I am sad but have a proposal.
Yes, I am sad. I am sad that I joined WoW so late as to miss the growth and development of the Tribe and the characters as individuals. I am sad that I did not immediately choose a Horde character on Silver Hand to join you in August rather than October and grow with you. I am sad that I never raided with you and I am upset with Blizzard for TBC and making the classic raids and endgame instances obsolete. However, I am going to 'give' you something as a thank-you for what you've given me thus far.

Willexis just got her Naxxramaas attunement today and I know that the Tribe has never done a Naxx raid as you have all the others, so I am encouraging everyone to get Naxx attunement if you haven't already and run it after all the other raids are done. I know Black Temple is almost ready and Mount Hyjal is still in the pipe so Naxx will still be an option. I hope you all, particularly Tae, think this over and work towards it. My raiding community still does Naxx even with 70s and it is a challenge, plus the armor sets are quite good even by TBC standards.

Best wishes to the Tribe,
Shealtiel Firefox.

P.S. I wanna see Kel'Thuzad get pwned!
(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Zhebra, 70 Troll mage
Polled, 70 Tauren huntress
Diljabar, 38 Orc warlock… reincarnated…
OOC: I would be up for this. Anyone know how to do this attunement or have an interest?
It's quite a simple attunement.

First you must be honored with Argent Dawn. Go to Archmage Angela Desantos (sp) at Light's Hope Chapel and she will give you the quest 'The Dread Citadel- Naxxramaas'. At honored rep the cost for attunement (which thanks to Outland cash I got) Is 60 gold, 2 Nexus Crystals, 5 Arcane Crystals and the almighty Righteous Orb. At revered rep it's 30 gold, 1 Nexus Crystal, and 2 Arcane Crystals. And, halleluia, at Exalted rep it is free!!!!!

Seriously, it's that easy.
(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Zhebra, 70 Troll mage
((OOC and bumping this up)) Anyone else interested in this idea? Sounds like it would be fun and different. I will spend the time to get the rep with Argent Dawn if there is interest.
I agree that going to Naxx. for content (seeing Kel'thuzad, and such) would be very cool, but if you are going to try this for gear, I would recommend not doing so. The attunement costs time and/or money, however small, adds up with 40 people, and getting enough people will be difficult with teams already raiding in Kharazan and preparing for Gruul's Lair. The gear is a side grade to what most have now from the new content, and speaking of new content, there is still lots to do! As for me, I could easily get my attunement, but I won't.
Post Script: We are not a raiding guild and do not rely on raiding to stick together. We are here as friends to enjoy the game! So do what you wish, if Naxx is on your agenda (though I can hear Kosath groaning now from going to this place) go for it! As for me, I will be going to the places where you must know your class well, and be paying attention, not in 40-man-raiding also known as 5-people-play-their-class-the-rest-dps places. =\
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
I have always been interested in this. I dont know about my time, but ginerly count me in. Im already attuned. It would also be nice to do somthing as a full guild again, since we seem a bit fractured with Karazhan and such.
Efluvious Wrote:I agree that going to Naxx. for content (seeing Kel'thuzad, and such) would be very cool, but if you are going to try this for gear, I would recommend not doing so. The attunement costs time and/or money, however small, adds up with 40 people, and getting enough people will be difficult with teams already raiding in Kharazan and preparing for Gruul's Lair. The gear is a side grade to what most have now from the new content, and speaking of new content, there is still lots to do! As for me, I could easily get my attunement, but I won't.
Post Script: We are not a raiding guild and do not rely on raiding to stick together. We are here as friends to enjoy the game! So do what you wish, if Naxx is on your agenda (though I can hear Kosath groaning now from going to this place) go for it! As for me, I will be going to the places where you must know your class well, and be paying attention, not in 40-man-raiding also known as 5-people-play-their-class-the-rest-dps places. =\

I must beg to differ for some points to this, true Ironsong is not a raiding guild...but did we not have a weekly agenda for 40 man raids that were very very rarely cancelled due to attendance?

