Primordial Saronite and Trophy Loot Rules
For Trophies:

1. You must either have a T10 piece already that you want to upgrade, or have the emblems of frost to purchase one.
2. We expect you to show up in your upgraded piece by the next raid.
3. For now, one trophy per raider.

For Primordial Saronite:

On Friday March 5 and Tuesday March 8, we will roll for primoridal saronite. The top rolls on each nice will receive 2 primoridal saronite from the raid store. To be eligible to roll, you must have the materials and a crafter to make your piece.

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
jabadue Wrote:On Friday March 5 and Tuesday March 8, we will roll for primoridal saronite. The top rolls on each nice will receive 2 primoridal saronite from the raid store. To be eligible to roll, you must have the materials and a crafter to make your piece.

-Jaba

This is a bit confusing...how can we get the primordial saronite for the piece we want made if we dont have all the materials of which include Primordial saronite?
The rest of the materials. You can turn in emblems of frost for primordial saronite to fill out what you need.

-Jaba

EDIT: Let me explain my rationale here. We only have 5 primordial saronite from the raid. I wanted to give both nights, Friday and Tuesday, a chance at some help with crafted gear, so 2 on both nights. Therefore, this is just a little boost for those folks that are able and willing to invest their badges in the rest of the saronite, and who have collected the necessary other materials for the gear.
...and here's my 2 copper on this:

Trophies: I would be more motivated to actually try to get the gear if I was lucky enough to win a trophy.

Primordial saronite: I'd say that if you have the quest that requires the 25 primorial saronite and/or are able to make items that require primordial saronite (or are in need of the primordial saronite to buy the recipe that require it), then I feel that someone with those qualifications would be eligible to roll for the primordial saronite.
jabadue Wrote:The rest of the materials. You can turn in emblems of frost for primordial saronite to fill out what you need.

-Jaba

EDIT: Let me explain my rationale here. We only have 5 primordial saronite from the raid. I wanted to give both nights, Friday and Tuesday, a chance at some help with crafted gear, so 2 on both nights. Therefore, this is just a little boost for those folks that are able and willing to invest their badges in the rest of the saronite, and who have collected the necessary other materials for the gear.

Ahhh, so if my crafted item requires 20 [item]Moonshroud[/item] and 5 [item]Primordial Saronite[/item], I would only need 3 [item]Primordial Saronite[/item] (and the 20 [item]Moonshroud[/item]) to qualify for the roll for the last two?? (that make sense?
rincewindy Wrote:...and here's my 2 copper on this:

Trophies need to go to people who can use them right then. Even with a trophy you still have to get the i251 piece using badges, and you should buy the i251 anyway because you will want the set bonuses. The whole point of getting gear upgrades is to help the raid progress. It doesn't make any sense to hand out trophies to people who will sit on them when they can be used straight away by someone else. The faster we can get to the wing bosses, the faster we can get even more trophies.

As for primordial saronite, we probably need to discuss at some point how to distribute those to people trying to complete the Shadow's Edge, but at this point we haven't even killed the 2 bosses required to complete it, so the point is somewhat moot.
[Image: IST_Noodle2_sm.jpg]
That is correct, Eruadan.

The primordial saronite that we will roll on is intended to craft on-spec gear that will benefit the raid, as Noodle said.

We will have to discuss the primoridal saronite for the quest. Right now, I would say don't count on the raid generating enough in the short term to satisfy that need.

-Jaba
I am currently 14 primordials away from Shadow's Edge. Any chance I can have a shot at rolling for some primorials? atm I have 11 primordials and all other quest items.

Also, if anyone is willing to sell them at a hefty discount, I could probably pay 500G or so for a few, but I realize that is way below the current market value of 1500-1700G. Donations are greatly appreciated. <.<

And a big thanks to Nadi and Don on their donations to the cause!
There is currently one primordial saronite in the bank. I am pretty sure there were two in there before the guild bank was looted when Rawne was hacked. We should have three. Anyone know what happened to them? I have not seen them sense the items in the bank were restored.

-Jaba
I don't know what happened to the saronite in the o tab as I'm still a peon, however I have three PS from the past couple of weeks that I was going to give to Sbin for Tuesday so there's a few more people can roll on. I'd also be willing to sell you PS for 500g that I get from Frost Emblems, I have enough for 2 right now I believe.
-Dentik
Oh I remember before the hack someone saying that they needed just 2 PS and asking what we were doing with the ones in the O tab. I can't remember but I think it might have been Shantow? Did they get distributed to whoever that was?
-Dentik
We'll roll on what we have on Tuesday.

-Jaba
Big thanks to Dentik! 9 more to go. Big Grin
Awesome Noodle, I still need 25. So, if you could just hand those over, it would be GREAT.

*opens trade*
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trophy Loot Rules jabadue 7 4,178 01-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Last Post: jabadue