No longer hypothetical!!
It gives me great pleasure to announce the official date of the first (annual?)...

IRONSONG TRIBE FAMILY REUNION!!!!!!

At the residence of Sreng, Fleethoof, Daichallar, Vosiri, and their respective offspring (two twin orclings and a face-hugging troll cannibal child) in lovely Moretown VT.

The weekend of August 4, 2007 will be the date! More specific timetable TBA!

Accomodations will be limited to camping in our yard under the beautiful trees. If you need something more indoors-ish, let me know and I can help you find a decent hotel room.

Regrettably (and I have to be firm on this one), we can't allow unaccompanied minors. It's a liability that we're unwilling to assume, and besides the fact that I've been known to drink a beer or two at this sort of thing.

We'll provide food for at least one big cookout-style meal. The lovely miss Mellith has offered her culinary expertise!

RSVP to Sreng via PM here, or shoot me an email at feldenglas >a-t<hotmail>d.o-t< com.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Kretol Edit: Anti-spambot-ified the email address.
RSVPs thus far:

Confirmed:

Wakaraina
Eveline
Shillatae
Kosath
Kretol

Possible:
Sound
Efluvious
Krell
Cloudjumper

Did I forget anyone? Are any of you in the wrong category here?
Since precision isn't important yet, just mapquest your best route to Moretown VT.

And I'll definitely keep a running tab of RSVPs right here!
EEEEEEEE!!!!!
>.> <.<
If I didn't have a family family reunion the same weekend, I'd so be there!
I hope all who get to attend have a blast!
-signed, Van.
My Horde spirit and best wishes for a fun time will be attending for me...I'll even try and send some of the heat from here your way for nice weather. :twisted:
Can I send a picture of myself so you can paste it onto every photo thats taken so its as though I was actually there?

*cries*
Bump~
I will be in attendance, as I will be working in New England at the time - possibly even Burlington!
Eve, Tae, and I will likely arrive on the evening of the 2nd and stay until the evening of the 5th (thursday-sunday). Sounds like the new place isn't too far from hotels around the exit for Stowe either.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
So.. Efluvious and I are being somewhat crazy and thinking about possibly doing a -huuuuge- road trip to attend this. However, we'll need more than just him I to share the driving/gas costs/sanity relief. We'd basically be traversing across the northern part of the country in it's entirety - from Bellingham, WA to Moretown, VT. It will not be an easy feat by any means (it'll be about 3220 miles for me from B'ham total, which is insane, the most I've done before is 1300 miles - but I'm excited!). If we're dedicated enough however, we can take driving shifts while others sleep, bring along an obscene amount of things to entertain us (along with company and conversation!) and we think it could be rather feasible. Plus you'd get to see a lot of the country you never have, eat at random silly small town diners, buy obnoxious postcards at gas stations and all that other good stuff. Sure, there might be plane flight, but where's the fun in that?

What we need to know though if there's anyone along our general path who'd like to join us. I'll include a map of it attached to this. Those who are willing to help drive, pitch in on gas costs and join in on the madness which is likely ensue upon the way would be the best. Also, willingness to withstand Efluv and mine's goofiness would help immensely :">. It could be fun!

So, let us know, will ya?
Interesting, as I'm trying to work out some travel arrangements myself. A cross-country trip with Sound and Efluvious? <shudders>

The possibilities....

~ Krell
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
Krell Wrote:Interesting, as I'm trying to work out some travel arrangements myself. A cross-country trip with Sound and Efluvious? <shudders>

The possibilities....

~ Krell

*grins at Krell* You and Efluv together would quite possibly make for the most comical and hilarious road trip. Ever. And I would love every single second of it.
Sound, I say do it. Stop in Chicago for the awesome. If you do take I90 through Chicago, be aware that IL will toll your hide like crazy. Also, the various "Expy"s there are not very express - there will be constant traffic, I've learned. It usually takes me an hour to get from one end of the city to the other. South Bend is three hours after that via I90, and there's free parking all through the downtown area. It's a quaint town. I believe you'll be passing right by Niagara when you go through NY. Upstate NY will be seventeen times more beautiful by simply not being flat and boring.

Try to go insane before you go through the Cleveland area, though. You'll need to save all the sanity you have for towns like Akron (though I don't know if it's actually ON I90).

Make sure you have at least a half tank at all times. There's some spots where gas is going to be really infrequent. Also, for the love of all that is holy, don't take I80 through northern PA. Ever.
Sound Wrote:(it'll be about 3220 miles for me from B'ham total, which is insane, the most I've done before is 1300 miles - but I'm excited!).

Sound, you may want to revise your estimate of "total" to include driving back. 6400 miles round trip. If you average 30 miles per gallon and $3.00 a gallon (and that's optimistic), it will be $640 in gas. Add on food, tolls, and a hotel somewhere along the way to sleep and shower, and you're probably pushing 800 bucks.

Now it may seem like I'm saying all that as a deterent, but I'm suggesting that if you have your heart set on this, you bring at least 3 people to split the cost. Otherwise a plane ticket could be cheaper.

Just don't forget that long drive home, and brace yourselves for being fed up with eachother by the time you get back. Wink
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Kosath Wrote:Just don't forget that long drive home, and brace yourselves for being fed up with eachother by the time you get back. Wink

Tribal Bonding Experience!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  another "COMPLETELY Hypothetical" idea. (west coast moot?) 41 14,716 07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Guest
  COMPLETELY hypothetical.... Sreng 36 13,164 05-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sreng