Ironsong Family Moot number 4!
We've officially scheduled this year's Ironsong Family Moot for the weekend of June 12 & 13.

Explanation for the new people and the slow group!

This is a summer gathering at the shared home of Daichallar, Fleethoof, and myself, in the woods up here in Vermont. It's been called the "Vermoot" colloquially by people who want to get on my nerves, and it's an absolute blast.

What do we do?

We hang out, share stories, play board games, go swimming at the river, eat a ton of great food, share some drinks, and otherwise enjoy each others' company!

Where do we stay?

My house is in Moretown, VT. Accommodation is camping because our house is small and filled with children. A limited supply of tents are available, but these are on a first-come-first-served basis, so let me know if you need one. For those requiring a bed and a room, there are a few hotel options reasonably nearby.

How much does it cost?

Watch this space. In years past, we've asked for a fairly modest donation, usually around $20, to help us defray the cost of food, tiki oil, porta-potty, ice, and booze. We're working on the budget and will have the suggested donation listed soon.

Wait, booze?

Yeah! We usually have a communal keg of Vermont's very own Long Trail Ale on tap, and a lot of folks have brought their own favorite libation in the past. Anyone of legal age is welcome to imbibe, with the understanding that it be done responsibly. After all, there are kids around.

Kids?

We've got our own little zerglings running about underfoot, and if you like, you're welcome to bring yours too!

Sounds like a blast! How do I get involved?

If you're planning on coming, or tentatively think you'd like to, drop me a line here and we'll add your name to the list. We ask that everyone RSVP (this is your invitation) so we can get an accurate census and meet everyone's needs. Check the comment immediately following this for a list of everyone who'll be in attendance.

See you at the Moot!

-Sreng
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
List of Attendees (as of 3/18/2010):

Confirmed:
Daichallar
Dentik
Fleethoof
Sreng
Vosiri

Tentative:
Axulia
Kretol
Melikar
Lailya
I intend to make it this year, and will start looking around for deals on airfare and whatnot! Not sure what I'll be doing for accommodations this time around. Possibly hotel, possibly camping again; stay tuned!
Depending on what my class schedule looks like next term, I might be able to go. After all, I've stocked up a decent amount of federal aid back-checks for terms my aid was still pending... so, yeah. All depends on how long it'd take to get there and back.

Also, I might be able to get the family to loan me some of their tents for the duration. Might be able to drag Krayus/Kisokutsuchi/Cernwennan along, too.

(I just hope I'm posting this in the right place. @-@ )
Hmm, I'm still debating on going this year. June!? That early? Dang.

I'll see if I can.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
*pokes Melikar*

ROAD TRIP! Big Grin

All us Oregonian peoples can go together! XD
Aye, we moved it from August to June for a number of reasons. Dai and I have a lot of events to attend in August this year, including an annual family reunion that we've blown off for four consecutive years... we're starting to get the hairy eyeball from our cousins. Also, it was to accommodate Dentik's lady Rachel; she'll be nine months pregnant in August. June will be much more comfortable for her, and we'd be less likely to have to deliver another baby at my house. Smile
Put me down for tentative, Boss. I'll be done for the semester in early May, but I haven't secured a summer job yet, and if I manage to land one I might not be able to attend. Still, I'll do my damnedest to make things work! (And if I have to bum a ride from the other Boston members, I will. Luckily it's not too bad getting from the Cape to the Boston, even in summer.)
[Image: 2627648EgUWn.png]

[Image: 2627663SOPQY.png]
Put me down as a definate. Rachel's on the fence about it right now, but I'll keep you posted. I'd like to reserve a tent too if that's alright.
-Dentik
Alright, I'm going to put myself down as tentative. Gonna look at my money situation and see if I can afford hotel this year.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Oh, sure, plan this all of 5 days BEFORE my birthday!
BUT OF COURSE.

(Will there be cake, to celebrate the birth of Thanny while we're there? :o )
Hey everybody! Axulia's making cake!
I will be there, Orenthas mentioned he was planning to be there, not sure if he checked the date yet though. I will try to drag Baelfire along, and Lailya you are more than welcome to commute with us.

This year I figured I would help with some food. I could do a lunch with mac and cheese and ribs. If you could budget for any additional foods for that meal that would be helpful Sreng. (some people like vegetables for some reason and I'm not a pro with collard greens. Smile)
-Donalzon

“He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dead fray.”

Homer, The Iliad
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

When in that previous post of mine did I say that I'd be MAKING the cake? I can't make cake! The best I can do is BUY cake!

My cake is a lie! D:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Argent Tournament comes to the Ironsong Family Moot Sreng 1 1,654 05-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Sreng
  Official Ironsong Family Moot 2009 Announced! Sreng 29 11,870 04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Guest
  Ironsong's 4th Anniversary Moot Dispaya 1 1,807 12-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Dispaya
  Ironsong Family Moot: Countdown to Awesome! Sreng 1 1,796 08-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Sreng
  Ironsong Family Moot 2008 announced! Sreng 5 3,064 04-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Eveline