Ironsong Tribe Fitness Challenge
Hey folks!

So I went to my doctor for a checkup, and we agreed that it's time for me to lose some weight. I don't know if any of the rest of you are interested in trying to do the same, but the time has come for me to really take it seriously and make it happen.

So that said, I'm going to be posting my weekly weight loss here. If any of the rest of you would like to play along at home, please feel free to do so.

I'm starting at 272 lbs. I'm a big guy, clearly. I'm tall, so that weight is pretty evenly dispersed, so I've been able to fool myself into thinking that I've been okay with this for a long time now.

So each week, I'm going to ring in with the number of pounds I've lost. Feel free to do the same! No need to discuss your starting weight, or your goals, or anything at all if you don't want to. But it might be nice to do this as a group. Maybe this is the push you've been waiting for?

-Sreng
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
Maybe this is the push I need...
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
But a lady never says her weight!

I started at 195 and have dropped to 188 over the course of a few weeks. I would've lost more, but I've been majorly slacking the last week and a half or so. Need to refocus!
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Very cool my friend !! I wish you the best of luck in your challenge and also wish you the best of health.

I have always been slightly under-weight and don't have that problem, but there are always other things to work on.
I just found this. Forgot I posted it. Feeling terrible about it. But then, I have lost 45 lbs since the time of posting, so I don't feel THAT terrible.
Thats awesome to hear, Srengers! Keep it up!
Finally found a program I can work with:

www.nerdfitness.com

They use references to nerd-like things (Like video games and Star Wars) and the more weight you lose, the faster you level up! It's also a strong supporter of the Paleo diet which I've been interested in in the past since I hate counting calories.

I will be getting some dumbbells and resistance bands and seeing how well I do. So far the guides have been worth the money and encourage you to take things one step at a time. It will be hard to give up the processed foods I like (I will still have *some* but nothing terrible) and I look forward to the change.

I am also starting Taekwondo lessons, so I hope to be a totally different (but better) person by next year!

Also: They have a six week challenge. This works by you picking a "Main Quest". Your ultimate goal after six weeks. Then, you can have three "Side Quests" that help you get closer to your Main quest goal. What is even more awesome about this? You can join a guild that fits your workout style. Warriors, Monks, Druids, Assassins, Scouts, Rangers and Adventurers (good for people new to the site). You place this guild tag in your forum signature and post in their forum throughout the six weeks to track what you're doing.

The next Challenge is Nov. 11th - Dec 22nd and I will be doing it. I encourage anyone who wants to do it as well to make an account on the Nerd Fitness web site.. You don't have to pay anything, just make an account and start posting on their forum. Find a guild that has similar goals as you and kick butt!
Outstanding, Melikar! Good luck!

I have some experience with the paleo lifestyle; it's what started me on this whole journey. If you're interested, I'd definitely recommend Mark Sisson's The Primal Blueprint.

I've been using P90X to awesome results, but the intensity of those workouts doesn't really work well with the paleo diet; I find that I need more complex carbohydrates in order to finish my workout strong. I've added in brown rice, oatmeal, and some beans, which most paleo routines disdain. Of course, your mileage may vary.

The important thing is doing something! Good on ya!!
Here's the problem. I can't cut out every grain in my diet. I just ate oatmeal this morning and I still eat bread (whole wheat, low-cal and high in fiber only).

I'm very picky with my vegetables and have a hard time eating them as is. But I've been eating only lean meat and salads for the most part. So I hope I lose weight by at least keeping my carbs in check.
Keep it up!