Laurynthas' application
1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise.
Laurynthas. My former surname is no longer mine to claim. I bear no special titles as yet, though I have provided some small assistance to Thrall himself in rooting out corrupt warlocks in Orgrimmar.

That, I have to say, was a bit awkward. I hope and pray the same thing never needs to be done for myself, but the future will be what it is.

2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.
I am a warlock, specializing in demonology. Mother will never forgive me.

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.

I am Laurynthas. My mother raised me in the Hinterlands, an incredibly quiet upbringing. Very little of notice happened out there, until a quiet, well-spoken human came staggering onto our land. Nearly frozen in an ice storm (he was not really properly dressed for the mountains in the first place), I knew Mother would be loathe to let him stay if it could be avoided. With no other realistic options that would let him survive, I let him in.

Besides, Mother was away to visit the Dwarves for supplies.

From him, I learned a great many things before the storm blew itself out finally. The most important thing I learned was that the Blood elves were suffering from the lack of the Sunwell, and had decided to do research into Fel energies to see if they could be tamed to sate the magical addiction. I read what books he had available on the subject, and decided that I myself would research this. Too many lines of research seemed to have been taken up with a specific bias in mind, and I will research this myself, *without* bias of any kind, to see what can or cannot be done.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.

In an effort to be as self-sufficient as I may, I am learning both tailoring and the art of enchantment. I have been given the rudiments of first-aid training, but there is much I still need to learn.

I am also using my enchantment skills to see if, perhaps, powerful enchantments can be crafted to provide enough magical energy for use by Elves without destroying the enchantment in question, but I do not feel so hopeful about that.

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?
None. I have lived a sheltered life, I fear. I hope to change that.

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.

I have met other members in passing, but spoke with some few of your people to see what Ironsong stands for. From all I have heard, the Ironsong Tribe stands for The Horde, and the ideals thereof. I wish to assist in preserving those ideals. As well, every time I asked for a suggestion of a group to ally myself with, Ironsong was always mentioned at some point or another. Dealing with fel energies as I am, it is also a very good idea to have some allies who know how I behave, who can tell me if I seem to be succumbing to Fel contamination or the like. I do hope that isn't needed, but...

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?
My greatest trial was gathering my courage to tell my mother that I was studying to be a warlock, instead of simply 'letting' her figure it out. I felt this was the only proper way to go about it, but this was truly the most difficult task I had performed so far in my life. "Did Not Go Well" sums it up. I was banished, but knew such a thing was likely before I began.

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?
I chose, deliberately, to follow my 'other' heritage, and allowed myself to use arcane magics to the point of addiction. My goal is to discover if Fel energies from demons can serve as an acceptable replacement to the Sunwell, and if so, how to allow all the people to benefit. If not, why not and how to correct it. Everyone seems to have their own "pet" theory to forward or decry either side of this, and I have decided to study it personally.

My goal in life is to find a way to allow the Blood Elves to be free of the Arcane addictions that are such a problem, and perhaps allow them a solution that works for everyone, high and low, to be free. I will study research others have made, but I refuse to accept their results if the experiments seem slip-shod or haphazard.

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?
I enjoy everything; meeting people, seeing new places, learning new things... Everything!

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.

I agree.
<Reads the totem carefully, then turns to Mahiah, one bushy black eyebrow raised. His nostrils flare> This one could be trouble. Fel magic! But she seems sane enough -- maybe that will make the difference. Perhaps she will show up at the moot tonight.
*Eye's Greyfith* Not all those that use Fel energy's are corrupt. It is a mearly a tool to those of us that can control it.

But a warning to you Laurynthas, Be wary with your studys or else you may end up as a Wretched. Fel Magics may be a powerfull tool, But if your will isn't strong enough they will overcome you. I wish you well in your training as a Warlock perhaps you should visit some of the other powerfull Summoners of Quel'thalas.