Official Ironsong Family Moot 2009 Announced!
Are your feet frozen from slogging through the snows of Northrend? Arms tired from constantly swinging your weapon at a never-ending tide of deathless foes? Ego bruised from Jabadue needlessly butchering your name in Ventrillo? Well have no fear, trusty Tribesmates, because your Warlord has the solution.

It's the Ironsong Family Moot 2009!

This year we're tentatively scheduling this event, affectionately known as the "Vermoot" on the weekend of August 8th and 9th.

Each year for the past two, Dai, Teresa, Fleetie, and I have enjoyed opening up our home in the woods of central Vermont to welcome our far-flung friends. In the past we've enjoyed gaming, lots of great food and drink, swimming at the local scenic spot, ridiculous YouTube videos, and each others' company.

We ask that everyone planning on making the trip out be of the age of majority (18) because of legal liability issues. I'm not going back to jail for any of you.

Accommodations are camping, so bring a tent! We're working out a meal plan this year, and it sounds like it'll be a darn tasty one too. Regardless, I'm doing Sunday breakfast again for all and sundry.

More details to follow!

Check out pictures from previous years here:
2008: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ironsongtribe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3987&start=15">viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3987&start=15</a><!-- l -->
2007: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ironsongtribe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2930">viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2930</a><!-- l -->
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
Sreng Wrote:Ego bruised from Jabadue needlessly butchering your name in Ventrillo?

Pure comedy gold. :lol:

Anyway, if any folks are preferring hotel accomadations, I can make some recommendations. Let me know.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Yes, come to the moot, and perhaps, I will get a chance to butcher your names in person Wink

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
Yay the Vermoot returns ! Guess I best call and book a hotel.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
I will be there, and part of the camping contingent.

I would like to point out the Camping Advantages: Fire. Booze. Food.
As long as you all promise to spend time by the fire this year, I will be there.

Even if you don't promise, I'll probably be there. Though perhaps not with a keg...
Wakaraina Wrote:I would like to point out the Camping Advantages: Fire. Booze. Food.

With a hotel you get all the advantages of Fire. Booze. Food. But you also get to add the warm comfy bed, and hot showers. Smile
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
I would love to go over this year.

I know Krell also flies over from the west coast, so I was seeing if maybe he wanted to help me get things organized. I'm very nervous about traveling alone, much more to a place I could easily get lost in. And then I would cry. And want to go home. And we wouldn't want that to happen! :o
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Back to jail?

Back.

Hmmmmm...
Melikar Wrote:I'm very nervous about traveling alone, much more to a place I could easily get lost in. And then I would cry. And want to go home. And we wouldn't want that to happen! :o

That's when you take a detour to New York and hang with Thanny for a bit
Which airport would be the best to fly to, and would pick ups/drop offs be available for those that dont drive? I am gonna see if I can make it out but right now flights are sitting at about $1000 CAD from Calgary to Burlington Intl. *chokes*
As moot grows bigger, Eru, you may want to check with others and find out what their flight plans are - if someone is renting a vehicle, you could time your flights to arrive just before theirs and leave just after.

There are usually rides available from the airport to moot, but as I don't live in Vermont this year, I can't promise anything.
Camping rules! I know that Donalzon and I will both be spending the weekend at Vermoot, and will both be camping! Also, I will be hoping that Senor(a) Wakaraina brings a keg again. I will pitch in money! Everyone else pledge $$ too so that we can encourage Herr Insel to bring a keg of Vermont's finest Long Trail!

Also, Donalzon and I will be trekking from Boston (we live close to the subway) through Manchester NH, so if you are flying in/out of either of those places, we may be able to coordinate something. However, you really ought to contact us soon if that's your plan.

-*Nick
P.S. -

Please tell me that you'll allow me to spin fire at Vermoot. I has Staff & Poi and never want to waste an opportunity.

-*Oren
orenthas Wrote:P.S. -

Please tell me that you'll allow me to spin fire at Vermoot. I has Staff & Poi and never want to waste an opportunity.

-*Oren

Yes indeed! I may drag out my poi as well Big Grin

Which begs the question...do we have any drummers coming?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ironsong Family Moot number 4! Sreng 33 14,694 06-22-2010, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Guest
  The Argent Tournament comes to the Ironsong Family Moot Sreng 1 1,654 05-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Sreng
  Ironsong's 4th Anniversary Moot Dispaya 1 1,807 12-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Dispaya
  Ironsong Family Moot: Countdown to Awesome! Sreng 1 1,796 08-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Sreng
  Ironsong Family Moot 2008 announced! Sreng 5 3,065 04-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Eveline