RP updates...whats going on lately... (Ronx's Storyline)
(OOC) I am posting this just to bring tribemates up on some of the RP that has been going on. I have two incidents to post about...and if anyone has anything else going on feel free to let everyone know:

Ronx
You can read the story of what happened with Delgarsida here...
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ironsongtribe.com/viewtopic.php?t=2142">viewtopic.php?t=2142</a><!-- l -->

Following this event, Ronx went just a little insane and vanished into Outland. We lost contact with him until I was notified by tribemates that he was seen acting strangely. I dispatched Lucinther to find him and find out what he could and he returned to tell me that Ronx is not himself, and that some type of Dark "entity" may have hold of our friend. I have since assigned Lucinther to assemble a team to find Ronx, capture him, and return him to us. Of that team, I have suggested he seek out Veramorla, as she was strangely immune to much of her evil mother's powers. I have also suggested he take Skrap along for her great ingenuity. I feel she will be of great help in finding a way to capture the great Ronx.

I fear that Delgarsida was not killed as we had thought. As she was mind controlling Ronx at the time of her death, it is possible that some part of her still resides within him, or perhaps her dark power has corrupted his mind in some way. Once he is returned to us, we may discover more...but until then I strongly caution all Tribemates to be wary of making contact with Ronx. If you sight him, you should report back to me immediately.

Please feel free to jump in on any of these ongoing stories. I also invite you to let us know if you have something going on of your own.

All my love and power

-=((D))=-
Sing True Ironsong!
((Hooray! I'm more than insignificant!

Anyways...It makes me kind of proud to get so many people involved in my little subplot...and others have ideas for involving others too!

I certainly hope to make this very interesting for everybody else

-Ronx))
Ronx...

Lucinther, Skrap and Veramorla recently tracked down Ronx and there was a very dreadful encounter. They attempted to subdue him but Ronx was too strong...his own great strength enhanced by his apparent madness. He threatened the group but finally agreed to return with them if they would kill Veramorla for him.

The group of course declined.

When he attempted to attack Vera, she knelt and refused to fight him. Ronx did not threaten her further and escaped through his hearthstone.

The group sensed great darkness surrounding him, but Dispaya advised Lucinther that Vera was probably testing Ronx to see how far into darkness he had gone. She suggested that his unwillingness to strike a helpless target, may be news that he is not completely lost. Veramorla is never helpless.

There are some secret goings on between Lucinther, Skrap and Vera now...and that group is seeking council and advice from Shillatae and Eveline.

Dispaya has decided to travel to Outland to try and find Ronx herself, against Lucinther's warnings.
Sing True Ironsong!
NOTE TACKED TO THE TOTEM

Dear Tribe

I hope you will be glad to know that Ronx has been found. He is resting in the care of the Forsaken in the pools of vision. The demonic entity has less power over him there...and he will be fed dreamless sleep potions until such time as we can find a way to rid him of its influence. For all my planning it was not I who brought him home...but the exile Ptarra...who somehow brought him back to us. I have returned her to the island for now so she may recover.

-=((D))=-

Details of how Ronx was captured will be posted shortly
Sing True Ironsong!
Ronx's capture happened the way it did because of the RP from other players. I didn't plan any of this...but this was how it happened...and all the better for it having happened that way.

The background story is a bit long so please indulge me. I had originally planned to send Dispaya after Ronx and just see what happened...but after a few of the tribe sought out Ptarra for some help, I felt like she was perhaps still a part of the story. I logged her in to check mail and discovered a care package from Bunignasher. ((Ptarra was in fact Buni's first contact with Ironsong and had always been good rp "friends." I guess Buni heard she was exiled and sent her a note with a "hidden" escape clause...ha)) It was a note warning her not to try and ESCAPE from her island prison, even though the package contained a supply of fish scales and some silver. I laughed at this, but the mail gave me an idea. Buni did not know about the Ronx story...so the timing on it was priceless and something I could not pass up.

I took some license with the story but took care for things to be as fair as possible. Ptarra knew Ronx was possessed by a spirit...she now had the means to escape...she felt responsible...I decided it was time for her to go. The story followed:

*note*

Greetings all,

As the Bard of Ironsong it falls to me to try and explain the strange events leading to the capture of our friend Ronx...though I am Forsaken, and a mage, I cannot fully understand the power of Shamanistic magic...only that a shaman's powers come from the non-physical world and that the power of spirits and their whispered secrets can often be more powerful than the sword or axe.

It appears that Ptarra somehow escaped her island prison...if only for a short time. Eveline's spell had banished her there and fel magic caused her to have excruciating pain if she tried to leave...but after a visit from Lucinther, Cloudjumper and ... she knew that she had to save Ronx...I suppose she felt that it had been her fault that he was now possessed. It would appear that she received a package from a passing ship to her prison on the Isle of Dread that was carried by someone's ((Bunignasher's)) contacts on the black market. Who this person is will remain a secret I suppose. All I know is that she somehow used the contents of this package to escape.

