((OOC)) Magister's Terrace, wow that's tough!
((I have done many of the 5 man instances prior to level 70, but I did miss out on any and all raiding experience. You see, when I turned 60, everyone else was already at 70. Since reaching 70, about a month or so ago, I have wanted to be a part of something larger within the guild. I certainly wanted to prove myself as a bigtime healer and save the tanks bacon just before the whole thing goes to hell...

Nice dream right?

So what does my freind Kosath do for me. He invites me to Kara, which we do relatively well at, and he builds my confidence...

Nice guy right?

Wrong. Then he says, I haven't done the new Magister's Terrace yet. Maybe we should give that a try sometime. So he assembles this group of mainly those that have not been there before. All great players and characters. Except myself, who is about as raw as can be with very little epic gear and not much else that is of worth. Boasting about +700 heal as a Resto Druid. But it is Normal mode right, so no biggie...

I think I was setup!

He will deny it, but I tell you it is the truth! I told Kosath one too many times how awesome my healing was, and how I could keep him alive no matter what happened. He rolled his eyes and said, "sure you can. I'm sure you can handle a Normal mode instance than right?"

In case you haven't tried it, healing that nightmare of a place is not easy. Even though it is probably easier for a druid than any other healer, I simply lacked the gear to tackle this place properly. To everyone's credit, we did make it to the final boss, with only 2 (i think) full wipes. I died about 4 times up to that point. Then the final boss came. He is ridiculous, but I am sure in time it will be okay when we figure him out. We eventually just gave up on him.

So, in short. I promise from this point forward Kosath, I will no longer make the claim that "I Rock" and that "My healing will keep us alive through anything" and certainly not that "Hey, I'm with you, what could go wrong?"

Well, at least until I gear up that is :wink:

Thanks so much to everyone that was part of that excursion. I hope you enjoyed it even half as much as I did! ))
[Image: 3183342eGUmH.png]
Wait until you try the heroic version.

I'm deathly allergic on all characters.
Don't feel bad. I haven't been further than 3 pulls in.
Dromand is at nearly triple your amount of +healing, and it's still not a joke.

Definitely my favorite 5-man instance so far. Heroic is just straight up brutal, but the rewards are fantastic (equivalent to Kara gear). No nether on Kael though, grr.
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
Quennin, you were set up! Bad Kosath!

You are absolutely right though. Healing that place is a nightmare. Healing it on heroic makes me want to peel all my leaves off. Quite a few times we've gone on heroic we've taken 2 geared to the teeth healers and it worked well. It was still hurty though!

Quote:I promise from this point forward Kosath, I will no longer make the claim that "I Rock" and that "My healing will keep us alive through anything" and certainly not that "Hey, I'm with you, what could go wrong?"

Bah! Don't say that. I've grouped with you quite a few times on my hunter in instances. You're a great healer! Magister's terrace has a habit of making healers look and feel like noobs, unfortunately.

Pinch Kosath and make him take you to Karazhan more often. Kara is good to healers gearwise...err unless you want a healing mace. :crazy:

A last thing: If you ever have any questions about gear or gems or whatever, feel free to yell at me in game or post in the RCLS Resto druid thread here, or even send me a PM if you like.
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
Bah. We did a great job, Quennin. Kael'thas spanked our mouths good, but for the rest of the instance we all played a great game. I had a really good time!
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
Mahiah Wrote:Pinch Kosath and make him take you to Karazhan more often. Kara is good to healers gearwise...err unless you want a healing mace. :crazy:

I agree with this, Kosath in my opinion is extremely open to having new people, its how I started...*shines up his [item]Shard of the Virtuous[/item].
(( To everyone that is offering consolation to me, I do appreciate it, but it is not needed. I still think that I did an excellent job, even though we ultimately were not completely successful. I also think I have a lot to learn, as I am very inexperienced in this level of healing, as well as being under geared. I am fully confident that when I get just a bit more time and gear under my belt, I can rip through Magister's Terrace with the right group.

That being said, the group was awesome. It is amazing to me that we made it as far as we did. I did really put a lot of effort into healing the group as best I could, but trust me when I say that if the group wasn't as great as it was, we wouldn't have made it half as far.

All in all a great night, another learning experience for me, and really awesome guild members to hang out with. Thanks everyone.

Except for Kosath, he and I may still have words about this :lol:

Mahiah, I will definitely be getting with you to help figure out the best options for me as a tree. Thanks for the offer!

Eruadan and Mahiah, Kosath would probably offer for me to go to Kara more, if I weren't the reason it can't happen Smile You see, I have 3 kids, 2 of which are very young, and a job that I actually drive 2 hours one way to get to and pull off an average of 48 hours a week. All that combined with a wife that would like to see more of me than Quennin (she is Tanishani by the way), and that makes for a rough time getting together at 10 PM EST to start anything. Now if there was an East Coast friendly time to do that instance, I would be able to make it much more often. In the end, I am a casual player that does more BG's than anything at the moment, and that is okay with me for now!
[Image: 3183342eGUmH.png]
((I think Sreng has been trying to get togather a eastcoster raiding time or it might have been someone else in the guild from the east coast >.>))