Last minute buisness
Most of you probebly know of my depature, if not, I left. The reason? People were taking offence to my roleplaying, taking it personally when it should be a exchange between two characters. Shillatae's comment to me crossed a line. It does matter if it is IC or OOC, and characters should be able to offend eachother from time to time. Its part of the experiance, to explore the full range of emotions and situtations through characters and story.

The other comments also made me said. "This isnt the time or the place for that kind of thing" Since when did we stop roleplaying on raids? I used to be in Stormfist, and be the only one who roleplayed in raids. I had people make the same remarks. I never thought I would hear such things from Irongsong. I thought we were a family/rp guild. No it seems we are turning into every other guild on the server. A raid guild. Enjoy that, but thats not why I play WoW.

Ive asked Dispaya to take over running the Ironsong Parade, since I believe its a great idea, and dont want to see it die. I most likly wont be around much. Being in Ironsong, roleplaying and such, was the main reason I countinued to play WoW. But with the loss of the main person I rped with, and now the tribe itself, I dont have much of a reason to log on.

I hope everyone continues to enjoy there time playing, as well as enjoy there lives we they arnt playing. Goodbye and Farewell. ::Bows::
Im sorry you feel that way. What you said, in responce to my in character comment was somthing along the lines of "I dont care if its OOC or IC, comments like that at not ok." I dont remember the exact words, but I think that was the jist of it. To me that was a comment that was debaseing to the general RP atmosphere.

On that note, Im sorry to those Ebberk may of offend over my time playing. I really hold no ill will against any of you, and I was quite fond of all those I talked with. It makes me said to leave, but I dont want to play a chracter like this if its going to hurt anyone. I thought people could deal with it, that people wouldnt take ic comments personally. I guess I just have an abrasive personality.

Edit: The first part is a responce to a post that no longer exists.
Sorry about that deletion, I just replied in too much haste as we were still in the Core when you posted. Hit "submit" instead of "preview" in my distraction.

In any case, I don't wish to argue. I wish you well as I said in my prior post.
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
OOC:

There is a very fine line between OOC and IC on a raid, many times. It is unfortunate, but most are completely OOC in raid chat, or even group chat... I will leave my opinion of that out of this discussion.

However, the fine line is approached and violently crossed when you begin telling people that they are "doing a bad job". In or out of character, this is not a way to treat a tribemate, no matter how abrassive your character is. My tribemates' feelings come before such types of RP. Always. No matter which character I'm playing...from Zema's boisterous happiness to Zarrae's quiet opposition to Mirdra's dislike of all-things (un)dead.

I play a game, we all do. In this game, people put a huge amount of pride into their character, their abilities, and their usefulness to the raid/group/tribe/whatever. When you demean someone's usefulness, even if it is IN-character, you demean the person behind the character. Feelings were crushed tonight, hiding it behind your character does not change the fact that it did hurt.

I hope to see you all when we're able to be around.

-Zema
It occurs to me that since this farewell post was in the members forum, you wouldn't be able to see it yourself once the member roster is updated; and whatever else has transpired I think that would be a bit sad.

So, I have moved it here to the General Forum. I don't think there is any reason for this to become any more negative than it is in and of itself. We disagreed I think about some things and while perhaps there may have been some measure of misunderstanding in the immediacy of the situation it is your right to choose what you will.

That said I have never wanted anyone to leave the Tribe feeling badly, and not because I am concerned about our reputation but because I care about my Tribemates even if they no longer have <The Ironsong Tribe> above their heads. My same concern for the RL feelings of the Tribe's players that led us into conflict insists that I tell you to if you continue playing to let mw know if there is aught I can help you with.

I may often as not be unable to help folks who ask, but I do when I can within reason and ability. I can't make any promises, I'm just me with as many foibles as anyone, but I'll be around.

Waes thu hal.
Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
One day, about half a year ago now, I came back to WoW from a hiatus. You see, I remeber the moot where Ebberk joined. But due to my inactivity, I forgot who he was. And my forgetfulness almost got me rilled up.

For the first interaction I recall with Ebberk when I got back was him being quite sneer and condescending. I took affront to this, not realizing this was how he RP'ed. Luckily, Merrina sent me a tell letting me know that Ebberk didn't intend to anger, it's just his character did. This first struck me as odd, but then I went along with it. I learned how to RP in return to Ebberk, and through OOC tells I found out my and his limitations. He is genuinley a nice guy OOC, I must say. He can also be quite helpful IC. It's just when things go lousy, Ebberk as a character is quick to act lousy...

It's sad to see you leave Ebberk. Hopefully you come back. A break from WoW is needed at times. Enjoy it, rest up, and do what you need to do. If you come back to us, all the better!
It has been a while, my friends. Time to come back in time.
Thank you Haida. Thats a good way of putting it, acting lousy when things go lousy. I do it alot when I lose in warsong gulch to. I dont care about loseing, its fun just to play the game. Its just part of the character. Im sad to think this whole thing blew up because of a bad day and a Curse of the Elements. I apologize to you again Edo, its best not to take ic things seriously. I dont really think Craig wants to ripe the soul out of my body and chain me for eternity in some burning hell of his own desgin, But Damoxian sure might want to.

