm sure we can!

And that's what I think it could be done. we already have our friendly guild, Rothen Luck. and altough it seems the Tribe members are invited to join them in their raids, theres not a set agreement or an "official" attempt to bring both guilds (or more) to organize raids together, and go together as one.

Saying that, don't think we really NEED to wait for Ironsong to have full 40 members at any given time for raids to actually start raiding those dungeons. :wink:

And thats my two cooper. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ZG Raid Information Thread! Shillatae 7 4,052 02-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Mahiah