Raiding Progression goals
Alright, since we are able to get Gruul down without too much difficulty (10+ wipes) every week for the most part, Magtheridon seems to be our next goal. We've tried him before, and we also went to Voidreaver to see what that was like. So, if you are interested in doing Magtheridon, please READ UP on it. I'm leaving a link for everyone to read. This is much harder than Gruul, and requires a lot more co-ordination than Gruul as well (even with as much as Gruul requires during groundslams).

As it says in the guide, there are stringent class requirements: 5 well geared tanks and 4-5 warlocks, 8-10 healers, and spell interrupt classes.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbguild/index.cgi?action=view_guide&guide_id=45">http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbgu ... uide_id=45</a><!-- m -->
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
Both Krell and Shantow would be interested in helping with this encounter. Obviously, as it appears that Hunters are not terribly needed for this fight, I could bring Shantow and respec him Resto for the extra healing if needed.

However, Krell would appreciate the attempt also, and can possibly provide a little CC on the abyssals.
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
Psion would like to melt Mags' mug. Please consider me if a slot is available.

Edit: Having read through the article, a few things are apparent.
  • Having a sufficient number of tanks and warlocks may be a challenge, as two of our best geared tanks are also two of our best geared 'locks.

• The raid might benefit from some dry runs before actually trying the encounter in order to become comfortable with the footwork and stage progressions. Someone on vent could slowly call out each stage and we could practice moving into position, think about our assignments, etc.. Gradually the speed would increase to full-speed, at which point we could attempt the real thing.

• Consumables are key.

• On a personal note, it seems that having sufficient healing for this fight is more critical than having a Shadow Priest (DPS with no useful interrupts). If needed, I am willing to respec to heal, assuming I am permitted to roll on DPS caster loot. (My +healing when wearing healing gear is around 1600 if I remember correctly.)[/list:u]
Willing to give it a shot
With whoever is needed and soon add a warlock to my list of 70's
Saltin (mage 375tailor ,375 enchanter)
Lucrenda (Rogue 375miner ,352 smith)
Asaram (Hunter 375skinner 351 leatherworker)
Pahakan (Warrior 350herbs 375alchemy )
Mantiki (Shaman 355miner 363engineer)
Hoti (Warlock 190Miner 350 jeweler)
Have Alt Will Travel
Once Viridis is appropriately geared, I'd be happy to go. I've a lot of experience with this fight.
Apparently, I'm such a good rogue that I should become a tank.
[Image: 216215SneNF.png]

I be huntin' rabbits!
[Image: 216222NVlZD.png]
just as a note: We'll be doing this like Gruul's lair is done, but I would GREATLY appriciate it if anyone wishing to go would really gear up for it. I won't turn people away, but with as many tanks and healers needed, the dps has to be on top of their game. As a matter of fact, everyone has to be on top of their game Tongue I'm not "filling slots" or anything, and a time hasn't yet been concidered. Just read up and we'll go from there.

~Virgil~
I'd be up for this as Logros. Spell interrupt and high DPS.
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
Removing my offer...seeing that others with more better experience is better suited.
I could bring.. Oh, wait.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Efluvious Wrote:As it says in the guide, there are stringent class requirements: 5 well geared tanks and 4-5 warlocks, 8-10 healers, and spell interrupt classes.

I would be glad to see a fight that requires more tanking again, but I have to say the class requirements make me laugh. The exact breakdown from the guide is:

5 tanks
4-5 warlocks
10-12 DPS
8-10 healers

Great, we only need to bring 27-32 people. :lol:
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
IMO, you could do it with four tanks and one less warlock, but you don't want to minimize anything until you've been through the fight and have timing down. One thing I can't stress enough is that healers is the one area you don't want to skimp in. Smile
Apparently, I'm such a good rogue that I should become a tank.
[Image: 216215SneNF.png]

I be huntin' rabbits!
[Image: 216222NVlZD.png]
Any suggestions for times to do Magtheridon?

~Virgil~
It is looking like Saturdays are going to be hit and miss for me this Fall. In general, Saturday's are kind of difficult. Sunday is usually better for me, or any evening.

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
Kosath Wrote:
Efluvious Wrote:As it says in the guide, there are stringent class requirements: 5 well geared tanks and 4-5 warlocks, 8-10 healers, and spell interrupt classes.

I would be glad to see a fight that requires more tanking again, but I have to say the class requirements make me laugh. The exact breakdown from the guide is:

5 tanks
4-5 warlocks
10-12 DPS
8-10 healers

Great, we only need to bring 27-32 people. :lol:

Technically the warlocks are considered to be DPS.