Roleplaying is exentially acting, and to be a good acter you need to be true to the character, but at the same time you cant lose yourself in the character. When two acters yell at eachother at screen, they dont take the things said personally. They are just living out roles, creating characters and stories. Yes, peoples feelings got hurt in this situation, but it shouldnt have happened, no matter what was being said. I, the player of Ebberk, wasnt telling the player of Edo that he was doing a bad job, Ebberk was telling Edo he was doing a bad job because he wasnt fitting into Ebberks perfect plan. Wouldnt it have been a much more enjoyable time for all if Edo had just laughed in Ebberks face and said somthing like "I do what the demons will me little mage." There could have been some nice bickering and then we could have killed some more trash mobs.

My point is that the roles we play are important in making stories, and if we take what the things we say personally all the time, then we limit the depth and scope of the stories we can tell. We end up just playing shallow versions of ourselves in a fantasy world.

I left because I had a bad night, and woke up happy to go raiding with you guys, since I dont get to very often because of work. I was a bit down, vulrnable and overly sensitive. The last thing I wanted to do was bring anyone else down. And when all that over reaction when on, it just made me feel worse. When I feel bad, I withdraw. So yes, I think Ill take break. Its not like I have much to do on Ebberk these days except kill Firebolgs. When I come back, I would hope you would consider taking me back. Because really, there is no better place of Silverhand, then in the Ironsong Tribe.
Ebby...
You are my dear friend and I was deeply saddened when you left. I wanted to say something to help but I could not find words. I wish we could change what happened, but perhaps the best we can do is to try and lay some ground rules so this type of thing is more easily avoidable in the future. I will do my best to advise the tribe on these matters in the future.

This incident may have come about because of a string of similar incidents where players have been contradicting raid orders and offering opinions on tactics DURING the raids. Even though I'm sure everyone has the best interests of the tribe at heart...this has caused some frustration and has become a more serious problem in general lately.

I am sure we are likely to see tribe Officers making some stricter guidelines on raid ettiquette as a result of these types of occurances...but in the meantime as a courtesy I think we should ALL try to offer tribemates the benefit of our experience in raid chat only BEFORE the raid starts. Perhaps raid chat is generally not a good place for extensive RP because most players assume it is OOC.

I would like to suggest that this particular incident was no different than a tribal WIPE...it was unfortunate and sad and we lost a tribemate, but perhaps as a tribe we can all res ourselves and learn from it and try to do better in the future...just like we would on any other raid.

All my love to you Ebberk...I hope one day you return to us. Thank you again for all the help and fun RP you shared with me. I will miss you.

-=((D))=-
Sing True Ironsong!
Ebberk Wrote:Its just part of the character. Im sad to think this whole thing blew up because of a bad day and a Curse of the Elements. I apologize to you again Edo, its best not to take ic things seriously.

Roleplaying is exentially acting, and to be a good acter you need to be true to the character, but at the same time you cant lose yourself in the character. When two acters yell at eachother at screen, they dont take the things said personally. They are just living out roles, creating characters and stories. Yes, peoples feelings got hurt in this situation, but it shouldnt have happened, no matter what was being said. I, the player of Ebberk, wasnt telling the player of Edo that he was doing a bad job, Ebberk was telling Edo he was doing a bad job because he wasnt fitting into Ebberks perfect plan.

I wasn't initially going to a post to this, due to my close involvement in the situation. However, upon reading the posts and following replies I feel that it is now necessary.

First off ... Thank you for your apology Ebberk, it is sincerely accepted.

Second ... I sincerely apologize for my knee-jerk reaction which has caused you to vacate something you enjoyed so much.

Now, perhaps an explination of my "knee-jerk" reaction:

I've only played two MMO's in my lifetime, I've done some minor raiding in both (most of it has been in WoW). In those times, the "raid chat" was there for issuing orders, giving commands, and generally ensuring everything moves as smoothly as possible. All this as a standard was completely OOC, this was the unspoken understanding I approached these things with. Apparently I made a mistake in thinking this on this particular occasion. Since I view the raid channel in this light, I do not use my typical (( )) to designate OOC comments. You can ask Zinthas about me and using the double parentheses, I even do it in that channel which has been stated to me time and again as an OOC channel.

To which:
To the entirity of the Ironsong Tribe, I offer my most heartfelt apology for causing all of you any distress what-so-ever.

Now, on an IC note, most of you have encountered Edonil's rather broad psychological swings (picture a bi-polar on crack). I have been caustic, rude, condecending, arrogant, obnoxious, argumentative and otherwise a royal pain in the arse. This is the character, his personality, derived from his fore-fathers, of which I spent a great deal of time studying. Conflict to Edonil is a game, it always has been, be it verbal or physical. Getting into a vitriolic insult fest is fun and games, heck ask Damoxian about some of our banter and discussions.

Perhaps things have been boiling to a head for some time, perhaps not. I most likely overreacted to an IC comment, that was unclearly IC *to me and me alone*. And as Dispaya has posted, there will undoubtedly be changes coming to ensure the like does not happen again.

Again:

My apologies to Ebberk and all members of The Ironsong Tribe for my instigation of anger, contention and disharmony.
This is why Ironsong is a family and not a guild.
I am pleased to see the reconciliation and the apologies.
Situations like this have the potential to cause a rift in a guild but not a family.

As all of us in real life family matters have experienced that we all have bad days and family members have bad days, and all have our trigger points, and when these trigger points are pulled, we go off. But being in a family we know that often times this one action is not who the person really is, but just the result of a bad day, etc (as I believe this case is). Sure we are mad and bitter about the insult/action for awhile, but in the end we forgive and forget because we are family, and we remember who our MA is.
Vote Akora for MA!