Lyralan
1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise

Hiya. The name's Lyralan Deathknell.

2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.

I'm a thief, rogue, sneaky bastard, "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU!"...just a few things I've been called.

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.

I'm sorry to report that I was born near Silvermoon City in the care of the sin'dorei. My family ain't worth talking about much; they were a pathetic, useless bunch of addicts with a blind allegiance to that twisted deviant Kael'thas. I knew early on that I needed to get the hell out of that place. The moans of "Remember the Sunwell" faded quickly as I threw my lot in with the Undead. I now serve Lady Sylvanas and bear her sigil on this leather medallion around my neck. Right here. See how it glows? Pretty sure this is night elf leather it's inscribed on.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.

I don't hold much with making fancy stuff. I prefer money in my pocket. I mine ore and gems and also collect herbs. I'm also a fair hand with a fishing pole, a frying pan, or, in a pinch, a bandage.

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?

Once I decided the way of the deadlings was for me, I joined up with Ascending Darkness. At the time it was a welcome diversion from all that tweety sin'dorei nonsense, with a nice dank guild hall. Unfortunately, as time's gone by, my guildmates have set their sights pretty firmly on large and difficult battles, for which I'm not quite ready. My lack of readiness having turned me into a lesser member of the guild, I feel it's time to move on. I didn't appreciate being looked down upon when I refused to eat my bloodthistle as a child, and I guess it's just stuck with me.

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.

I don't know you lot that well. But something tells me your goals and practices are more in line with my own.

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?

While helping out the deadlings in Tranquillien (not far from my birthplace), I developed a solid respect for them. To that end I decided to gain as much favor as possible with Lady Sylvanas. I did everything I possibly could to aid the Undead, from fighting the Scourge near Brill to staving off the Alliance goons in Hillsbrad. For a while, this was the only thing on my mind. I frequently returned to the Dark Lady to receive more instruction and to continue gaining her trust. Well, my hard work was rewarded with the right to ride my darlin' Deadsteed, as well as having conferred upon me by Sylvanas herself the right to choose the name "Deathknell," as I left my old name behind years and years ago. She also presented me with the medallion I mentioned above. And I won't say any more about that except that I still get dirty looks from Varimathras when I visit her. 'Nuff said.

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?

Except for the above, I'm a pretty "go where the wind blows me" kind of guy. I've headed through the Dark Portal and back, although I'm just a tad green to be taking on those demonic hellboars and whatnot. I've got assignments in a number of lower level dungeons and have had no luck from my guild trying to complete them. Hoping to get some better gear although I haven't paid any attention to this "tier" stuff. Whatever I can buy, steal, or loot off a corpse has worked for me but I'm starting to suspect I need a better plan.

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?

The money that rolls in when I sell my stashes. Helping out a young friend who's trying to become an engineer. Seeing new places and meeting new people. And, of course, killing them.

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.

Aye aye. Nothing more than common sense it seems to me.

((Just wanted to specify that I have nothing against Ascending Darkness. Lots of good folks there and they've come a long way. Unfortunately it was while I wasn't playing this character much so now I'm sort of out in the cold and undergeared at 58 (a bub away from 59). There's been no dramaz or anything remotely like it; just my feeling that I need to move on. Lyralan's semi-rant is IC. :-) ))