KTM Threatmeters --> Omen
To be frank, this is an Ace2 module written to replace KTM, which is apparently a resource-heavy mod made by an author who refuses to play by the same 'rules,' per se, as other mods.

You can check the article explaining the development of Omen here, or the wiki article on wowace here.
If you'd like to just download the mod itself, you can get it here.

From all feedback I've heard, it totally pwns KTM. Wink
In my experience ACE mods 'totally pwn' their non-ACE equivalents in almost all regards.

Not to mention their auto-updater just owns, with a sometimes weekly update released to these mods I can't imagine keeping up with them without this tool.
Hrhm, interesting. Ace + Aceupdater = love.

However I'm guessing it's like KTM in the regard that it takes other people in the raid/party also using it to actually see their threat and know your true placement. Until this becomes more popular and known, it'll be a little useless. While Ace addons are awesome, not seeing the MT on the threat list because he still uses KTM is not. : )

This means, Ironsong, we all change to Omen. k? k.

I guess there's the option of using both at once as well..
Actually, it also takes output sent from KTM as well. It's not quite as accurate with multi-mobs, since KTM only sends total threat, but it's still useful until everyone makes the switch. Wink
Been watching this addon for a few weeks, Mizar mentioned today with the latest update that they fixed the boss issue, will be giving it a try.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Kretol Wrote:Actually, it also takes output sent from KTM as well. It's not quite as accurate with multi-mobs, since KTM only sends total threat, but it's still useful until everyone makes the switch. Wink

Ah, nice! I'll certainly give it a try then.
I give this addon two thumbs up, awesome.
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Okay, giving it a try.
Merrina - Troll Huntress
Dannae - Troll Priestess
Aya'Tor - Orc Warlock
Zyndala - Blood Elf Mage
Zerrah - Forsaken Death Knight
Figured out my problem I was having in Kara with it last night. User error, of course :crazysmile: I like this so much more than KTM
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
Used Omen today in a party with someone using KTM, and we could both see each other's threat. Sadly, I have yet to use Omen in a party with someone else using Omen.
...so where do I go to get updates on this? *blush*
Merrina - Troll Huntress
Dannae - Troll Priestess
Aya'Tor - Orc Warlock
Zyndala - Blood Elf Mage
Zerrah - Forsaken Death Knight
I have a noob question..

I love Omen but am a little confused in regards to something about it. When in a fight of multiple mobs, it seems to randomly change targets during the battle. I think it’s normal - but what factors go into deciding which target's aggro threshold is shown to me? It can't be what I'm currently targeting.. When healing I’m selected on party members 98% of the time. Is it showing me what mob I have the most aggro with then? Or what mob the party is choosing to most actively engage? I think this question makes sense.. I'm still a little thrown off by not seeing the overall agro of the group of mobs and am trying to get used to the single target aggro which is shown to me. I’m not sure how important it is to know the answer to this question, but I’m curious how it works nonetheless.
From what I saw, I think its showing you aggro for the target of your target, so if you're healing the tank, and he switches or clears his target, omen will switch as well.

If no target it shown, you get the "global" aggro list. Which is from all the stuff you do that doesn't require a target and won't show who you're gaining threat on in the combat log. The big one here is healing, but it also affects things like gaining rage/mana/energy or fade.

Oh, and there is a program that automatically updates all wowace files here. As usual, be cautious with any executable file, but I haven't had a trojan installed on my computer... yet.
As an enhancement shaman notorious for jumping up aggro and splatting, I'd really appreciate tanks getting Omen. KTM only shows total threat, whereas if the tank and I are using Omen, it'll reset when we both switch targets, allowing me to make an accurate estimate of what my threat on the new target is.

It is, in every way I can find, superior to KTM.
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
You hear that Efluvious? This means you!