Learning Raid - Who'd Help?
I mentioned the idea in the Humungothread, but figured I'd see if there's actually any interest for it before putting serious time into it.

A "Learning Raid" would be a Karazhan raid, led by experienced Kara raiders, most likely using their Alts. Basically, those signing up to help this raid would be dedicating themselves to helping others learn the raid. That's going to mean lots of patience, lots of repair bills, and lots of doing early Kara bosses over and over again.

I'd hope to have a group of 6-10 people that would be willing to help out this way. We'd all need to be geared appropriately, and be able to fill key positions - tanks and healers, most likely.

Personally, I'm going to be starting shift work as of next week, so my availability might change around a lot. I presume others will have the same problem (or RL will interfere, or whatever), so a group of 3 or 4 tanks and 5 or 6 healers would probably be ideal. Other classes would be useful as well, but the tanks/healers would be essential.

Once we had some tanks/healers figured out, imo it would be ideal to rotate them into the other Kara raids so that they can get experience with their role while having someone who can 'take over' if need be. We'd work together when we could to get used to each other's tactics, as well as getting each other geared up and get more experience filling our roles.

So, if you're interested, please reply here with your character, class/spec, vague gear status (greens, mostly blues, some heroic epics, some kara epics, etc), and any ideas or suggestions.

I'd be willing to powerlevel Dromand, my paladin, to 70 and get him geared for this. He could tank or heal, but I'd prefer to tank since we've fewer of those than healers. Along the way, hopefully he could help others do key runs, or just practice tanking in instances.
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
This is a good idea Logros. Really wishing I had a second character to bring, but it may be some time before Corij is 70th and keyed.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Oh, and if the main reason you'd be hesitant for helping out on this would be gear, please know that that's a worry that can be helped a lot by others. There's a lot of good craftable gear around, and there's plenty of us that are willing to give away a lot of that kind of stuff.

I'm also usually happy to help with instances to get folks gear.
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
Logros, insomuch as bringing alts to assist, as you mentioned... I would be willing to respec Vilyave (shaman, 70th) full Restoration and assist in healing if I am able (depending, of course, on time and scheduling and whatnot). She is not presently keyed and has moderately questionable gear due mainly to my shortage of playing time, most of which is generally spent on Naruth or Aeorie anyway. But I have extensive experience healing Karazhan as a priest, and Vilyave leveled to 60 and spent most of her time at 60 as restoration, so I am familiar with that particular brand of healing as well. If there is a need for filler DPS (I doubt this Wink ), I do prefer her as Elemental, but healing is my joy, so I would not object to respeccing back and forth. I couldn't do it all the time... two raids is just too much for me to do on a regular, extended basis! But certainly as often as I can.

edit: You asked for gear information, right, got it! Healing gear... I have a few BOE blues, a quest reward blue or two, and a few quest reward greens. I want to say something along the lines of 600 +healing unbuffed as elemental, but I've really not checked in a while as I haven't had to heal with her at all recently. Also, I've run a 70th instance with her once, so um, no heroic keys or such. Goodness knows I don't even like to run heroics on Nar, who is keyed for everything. :X
Naruth Wrote:I couldn't do it all the time... two raids is just too much for me to do on a regular, extended basis! But certainly as often as I can.

Yeah, I expect that'll be the theme of folks helping out with this - most if not all of us will have our own regular raids, which is why I'm hoping I can rummage up enough folks that we can mix and match tanks/healers/warlock tanks and whoever else we need.

And yeah, I can understand liking Elemental. Now that Logros is well-geared for it, it's pretty awesome Smile

And in case it's not clear, I want to stress that I have no interest in setting this up as my raid. Imo, it'll be a purely communal project, with everyone involved stepping up as much as they'd like to lead and such. I'm just getting the ball rolling, and offering to do some of the gruntwork.
Like I said, I'm more than willing to help out. Unfortunately, I only have a warlock and a warrior. It may be that my warrior will be free sometimes, but I can't promise anything. Most likely it'd be grommash there (great, another dps right?) But there you have it.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
I could offer Tab when he hits 70 as a Healadin.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
I will help with my Healadin Azazzel and will possibly help with Eatmore later on.
[Image: Eatmore.png]
Depending on possible scheduling conflicts, I would be happy to help with either Krell, BM Hunter...or with Shantow who is currently a BOOMkin Druid. I would be more than happy to respec Shantow to feral, but would really like to try resto to satisfy the healing bug thats been itching lately.
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
Needs more tree, imo.

Give it a try, Shantow! It's addicting. Wink
Efluvious Wrote:Most likely it'd be grommash there (great, another dps right?) But there you have it.

Folks that know the place inside out are pretty key. I'm sure we'd be glad to have ya on whoever Eflu Smile
Logros Wrote:Folks that know the place inside out are pretty key. I'm sure we'd be glad to have ya on whoever Eflu Smile

Not every week, but Anoximon is usually not bound to a Karazhan instance and probably wouldn't mind a painful repair bill to help others learn (Haha, I'm volunteering someone else!). I could also take my feral druid, Tamubar, or my ludicrously pvp-spec/geared warlock, Bloodfeaster.

That is, if OOG help is even welcome. If not, hey, I don't mind NOT having a repair bill, either! Smile
Well Ely, where did you think I was hoping to have Dromand learn to tank? :lol:

Unless the officers disagree, I don't see any harm at all in accepting OOG help from folks we know. For those wanting to come to learn, I think the goal would be to have as many IG raiders as possible, filling slots as we usually do from the regular places (Harsh Winter, Bloodbound, Errant, Discord, etc)

I for one don't want to turn it into "Come with IST to learn Kara!" or anything Wink
I don't know how serious he was about it, but Damo and I have spoken about switching out Sound for Kaltessa and Damo for Vythika when the time comes that Sound is done with what she needs in there (which is down to two more pieces).. so while it may not be very soon, once she's able and free I'd be more than willing to come help out and heal.

Until that switching point comes (if/when)-- once Vyth hits 70 soon'ish she could certainly help out whenever needed/at a time that wouldn't conflict with current Vanguard raiding. I know that DPS is exactly what you don't need and know that I am relatively a noob at the Warlock class, but it's something. At that point she should have her full Shadoweave set and a few blues.. From there I'll be working on gathering the mats for the other epic tailoring junk for her.

I'm quite fond of this idea and Grey's post, I hope something comes of 'em!
I could bring Simra my hunter, yay for more dps. She's not 70 and not keyed yet. Hopefully that's not too far off at the rate I've been going. Or...

..god don't make me roll a priest!

roll a priest?

TGIF is all I can say.
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby