Noodlemortis
So as you probably know by now, Noodlemortis had a name changed enforced upon him by the half wits at Blizzard that seem intent on fueling the griefers. Here is a short less-short-than-inteneded synopsis of the story thus far:

Reported by unknown loser on Monday.

Blizz sent email informing me that my name was "Inappropriate" using the standard vulgar/religious figure/copyrighted name reasoning. I didn't see that message at first since it was delivered to my Junk box and hence deleted it as hacker spam. oops Tongue

So I attempt to log in on Wed for my raid and see that Noodle is flagged for rename, which confused me. I actually at first thought it was a UI error or something, but alas it was only Noodle that could not log in.

I went ahead and renamed him to Noodlemuerte so I could log in and file a support ticket. Then I see the in game mail that prompted me to go search for the email in my deleted email bin.

So anyway, confused by the "Inappropriate" moniker, I appealed, asking for an explanation and assuming that it was just a mistake and would soon be rectified.

The response was that they then decided it was an RP violation. Nice, way to change your reasoning guys.

I responded to them with appreciation that they finally decided to enforce the RP naming policy after seeming to ignore it for so long (based on anecdotal evidence and the rampant spread of the asinine). However, I assured them that while my name may appear borderline, that I did in fact have RP reasoning behind it and that it does fit my character. I decided I would go ahead and try to play ball with them and suggested that if they still didn't like my new name Noodlemuerte, that they could go ahead and flag it again. They did not flag it, which I find mind boggling since it is nearly identical to the old name.

At that point they basically blew me off with the "if you have any other characters that might be in violation, let us know" nonsense.

I then kind of gave up and tried to play as Noodlemuerte last night, but just couldn't get into it. Sorry if I wasn't much fun at the party. Sad

So this morning I got the GM feedback survey, which irked me that they kind of dismissed the matter out of hand. I went ahead and filled out the survey with a scathing review of the 3 GMs that had been involved. I basically called their character into question and accused them of collusion... fun stuff.

I then went ahead and continued writing a new email as I had intended after sleeping on the matter last night. I explained the entire history of why I chose the name, including a summary of my character's back story. I also explained everything I did to them on Monday night in an effort to illustrate that I could not have reasonably negatively impacted someone's enjoyment of the game, as I simply was not around. I was pretty much in a dungeon the entire time. And I know it was Monday, because I had not been in game since the previous Wednesday, at which time I basically did the same thing.

So that is where I stand right now, awaiting judgment from on high, yet again.

In the meantime, I am still Noodlemortis for all intents and purposes. My name may appear different in game, but I am the same person with the same character and should not be treated as though anything has changed. Last night people were saying in character "Oh who is this Noodlemuerte?" I won't be responding to those questions for as far as Noodle is concerned, nothing has changed... unless you want me to assume you have amnesia. Wink
[Image: IST_Noodle2_sm.jpg]
And here the human paladin, "Cornbread" is allowed to walk around unscathed.

I guess I'll be reporting dumb, non-RP names from now on. :p
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Werd.

So many awful names around, it's ridiculous. It would be easier to just remove the RP tag from the server at this point.
I guess I need to re-start my daily GM tickets about the worst of the non-RP names.

If they *really* want to play hardball, I can do that.

*cracks knuckles and sharpens pencil*
There was a druid named Eatmore who underwent a similar thing. He appealed with the RP reasons for his name and it was restored.

Just a thought.

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
I do find it interesting that after having a character for three years (I warcraft realmed you) that this all of a sudden happened. I have never seen it as anything that would go against the naming policy on the server. I certainly hope that the information you sent them regarding the roleplaying nature of the name is sufficient for them to restore it....unless some bozo wanted your name and just reported it so they could take it.
Eruadan Wrote:unless some bozo wanted your name and just reported it so they could take it.

I actually considered that. I can only hope someone was that dumb. They would reap the whirlwind!
Noodlemortis Wrote:.....They would reap the whirlwind!

....OF HAIR!!!! :lol:
Ok then, well after they rejected my RP explanation, I thought I was hosed.

I wrote one last email condemning their intelligence and communication skills, and included a somewhat unfavorable comparison of them to Bioware. Big Grin

I thought that was going to be the end of it, but lo and behold, today I get an actual email written by an actual GM.

He/she went to bat for me with those other GM's and decided to overturn their decision. Apparently the original issue was not due to RP at all, but rather due the misconception that I had named myself as an "inappropriate reference to human anatomy." (I think it was Kali who suggested that on Thurs?) But then after comparing my naming history they concluded that my intent was innocent even though they "still stand by the intent of the original decision."

So finally Noodlemortis, hair and all, is set free and back in business! Smile
Noodlemortis Wrote:So finally Noodlemortis, hair and all, is set free and back in business! Smile

Oh gawd help us all!

Persistence pays off in the end! It's good to hear it all worked out in the end.

Cookies all around! Wheeeeee!
Darnit, and after all that trouble I went through to report your name in the first place. Err... wait nevermind! <whistles tunelessly>
-Dentik
Let's see, for Winter's Veil, Dentik gets... an axe... through the head.