Lament of the Highborne - Movie!
It is totally awesome!
Here's the news from the main WoW page:
Quote:As leader of the last elven defenders of Quel'Thalas, Sylvanas Windrunner suffered a terrible fate: her spirit was ripped from her body and transformed into a banshee. When the Lich King's power faltered, however, she and other undead were freed of Scourge control. She has since reclaimed her body and become queen of these undead rebels, the Forsaken. Although her heart is full of bitterness, she cannot forget the people she once loved....

Watch our new World of Warcraft gameplay video of Sylvanas singing "Lament of the Highborne," a sad, ancient elven song of bravery against overwhelming odds.
You can view more information about it here (as well as download it using the Blizzard Downloader).

To spare folks the trouble of using the Blizzard Downloader, you can acquire the movie from the Ironsong server.

(Keep in mind the format is in DivX)
I wish they would update her to a high/blood elf model.
Neat! Thanks for posting that, Kret!
Lupus Wrote:I wish they would update her to a high/blood elf model.
As someone on the forums explained:

Sylvannas is a High Elf Ranger. She's then killed by Arthas, and brought back as the Banshee Queen. She's then allowed to possess a Night Elf Archer and become a Dark Ranger.
The movie has her as the High Elf Ranger, and the Banshee queen... and in her Dark Ranger form.

And that is why she uses a night elf model. Smile
Kretol Wrote:
Lupus Wrote:I wish they would update her to a high/blood elf model.
As someone on the forums explained:

Sylvannas is a High Elf Ranger. She's then killed by Arthas, and brought back as the Banshee Queen. She's then allowed to possess a Night Elf Archer and become a Dark Ranger.
The movie has her as the High Elf Ranger, and the Banshee queen... and in her Dark Ranger form.

And that is why she uses a night elf model. Smile

That's not quite correct. Unless I'm mistaken, Sylvanas did not possess a night elf ranger, but was able to reclaim her own body awhile after she had been turned into a banshee. She formed the dark rangers after taking up necromancy. So the night elf model doesn't make sense to me either if that's really what happened.
Right, she possessed her Own body, not a night elf.
Leave it to an orc to try and tell Forsaken lore. Wink

I had read the Sylvanas article on WoWWiki and at the time hadn't really fully comprehended the following:
Quote:By the time Arthas had turned most of northern Lordaeron into the Plaguelands, Sylvanas had returned to her body as a corporeal undead creature.HPG 150 When Sylvanas Windrunner, Banshee Queen of the Forsaken, regained her physical body, she realized that the natural world would never respond to her wishes again.
I mistook it to mean she returned to a physical body.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lament of the Highborne 0 610 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: