Naxx 25 and Waitlisting
I am very pleased with the level of interest in our Naxx 25 man raids. So far, 44 people have attended the raid. 36 of these, I consider "regulars." This is a good thing, and bodes well for our continued progress. Nevertheless, because there are only 25 spots, waitlisting is an unfortunate side effect .

There are several issues with waitlisting that I want to get out on the table.

The rules:
1. I am using the in-game calendar to handle invites. I am inviting more than 25 people to a raid. If you cannot attend a raid to which you are invited, please decline the invite so that I will know.
2. If you are present at the time of the raid, but get waitlisted, you will get +5 points added to your roll. You have to be present at raid time to get this bonus.
3. If the raid leader puts you on standby status before the time of the raid, you will be put on the waitlist and will get priority for the next raid.

Here are some additional things to consider:
1. Role balance is a priority. We have to have a certain number of tanks and healers.
2. There is a minimum gear requirement. In general, this means level 80 blues, all sockets gemmed, glyphs filled, and enchants done. There are crafters in the tribe willing to help you with gems and enchants, though you should supply the materials. To gear up, talk to tribe crafters and run heroics.
3. I could try to give people some advanced notice by putting them on "standby" if I think they are going to be waitlisted. This does not necessarily mean you won't get in the raid, as there are other factors at work. For example, sometimes people don't accept invites or have to cancel at the last minute. Last Friday, we actually ended up having several open spots that we had to scramble to fill. Basically, if you want to raid, you should probably be online at the time of the raid. My guess is that relatively few people will end up getting waitlisted, but this is something we are going to have to find out. For now, I will not be putting people on standby, but will hold this for an option in the future.
4. Finally, this is going to work best if we will communicate with each other about availability. You can send Jabadue or Sbin mail or tells in-game.

Thanks for all the support and I hope you are enjoying the raid. Let me know if you have any concerns or suggestions about this.

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel