Lady Shyris Valynna Kael'thalas - Of Blood and Shadow
1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise

Lady Shyris Valynna Kael'thalas.

No earned titles from the Horde.

2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.

Warlock, specializing in the art of Affliction

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.

I am Lady Shyris Kael'thalas, formerly of Quel'thalas, and this is my story.

I am a warlock, a user of the Shadow Arts more than I am a summoner of Demons, however, I struggle daily between the lust for power and the thirst for the Arcane. It is a double-edged sword, what I am, but I try my best to contain it. However, I can only do so much alone and without a mentor or teacher to help me along for the sake of my sanity, but, most of all, my life. I have known very little family since the Third War, and I seek people like me who want to find a measure of peace, and who, like me, struggle to curb that "thirst".

I began to show talent for the Shadow Arts when I was but a child; however, my family, having Highborne roots, frowned upon my actions thinking it unnatural and a path towards my own corruption and, ultimately, destruction. I can't help but imagine how little more correct they could be as I see myself now. Using the Shadow Arts was banned in my family, however, I couldn't help myself at times, and time and time again, I broke that rule. Yet, my family continued to support me even though they could not understand the daily struggle I went through.

This went on for many years until Quel'thalas decided to form an alliance with the Humans. I was still relatively young when the Second War began and the Orcs, with their bloodlust spurred on by the Burning Legion, came to attack my home of Quel'thalas. Though we were ultimately victorious, a lot of my kin died in that battle. Many of Quel'thalas blamed the humans who did not sufficiently provide aid to us in the Second War, and relations with them grew tense. My world began to crumble apart when yet another war, the Third War, arose in which a former paladin by the name Arthas came and all but destroyed Quel'thalas and corrupted the Sunwell that my acestors, the Highborne, had created. With its destruction, my arcane thirst only grew, which, in turn affected my lust for the Shadow Arts. It was nearly unbearable. After Quel'thalas was leveled, I found myself homeless and without a family. I still do not know what happened to them to this day. They could all have died for all I know. I became a drifter then, and was one of the few who rejoined the humans in an effort to claim vengeance against the Scourge, however, the tension between the humans and the High Elves were even more tense, often leading to violent acts, especially after the fall of King Terenas and the alliance began to evaporate altogether. Some after that, I was kidnapped by a group of humans who called themselves the Syndicate. I was taken to Hillsbrad as a prisoner where I became the subject of cruel study, having experiments performed on me and bein forced into performing dark rituals that were considered taboo among my kind. They intentionally fueled my power for lust and tried to quench my arcane thirst until one day, it became too much for them.

An incident occured at their hideout that did substantial damage to the Syndicate, and was at the center of it. I can't remember exactly what had happened, but I can remember that afterward I was surrounded by the dead. I was horrified, but I managed to excape the Syndicate in their turmoil over the incident, and, since then, I have been a drifter, doing everything I can to try and curb my lust and my thirst. By that time, the Third War had ended with the Night Elves defeating Archimond in Kalimdor, and the Alliance reforming with them, while the High Elves formed a seperate group reborn as the Blood Elves who now seek to join with the Horde.

I am a warlock and a Blood Elf, and my struggle is apparent in both ways. All I seek is an end, peace to it all..for my life.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.

I am recently become an Artisan Enchanter, working towards becoming a master. I am also a Jewelcrafter, however, I am still only a novice.

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?

None

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.

I learned about the Ironsong Tribe's great reputation from all around Azeroth really, and I thought perhaps it might be a place I could belong. I thought also that perhaps I might find a mentor who could guide me along the ways without falling like many of The Wretched.

((In reality, my brother is of the Tribe. You might know him as Valtrinity the Shaman. So, most of what I know comes from what he's told me about the Tribe.))

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?

My greatest trial I have ever faced was when the Sunwell was corrupted, making my addiction to the Shadow and the Arcane worse. However, that is a trial I still deal with even today.

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?

My greatest desire is to have a family to belong to again. Aside from that, I desire to learn to curb the tendencies for my power lust and my thirst for arcane magic, but at the same time, learn to harness them to destroy the Legion that is the ultimate cause for the fall of Quel'thalas, my home, my family.

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?

I have little to enjoy as I struggle with my addiction daily, however, I do enjoy being with others who struggle with the same or similar dilemma as I. I enjoy working with them as a team to accomplish similar goals for the betterment of our races.

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.

I, Lady Shyris Valynna Kael'thalas, have read The Ironsong Tribe's Code of Conduct, and I hereby agree to its terms.