Onyxia Requirement
Ok, I've thought this through, and I feel it is necessary that I make it a requirement that each and every person who is going to fight Onyxia reads a guide for the fight. The reason for this is that because of the nature of the battle (the three phases; the fact that so much relies on each person knowing exactly where to stand) I feel I could never adequately explain it in a reasonable amount of time in game.

I will announce this at the moot as well, but if someone shows up who has not read up on the fight, I will ask them to log off and read before returning. I don't feel that this is an unreasonable request, and it will make all of our lives easier as it reduces the learning curve for the fight.

So, Shillatae linked an excellent guide here with screenshots and maps that is very thorough:

http://pacifistguild.org/onyxia/

Also, Akora has written up a guide that is very useful and comprehensive:

http://laerg.gotdns.com:10152/viewtopic.php?t=490

The time you take to read one or both of these will be appreciated by every person there, trust me. Thanks in advance. Smile
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Required reading finished, Blademaster!

I'm sure I'll remember every bit of it until Onyxia starts moving, and at that point I wet my pants and gibber like an idiot. :roll:
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
I finished reading it over the weekend and will do so again a few more times just to be sure.

/salute
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Guides are read...will reread again. One thing though..I do not have teamspeak of any kind...if this will be an impediment in this raid..then you should not include Uglawha in the raid.
(( My heart is going to fail during this... required reading done. <gulp> ))
Uglawha Wrote:Guides are read...will reread again. One thing though..I do not have teamspeak of any kind...if this will be an impediment in this raid..then you should not include Uglawha in the raid.

No, no teamspeak will be required. It will help at tmes, possibly with the deep breaths. But I'm certainly not going to require it.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
I have read and studied this and I am prepared to do battle.

((I will probably need to see the lair to fully understand the positioning...but I understand the basic idea.))

Like Zema...my heart will probably fail during this battle....if I had a heart that is...

I suggest placing me in one of the whelp control groups as my fire spells are my primary attack and may not affect Onyxia herself. ((I do not know if the whelps are immune to fire...if anyone knows please advise me so I may be prepared.))

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. When you are ignorant of the enemy, but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain in every battle to be in peril." -The art of War. Sun Tzu
Sing True Ironsong!
Quote:-The art of War. Sun Tzu

I love that book.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
No one's heart is gonna fail! *he looks sternly at Zema and Dispaya* You be there wit the combined might of dozens of yer fellow Tribe...yer brudders and yer sisters! Da voice of Ironsong will sing together, and together we'll beat dis big bad dragon!

And if we should fail? Den we failed together, wit everyone givin it dere best, and wit no one ta blame.
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
I've been through Onyxia myself before, but I've read the guide. Good to go, capitan!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cosbydre.ytmnd.com/">http://www.cosbydre.ytmnd.com/</a><!-- m -->
Ok,
I've read it and Akora's Onyxia's Shaman guide. Both were really good Smile

I like the last part of that post "Keep in mind, It's only a dragon"

Also, if everyone goes in with the expectation that we are going to wipe (a lot), and probably use this run for learning and that the odds are we are not going to kill her, life will be a lot easier.

last question: Who do you want me to take: Waltimus or Nightdemon?
(Empey is not ready, he's level 60 now but hasn't finished his key)

-W
Depends on who's around Walt, but since as you say we are planning on a lot of wipes and practice whoever you feel like bringing will be fine and we'll be glad to have /you/ regardless. We'll be struggling both to keep folk alive /and/ to do enough ranged DPS in phase two, so both yer boys are good. Big Grin
Read and understood.
Death comes to all - our only choice is how we meet it.
Read and understood.
Me read and me understand