Innnnnnnteresting.
Hrhm.... A blue posted this to the forms yesterday.

Quote: * Update from the Front Lines | 04/02/2007 01:25:28 PM PDT

Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of posts about the same subjects – subjects that have been addressed in an upcoming patch – so I wanted to let you guys know where things stood.

The Rogue Situation:

We’ve done a tuning pass of many of our dungeons/bosses/encounters to ensure that nothing overly punishing occurs to “melee DPS’ that would lead people to favor ranged DPS over Rogues/DPS Warriors etc.

Also, we’ve changed the NPC cleave mechanic so that it’s now a frontal cone ability rather than a 360 degree chain attack. Sweeping Strikes has been removed from all Burning Crusade NPC’s.
We’re also reducing the Glancing Blow damage penalty for creatures 1-3 levels higher than the player. This will have a significant effect on melee DPS as it relates to endgame melee dps. More details on this at a later time.

End Game Itemization:

As we’ve stated before, we made a lot of improvements to endgame gear progression. To put it in perspective, take a look at this Warrior Tanking Breastplate from before and after.

Destroyer Chestguard – Currently
+24 Strength
+22 Agility
+39 Stamina
Blue Socket
Yellow Socket
Red Socket
Socket Bonus +6 Stamina
Equip: Increases Defense Rating by 23
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 16
Equip: Improves hit rating by 18

Destroyer Chestguard – Patch 2.1.0
+21 Strength
+22 Agility
+51 Stamina
Blue Socket
Yellow Socket
Red Socket
Socket Bonus +6 Stamina
Equip: Increases Defense Rating by 23
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 20
Equip: Improved hit rating by 20

”Trash” Concerns:

Equally interesting yet non-epic-dropping non-bosses (or “Trash” as he community likes to call it) has been of concern lately on these forums. In all of our 25 person raid zones we’ve made a number of bug fixes and tuning adjustments. For example, the trash should be significantly easier to clear in most cases – and take less time. Also, we’ve lengthened the time between respawn on a lot of the trash. Yes, trash will respawn in some cases. It’s a pacing mechanic and one that works well when tuned correctly. For example, the trash before the Prophet Skeram or the trash before Attumen the Huntsmen or the Maiden of Virtue works well. You get a couple of tries on the boss, and if you fail, you spend a short time re-clearing. Yes, there are cases of the trash respawning too fast or the trash being too difficult or too lengthy. Those are the cases we hope to fix. We’ve also fixed some bugs that were allowing the trash to respawn after the boss for a certain area was dead.

Consumables:

We’re making substantial changes to the way certain consumables work . In particular, Flasks and Elixirs are going to undergo major changes. More information will be available later on. We want Flasks and Elixirs to be a part of the game. We want alchemy to be a cool, needed profession. But we want to remove the tedium and cost from the massive consumable farming that’s going on for endgame raiding. We’ll provide more information soon – but for now, expect big changes to Flasks and Elixirs.

Boss Tuning:

We’re looking at the boss tuning from dungeons to heroics to raids. Your feedback is being listened to.

To Summarize:

We’re making big improvements to the game. Whenever possible, we hotfix changes to get them to you as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, there are many changes that require a patch and cannot be hotfixed. Many of these changes are coming in Patch 2.1.0. The patch will be on PTR’s in the upcoming weeks. You’ll be able to see them there and try them out for yourselves. You’ll also be able to test Black Temple. We’re also looking into ways of making Hyjal accessible on the PTR as well to get more testing on that zone.

I can assure you that we’re aware of the issues you guys are discussing on the boards and we’re listening closely. We’re also dedicated fans of the game ourselves. We play it every day =D We will affect change as quickly as we can. Patch 2.1.0 will be on the PTR soon enough and you’ll all have the opportunity to comment and make suggestions on the changes.

Source: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=89378961&postId=893509173&sid=1">http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9173&sid=1</a><!-- m -->

<ponders>
Sounds good, since Entourage of the Champion only has one ranged DPS as of now...as far as the rest of the stuff, who knows what blizz really means by "changing" stuff.
Only three months too late, brilliant Blizzard.
Anathamon Wrote:Only three months too late, brilliant Blizzard.

Cry moar. Blizzard is still learning how to run an MMORPG successfully and effectively. There's been NO MMO like this, ever. The numbers are titanic, and they are vastly underprepared. Cut them some slack.
We don't do cry more on this forum, even in jest.
Tadakatsu Wrote:
Anathamon Wrote:Only three months too late, brilliant Blizzard.

Cry moar. Blizzard is still learning how to run an MMORPG successfully and effectively. There's been NO MMO like this, ever. The numbers are titanic, and they are vastly underprepared. Cut them some slack.

Anathamon is just as much entitled to his own opinion as you are, Tadakatsu.
I'd rather not lock this thread. Play nicer.
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
I think these changes will be very exciting and mean good things for the melee DPS crowd ! Smile

Plus we might get to see Sound as something other than a tree Wink Tongue
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Quote:You’ll also be able to test Black Temple. We’re also looking into ways of making Hyjal accessible on the PTR as well to get more testing on that zone.

Oooooo.... *is an exploration junkie*
Cloudjumper Wrote:Plus we might get to see Sound as something other than a tree Wink Tongue

<blink> Wha..? I think I missed something. :">
Sound Wrote:<blink> Wha..? I think I missed something. :">

He's talking about the melee Moonkin Druid build for you.

...Naw, he means we might see you as a cat or a bear for DPS.

But he forgets one thing, Sound is a Healing junkie! <3
Oh I love the Sound healing, she kept me alive last night in Slavepens. Smile
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)