New Account Creation Problem
Hello Powers-That-Be,

I was contacted this eve by a new recruit called Shyris. She indicated that she has tried to setup a new account and did not get any validation e-mails. She said that she does have an active and valid e-mail address. She said that she tried to setup an account under both Shyris and LadyShyris when the first one didn't work.

If someone could take a look, not sure if there might be a problem or not.

Thanks,

CJ.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Do you know if she checked for the validation emails in her spam folder? I know that occasionally that's where mine have ended up when I've set up accounts on forums like this one.
This actually has been happening a lot lately.. I recently just helped someone who had the same issue. In the end Kretol had to manually activate their account in the system for it finally work. Kind of makes you wonder how many potential applications this has prevented from happening because so..
Seems to be happening with all Yahoo accounts - the validation emails simply aren't delivered. My guess is because others that use the same webhost are using their email for malicious (ie, SPAM) purposes, so therefore the IP address of the shared mailserver is blocked.

At any rate, I activated her account.
Thank you much, I will let her know in-game.

CJ.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Account Creation Issues/Disabled Mailboxes Kretol 1 2,617 01-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Kretol