Other RP Servers/Guilds
I'm going to preface this request by saying that I love IST. I really enjoy the guild and all the people I've met here. I know I haven't been very active lately either in RP or on the forums, but it doesn't really have anything to do with the guild itself. You guys are great.

That said, I'm seriously considering transferring to a new server and am hoping a few of you may have suggestions or alternate servers/guilds you play in that might be open to a new member. Most of my non-Silverhand rl friends play on pvp servers and I really just don't want to go that route. I like the RP server atmosphere. Smile

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated and don't worry, at the very least I plan to always keep a lowbie in IST so I can rp and chat with everyone. However, right now I'm really feeling like a change on my main/raid character would do me a lot of good.

*hugs to all*

Aliss
I wouold just like to echo the comment that it is *so* not anything bad about IST. This guild is great.

That being said, I will likely follow Alissandre with one high level toon (no idea who yet), and stay in IST with the other ones.
Moon Guard, hands down. There is Rp all over, even in Org. I'm spending a lot of my wow time there now. My toon is only in her 20's so I can't speak of firsthand raid exp there but there seems to be a health level of raid activity.
Moon Guard or Wyrmrest Accord would be my two suggestions.

I never play on them much, but it's obvious that RP is alive and well on both.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
I have a level 78 shaman on Moon Guard that I was playing for a bit. Kinda stopped only a few levels before hitting the cap - mostly because I wasn't self-sufficient, nor was I in a guild over there, so it was rather lonely. The activity/population there is awesome, though. It's almost amazing seeing so many Hordies about, though I'm mildly perturbed the majority are BElves. Wink Still, the fact that WG and other world PvP objectives are won by Horde so much is very heartening.
We could always start a Moon Guard chapter of IST. I wouldn't mind having a second server to fill up with lowbies. I don't have any more room on SH. Smile
[Image: IST_Noodle2_sm.jpg]
Noodlemortis Wrote:We could always start a Moon Guard chapter of IST. I wouldn't mind having a second server to fill up with lowbies. I don't have any more room on SH. Smile
Smile double plus like.

Phoro has also apparently been researching servers for me today. Horde:Alliance ratios, progression and whatnot. I think I'm going to make some lowbies on a few of the suggested realms and see how friendly folks are.
Yup, I'm a freak.

So far, with trying to balance time zone, progression, attitude, battlegroup, RP, and H/A ratio, the best I can find by the numbers for Horde is "Sentinels". For playing Alliance, Cenarion Circle looks to be similar to Silver Hand.

I don't recall Moonguard data, though I will take another look once I get my numbers from home.

I have also heard good things about some other servers (Blackwater Raiders, Wyrmrest, Farstriders, e.g.), though I am shocked by how low on progression most RP servers are.

- Phoronid: Numbers Geek
If you're looking for RP though, Moon Guard and Wyrmrest are probably your best bets. They seem to be the hotbeds for WoW RP.

It might be useful to peruse the server forums. Moon Guard has a little FAQ thread here.

Wyrmrest didn't seem to have quite that, but have loads of RP sticky threads.
Wyrmrest forum
[Image: IST_Noodle2_sm.jpg]
Honestly, I don't really need the rp element, so long as there are good people to game with. I mostly prefer an rp server for the sake of not having to worry about being ganked while questing and chatting.
I like the RP element mostly because I like the escapism and the reduction of dumb names. Smile

I am guessing it is going to be a balance of all the stuff I listed above, plus some friends with their own suggestions (sadly, many of those are alliance, PvP, or highly casual with little progression chances).

As requested, btw, I will post my findings and sources when I get a chance.

- Phoronid.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WAR - Discussing SERVERS pg 3 98 35,499 12-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Guest