Menandor

A tall, white haired Sin'dorei woman in white leathers approaches the totem and gazes at it silently for a moment. Lets see... fill out this application.. with what? Oh well, I'll just carve it onto the wood of the totem I guess

Pulling out a small knife, she begins to cut into the wood.

1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise

My name is Menandor. I have several titles given to me by my enemies, the one I take the most delight in is "That G(Parental Alert!)d B(Parental Alert!)c". Also, my niece calls me 'aunt'.

2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.

I have been many things during the years. Apprentice sailor was one of my favorites, and I learned a great deal there. How to tie knots, how to drink, how to swear. Good, practical knowledge. Currently however, I am a Ranger. There is something viscerially satisfying about the twang of the bow preceding the 'thump' of my foeman's body striking the ground.

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.

I come from a large family of jerks, most of whom hate eachother. The details are both sordid and trite.
I tried my hand at several occupations, travelled around a great deal, learned whatever I could. Finally, I moved to Silvermoon City shortly after its destruction. Due to some internal betrayals in my extended family, I am currently searching for my brother (one of the few, along with my niece that I do like). I had heard a rumor he could be found in Kalimdor, and later that he was in Outland. Having scoured Kalimdor from top to bottom and inside out, I now seek him in Outland.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.

I am an expert skininer and a passable leatherworker. My medical skills are a bit rusty, but I do like to keep my hand in that field when I have time, and I am an inferior cook. I do not posses the patience for fishing, although I do own a pole, a left-over from my time on the sea.

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?

Ugh. Do we have to talk about this? Very well.
Some time ago, when I was weakened and injured and seeking any refuge I could find, I fled back to Silvermoon City, where I met a bloodelf named Ixxios. He was putting together a group that he called the Elven Empire. I was, as I said, hurt and weak. I joined up with him, for he claimed he had a hidden sanctum where I could hide and heal. It turned out that the 'hidden sanctum' was the back of the clothiers in Silvermoon, surrounded by leper gnome slaves.

Never-the-less, I did heal and out of gratitude, I even stayed with them for a bit. This became harder and harder to do the more insistant he became that I share his bed, even tho I told him in no uncertain terms that I would not.

Then one day another bloodelf named Valianos found our 'sanctum' and charged Ixxios with being a murderer. Our 'leader' ordered the rest of the group to kill this interloper. At the time, my wounds had healed and I was the strongest warrior the group had. I asked what grounds he should be executed upon, and Ixxios refused to give one. He simply screamed and screamed that we should kill this man, and if we did not we were all traitors to his glorious Empire.

Not wanting to murder a man in cold blood without even the flimsiest of reasons, I refused. Ixxios then fled and I did not see him again. However, a messenger delivered me a letter informing me that he considered this a betrayal, that ALL of the "empire" had betrayed him, and he was going to sulk in a cave somewhere and we should consider the "empire" disbanded.

Several days later, I was in Orgrimmar grometting my bow when I happened to run into the bloodelf Valianos, who had caused such a ruckus back in Silvermoon. He invited me to join his own clan, a group called the Spirits of Azeroth. He said they were dedicated to friendship and peace and cooperation. As I knew I would be spending quite a lot of time in Kalimdor, and as he had seemed like a reasonable person when last we met, I agreed.

After being introduced to the rest of his friends, I immediately 'hit it off' with a young gnome Forsaken who, several times during the next few days, tried to knife me. Once during a raid by... pirates. On the guild hall. Which is not particularly near the ocean.

After being 'saved' by some human Marines from Kul Tiras, and meeting the guild's bard, a Kel'dorei who for some reason looks like a Sin'dorei and many other people who were not what they seemed, and after being shown that 'friendly' only counted if you were bedding the bard or one of his many many many other lovers, I decided that the ongoing melodrama and repeated attacks by the psychotic gnome corpse were just too much for me, and I began looking around for a new home.

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.

I've not met any of the Ironsingers personaly, but have heard tales of the strength of this clan, and it sounds like something I would be interested in. Also, you have such nicely carved totems (OOC: one of the better guild websites I've seen in years of playing).

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?

You mean besided fending off the unwanted amorous advances of various and sundry elves who think they are far more irresistable to women than they actually are?

My last family 'reunion.' One of my cousins murdered his brother, and then betrayed the rest of the family to enemies. I only barely escaped with my life. On a 'more recently' level, my greatest trial lately has been the extermination of the Bloodscale naga tribe. The little blighters breed like murlocs!

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?

I wish to find my brother, the rightful leader of my family. If he is dead, I want his killer to suffer for at least a thousand years before he dies. Also, a netherdrake. And a pony

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?

Travelling to new and exotic places, meeting new and interesting people, and killing them.

No, seriously, I do like to meet new people, and listen to their stories. I like to travel, and learn new things. I love to read, and try new sciences. For instance, I have recently taken an interest in anatomy.

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.

I have read these 'codes' of which you speak, and they do not seem to be a trial.
-Menandor

The woman stands up slowly, her knees poppipng. She has covered almost every square inch of the totem with carved words. Putting the knife away, she shakes the hand that previously held it vigorously to losen the cramped muscles. Taking one last long look at what she wrote, she nods to herself, turns, and asks a passing guard where the nearest tavern is.
<Reads the totem slowly, nodding his head> This one -- she bears watching.

OOC: Most excellent application. Weekly tribal moots are held thursdays at around 6 server time -- location usually to be announced. Come if you can and meet folks.
((ooc: I like this one. Can we keep her? ))
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
((Awsome, I like this one already...))
(Graz approves. I liked the part about meeting people and killing them. And ponies.))
Coranda wanders by the totem and does a slight double-take upon seeing the torrent of words carved on it. She shakes her head, realizing that someone forgot to replenish the usual application supplies. A quick rummage through her seemingly endless pack produces an intricately carved wooden box, an inch-high stick of creamy white paper, a bouqet of quills and a small basket full of thumbtacks. She drops the paper in the box, arranges the quills and thumbtacks artistically, and labels everything in sight.

Nodding, she wanders away, glad of the opportunity to do something nice for the Tribe.

About an hour later, in the fields of Mulgore, a crash of misplaced lightning and several startled yelps let everyone in the region know that she forgot the most important thing: reading the application. Four false starts, two side trips, and one really long moment of getting lost later, she manages to get back to the Totem and rectify the situation. She grins: "This one sounds like she'll fit right in. And an elf, too! I wonder what my husband will make of her..."

(OOC: Adorable!)
*Lady Shadris reads the aplication carved into the totem intently and almost triped over a nearby box once.* Hmm.....Intresting person.....

*Valendra Lightblade nods* Yes....I think I'll Like this one...

((Sounds like a intresting character has a bluntness that isn't supposed to be normal with Blood Elves but Tutelary is pretty much the same in that manner look forward to meeting you.))
After having been woken rudely from his nap, badgered into traveling all the way to Tanaris and hurtling through a rip in time to kill a handful of pompous Dragonkin of indeterminate origin... He finally makes his way to the totem to read the message his wife was so insistent about. Going down on one knee to better see the scrawled carving, he reads. Occasionally he mouths a word. At least once he lets out a soft grunt, tracing along the writing with a fingernail so thick and long it more resembles the claw of some sort of predator. Eventually he climbs to his hooves and stomps off, shaking his head, with a muttered, "Wonder what she'll say about bears with big egos" cast to no one in particular.
Righteous are those who look up and sway with the wind,
Who look down and dance with the shifting of the soil,
Who swim with the movement of the tides!