((Marie's Guide to Animated Character Avatars))
-=Updated for the move of the Model Viewer=-

((Gra'zak asked me how I made my Animated avatar, so I thought others would have the same question too. Well to be honest I did not make my avatar the way I will show you here, I used Adobe Photoshop, and Image Ready to tweak mine. This way though is a simple effecient way to make you a lil' avatar, that anyone can do without the aid of those programs i used. Hope this helps ya'll.

First off the only tool you need, is World of Warcraft Model Viewer

So enjoy my short lil tutorial, this is what happens when you have to much free time.

[Image: Frame_001.jpg]<br>
---------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: Frame_002.jpg]<br>
[Image: Frame_003.jpg]<br>
[Image: Frame_004.jpg]<br>
[Image: Frame_005.jpg]<br>
[Image: Frame_006.jpg]<br>
[Image: Frame_007.jpg]<br>
[Image: Frame_008.jpg]<br>
[Image: Frame_009.jpg]<br>
[Image: Frame_010.jpg]<br>
[Image: Frame_011.jpg]<br>

This is the end result:
[Image: DefiasSwing.gif]

Hoped that was understandable. I fear the images might be to big! I made this a little fast. If the sizes are to unbareable, let me know.))

Marie
I am trying your idea here, but I have the same problem Grazak apparently does

<----- See avatar
I would first liike to commend you on a fantastic, if a little too big, tutorial. It's informative, easy to follow, and entertaining. The perfect learning tool.
The mighty cannot stop me, nor the wise make plans against me.
Quote:I am trying your idea here, but I have the same problem Grazak apparently does

<----- See avatar

You saying that your characters have no textures? Or the fact that you avatar is apreantly missing from photobucket? I'll look into both problems there.

Quote:I would first liike to commend you on a fantastic, if a little too big, tutorial. It's informative, easy to follow, and entertaining. The perfect learning tool.

Sorry about the size, i have a widescreen monitor, so it's hard to judge what fits or not. If it is infact to large, i can try and shrink em down.

~Marie
Pff, large shmarge. People should have monitors that run at 1280x1024, and they should be using that setting! Hah hah, sorry, artist elitism I guess.

I think these are not only perfectly fine in size, but well done! Grand work, Dezna.
It has been a while, my friends. Time to come back in time.
Yay! Thanks!
Bloodsail, and proud.
Fantastic! It's not too big. Now if I had to scroll horizontally, then that's a problem. But yeah, the problem I'm having is whenever I export the .gif animation, the model always comes out textureless. I have no clue what's causing this or how to solve it.
Quote:Fantastic! It's not too big. Now if I had to scroll horizontally, then that's a problem. But yeah, the problem I'm having is whenever I export the .gif animation, the model always comes out textureless. I have no clue what's causing this or how to solve it.

Ok, when i get the chance, i'll try and replicate your problem and try and help you two out.

~Marie
it seems several people on the message boards for this viewer have the same sort of problem. Its quite possible its some sort of video card incompatibility that makes the avatars come up missing textures.
No problems here. Can't quite say what the problem might be. Everything animated and exported just the way it was supposed to (though it would be nice if there was a "keep aspect ratio" option for the resizing.)

Overall, that was a great tutorial. Thanks for the help!
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Damoxian Wrote:I am trying your idea here, but I have the same problem Grazak apparently does

<----- See avatar
Use <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.imageshack.us">http://www.imageshack.us</a><!-- w -->

Better host, in my oppinion.
[Image: legendm.jpg]
[Image: NMrob.jpg]
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ctprofiles.net/1505357">http://ctprofiles.net/1505357</a><!-- m -->
Damoxian Wrote:it seems several people on the message boards for this viewer have the same sort of problem. Its quite possible its some sort of video card incompatibility that makes the avatars come up missing textures.

Possibly. I use an ATI Radeon X700 Pro, and yourself?
Hmm for some reason I can't seem to see the animations move, and I also have and ATI Radeon Pro.
"Is it any wonder, under such a burden, they seemed mad? We all have found ourselves railing against them and later consoling them. Theirs was a burden we each bore but a fraction. They shouldered it, and in the end, it crushed them."
ATI radeon x850 So it looks like ATI cards are hosed for this.
Damoxian Wrote:ATI radeon x850 So it looks like ATI cards are hosed for this.

I'm running an ATi x800 XT, and mine came out fine. Have you guys updated to the latest version of the Catalyst drivers? I don't think I have updated in a while, so maybe the drivers are to blame?
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]