Ironsong Tribe 25-man Raid Loot Rules
We use a weighted roll system. The details are:

1. For every raid you attend, you get 10 points added to your weighted roll up to a maximum of 90. For example, your weight is 10, so you roll a 11-100. If your weight is 90, you would roll 91-100. If you fail to make the correct roll and win an item, you will be asked to roll again.
2. If you show up for a raid but it is full and you don't make it in, you get 5 points added to your roll. For example, your current weight is 15, so you would roll 16-100.
3. Weighted rolls must be used for on-spec items. Once you win an on-spec item, your roll is reduced by 30 for items of level 213 or below. Of couse, if your roll is 30 or below, it goes to zero. For items higher than 213, the roll is reset to zero.
4. In general, you are limited to one on-spec item per raid.
5. If the item is not wanted by anyone on-spec, then, it is available for off-spec rolls and rolls by people who have won previous on-spec loot during that raid. The raid leader/master looter will call for rolls. If you want the item off-spec, roll 1-1. If you have already won a previous item on-spec, and the current item is also on-spec for you, roll 2-2. One goal is to gear our raid to make progress. Thus, on-spec rolls will always take precedence over off-spec rolls. The raid leader/master looter will then do the roll-off to determine the winner.
6. If you win an item off-spec, then, you will not consume your weight and are still eligible for on-spec rolls, but you will forfeit your weight increment for that week. Here is an example. You start the raid with a weight of 50. You win an off-spec item, and thus, forfeit your increment. Thus, the next week your roll would stay at 50. Another example, still with a weight of 50, you win an off-spec. Later in the same raid, you roll 51-100 on an on-spec item and win it. Your roll then resets to 0 because of the on-spec win.
7. Recipes will be rolled 1-100.
8. All material from disenchanting loot belongs to the raid and will be stored in the officer's tab of the IST bank. If you need material for an enchant, contact the raid leader or Dispaya.
9. Some items are BOE. This items are not eligible for off-spec rolls, but will be looted by the loot master and placed in the officer's tab of the IST bank. The intent is to use these items to gear up absent raid members.
10. Current rolls will be maintained here on this website. YOU are also responsible for keeping track of your own roll and should discuss any discrepancies with the raid leader or master looter in whispers. YOU are responsible for knowing the loot rules.
11. Any keys dropped by Sapphiron will be assigned to individuals by the raid leader with the purpose of giving leadership the ability to organize Eye of Eternity raids, and to reward regular raid attendees. Pieces of the Ulduar legendary mace will be looted to Nadilynn as determined in a roll-off by the raid's regular healers.
12. Priority for ranged weapons for ranged classes, and for melee weapons for melee classes.
13. Definitions of On-spec and Off-spec: On-spec is determined by your preferred, primary spec. However, for those who often dual spec for the raid, we want to make some accomodation. Thus, you may use your weighted roll for any spec that you use during a given raid. You may only use your weighted roll, however, on ONE spec. Everything else will be off-spec. For example, you are dual spec in tank and dps. You may roll on either tanking or dps gear on-spec, but not both for a given raid. But you must have used or will use the spec that you are rolling on during the raid. In general, a class' primary armor type is considered on-spec, i.e. leather for druids, mail for shaman, etc... If you would like to go on-spec for another armor type, i.e. cloth for a druid, then, you can negotiate that with the raid leader. That means, however, that you will be off-spec for your original armor type.
14. Alts can use their weighted roll for their primary spec if they have been asked to fill a specific role in the raid. Otherwise, Alts can only roll on items that would be disenchanted otherwise.
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
Excellent!

But I do have one question regarding point number 6...

EXAMPLE: If Player A has a weighted roll of 51-100, and rolls on an off-spec item and wins it, and then later in the raid an on-spec item drops, are we saying that Player A would then need to roll 1-100 instead of his/her weighted roll?
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
I made an edit to explain that point, Krell.

Basically, you keep your on-spec weight. It just does not get incremented by 10 that week.

-Jaba
Sounds good to me, thanks Jaba. Actually, after thinking about it for a moment I really like this idea.
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
Not that this folder gets much traffic, but you may want to sticky this thread.
-Dentik
I'm unclear about BOEs. Can a present member take them for on-spec? I assume so but like I said, it's unclear.
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Yes, a present member can take a BOE on-spec. Of course, the assumption is that they will actually use it. I just thought these BOE's could be better used elsewhere, rather than off-spec. This may need to change once dual specs come out.

-Jaba
*raises hand* Just a question...at this point in time, our Heroic Naxxramas runs are going across two nights, Fridays and Mondays. Assuming we are going to progress Monday night, would these rules still apply, or would they essentially be reset on the Monday? Are there tweaks to the rules if you attend the Monday night and not the Friday or vice versa?

Just curious...Thanks!
Rules would reset on Monday night, but rolls would carry over. Thus, if you win an item on Friday, you are eligible to win an item on Monday. There is just one set of rolls for the Friday/Monday raids.

If you get waitlisted on either night, you will get +5 added to your rolls. This requires you to be present at raid time.
jabadue Wrote:Rules would reset on Monday night, but rolls would carry over. Thus, if you win an item on Friday, you are eligible to win an item on Monday. There is just one set of rolls for the Friday/Monday raids.

If you get waitlisted on either night, you will get +5 added to your rolls. This requires you to be present at raid time.

Hmmm...let see if I can put this in words I can better understand....if you participate on a friday and dont win anything you would get +10 to your roll....and if you participate on the monday as well, you wouldnt recieve any additional points? Or if we participate on both evenings and dont win anything we can get a total of +20 points?

But if you use your weighted roll on a Friday and win something, then that would reset your roll to 1-100, but you can still roll a 1-100 on the monday for an additional item?

Is that what you were thinking?
I was thinking you would get a +10 to your roll for every raid you attended. So if you came Friday and Monday and won nothing on either night, you would get +20 to your roll.

-Jaba
Thank you!
DKP FTW.

Don't like it, but understand that it's necessary.
Don't confuse people, now. Wink I think Kosath would respec to Fury before we ever instituted a DKP system.
Kretol Wrote:I think Kosath would respec to Fury before we ever instituted a DKP system.

Bingo. That's a very long discussion we're better off not having again. Suffice it to say, rolling good, DKP bad.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."