Ptarra called on all of her healing power as a shaman to hold the fel magic at bay...and she left the island...but the effort was very draining for her. She made her way to Thunder Bluff and to the pools of vision where she met with the Forsaken there and begged them for help, to which they agreed. She only needed a way to subdue Ronx..and the Forsaken Apothecary there gave her a dreamless sleep potion...in this case..one that was quite a bit stronger than the standard one. She would find a way to lure the Tauren to her...rather than her having to go look for him...and she would not parlay with the demon...but would lie to it as it had lied to so many others. She only had to trick Ronx into drinking the potion...how to do that? Well..Ptarra was Del's servant also...so she knew the Dark shaman well enough to pretend to be her. The Forsaken helped her weave a spell...an illusion that would hide who she was.

I decided my game would be to fool Ronx into drinking. If I could do that then I had succeeded. If he saw through my "lie" then he would escape. These are the circumstances I had set up before Ronx logged on that evening.

When Ronx logged in that evening, he was met by a tell from Delgarsida (which was Ptarra in disguise). The Delgarsida toon and Ptarra were both logged at the exact same spot at the pools of vision.

Ptarra communed with the spirits and because she was in the caverns...her powers were stronger than usual. She had one advantage over Ronx...she knew the true name of the demon that dwelled within him. Many of the tribe, including Lucinther had thought the spirit to be that of Delgarsida herself...but the Shaman knew it was only a minor servant of Del's...but in knowing it's name...she could pass herself off as the Delgarsida herself.

Ptarra, as Del, told the demon that she was still alive and had not been trapped by the dagger of soul stealing. She said that I (Dispaya) was coming for Ronx and that I had taken the dagger back from Shillatae (a lie) ...and was planning to use it on him (the demon) to pull him out of Ronx. She told Ronx that they would instead turn the tables...and told Ronx to come to her through the portal to Thunder Bluff...for in the pools of vision she could have physical form.

Ronx came.

She gave him the potion and asked him to drink it...she told him it would make him immune to the soul dagger as she (Del) was the one who created it. She told him it would increase his power 10 fold!

Ronx drank...without question. Under the potions effects, he collapsed.
Ptarra allowed her illusion to drop.

(Del logged out and Ptarra logged in)

She told Ronx that it was her fault he was lost...and told him that she had to try and save him.

Due to the Fel magics effect on her...she collapsed.

The Forsaken called for me and I was there in an instant! I first checked Ptarra who was suffering greatly...and bid the Forsaken to return her to the Isle of Dread.

Ptarra is now considered to be back in exile. Eveline's spell is still in effect.

I next checked Ronx...and knelt beside him. Under the effects of the potion, the true Ronx was able to speak...for the demons powers were lessened there in the caverns. Ronx told me some things most personal, (his personal tale) and at last I understood why his psyche was weakened enough for him to fall under the demon's control. (A secret now between Dispaya and Ronx)

I sang him a lullabye as he dozed off into a dreamless sleep, and the forsaken gathered around him...and carried him off to a place where he could rest.

Ronx is now resting peacefully in Thunder Bluff...and I will council with the tribal elders to see what can be done about him. Let us all hope we can find a way to bring him back to us.

-=((D))=-

Farseer Dispaya

As of now...Ronx is considered to be captured and kept in a state of sleep by the Forsaken at the Pools of Vision. Next the tribe will have to find a way to rid him of the demon that has taken control of him. I have greatly enjoyed all the creative RP that has come from Lucinther, Bunignasher, Cloudjumper and the others...and of course from Ronx himself. I can't wait to see what happens next...!!
Sing True Ironsong!
(( totally out of character here but on my way to class i was listening to one of my random mix CDs that i have and this song began playing... i instantly though " Wow... that fits this entire story perfectly... so here it is...

Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man...

Caught here in a fiery blaze, I won't lose my will to stay.
I tried to drive all through the night,
the heat stroke ridden weather, the barren empty sights.
No oasis here to see, the sand is singing deathless words to me.

Can't you help me as I'm startin' to burn (all alone).
Too many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction.
My confidence is leaving me on my own (all alone).
No one can save me and you know I don't want the attention.

As I adjust to my new sights the rarely tired lights will take me to new heights.
My hand is on the trigger I'm ready to ignite.
Tomorrow might not make it but everything's all right.
Mental fiction follow me; show me what it's like to be set free.

No one can save me and you know I don´t want the attention.

So sorry you're not here I've been sane too long my vision's so unclear.
Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem.

Caught here in a fiery blaze, won't lose my will to stay.
These eyes won't see the same, after I Flip today.

Sometimes I don't know why we'd rather live than die,
we look up towards the sky for answers to our lives.
We may get some solutions but most just pass us by,
don't want your absolution cause I can't make it right.
I'll make a beast out of myself, gets rid of all the pain of being a man.

No one can save me and you know I don't want the attention.

So sorry you're not here I've been sane too long my vision's so unclear.
Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem.
I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart.
Scared but you can follow me I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

~Lucinther~ ))
[Image: 3994085VvROm.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Exorcism of Ronx - What happened... Dispaya 7 4,126 03-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Ronx