Every week we did Molten Core twice...and Onyxia every sunday....this is something that brought us together as a "family" if you will....we had alot of fun during those times.

Since Burning crusade is out it is understandable that the leaders of the guild have cancelled raiding for now...but alas there are many people that are missing the old content and taking in the new....Already Ironsong has a raiding group for Kharazan, which from my lack of knowledge is the first place in BC that requires Attunement to enter....which I think in my opinion is a little rushed for a "non-raiding" guild.

People are free to choose what they want to do...but fundementally people are skipping content of the game and are obsessed with better items, weapons, recipes and such....Ironsong is loosing sight of our values and needs to focus less on high end content and needs to focus more on experiencing what the world of Azeroth has to offer...We pretty much mastered Molten core....what about Blackwing Lair? We havent even started that one....after that there is Naxx.....why are we skipping things?

Well thats just my two cents on the subject...ignore it if you will.....
Also there is AQ40, I know we did a bunch of AQ20 runs, but there larger group events we didn't do a lot of.

It might also be good to go back and work on some of the other content to get our group strategies down in a relatively safe environment. I know I have rarely don't anything more than duos since getting to Outlands, and doing some group instance runs and some raids would be helpful in getting strategies worked out.

I love the great gear I am getting in Outlands, but I am missing my guildmates.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
On that subject, on I am going to try to focus more on Zeb'ra and less on other characters in the near future. I want to get Zeb into Outland but want to do the old instances (I've never killed Balnazzar, Baron, Drakkisath, and Thaurissan, and hardly done anything in Scholo) and (a weird goal) get the Magister set for fun. Hopefully I can get my AD rep up high enough to lower the price of Naxx attunement and grind that Ony attunement till my head hurts. I wanna do raids from Azeroth. To heck with the gear, I want the content, experience, and a closer connection to my 'new' guildmates.
(\__/)
(O.o )

Zhebra, 70 Troll mage
Mokimi Wrote:Already Ironsong has a raiding group for Kharazan, which from my lack of knowledge is the first place in BC that requires Attunement to enter....which I think in my opinion is a little rushed for a "non-raiding" guild.

Please note that this group, while composed mostly of Ironsong members, is not "Ironsong's raiding group." It is a group of us who want to raid on our own, progress at our own pace, and do things our way. Guild leaders did not set it up and the guild is not backing us.

If you can get the people to do Naxx and AQ40 then by all means stop talking about it and do it. Don't sit around waiting for guild leaders to plan raids for you - take things in hand for yourself and make it happen.

(( This last bit was not in response to Mokimi's post, but this topic in general ))
Anathamon Wrote:If you can get the people to do Naxx and AQ40 then by all means stop talking about it and do it. Don't sit around waiting for guild leaders to plan raids for you - take things in hand for yourself and make it happen.

(( This last bit was not in response to Mokimi's post, but this topic in general ))

I do apologize for my lack of knowledge about the raid you are running Anathamon.

As for the last part I just want to say that there are those that want to experience the game but do not have the skills/know how of the game like others do.

Its hard to set up a raid without the extensive and detailed knowledge of the instance which some people dont have the time to research and then set up a raid.

I agree if you want to raid....do it....but you need to realize that far too many people would not join because you dont know anything about the instance you want to go into...There are alot of people that are just TOO hardcore to join a casual raid...

Anyways...that was WAY off topic....again I apologize Anathamon for my comments I misinterpreted the reason/existance of your raid group.
I don't think there is anything to apologize about Mokimi (Anathamon comes off gruff sometimes), you didn't know what the situation is with all of the Kharazan groups that are forming (which I might as well explain so the general population can understand the situation).
Kharazan is at a level of difficulty that demands certain group compositions, which can be switched around some as long as the abilities required are present. The problem lies in the fact that it is a 10-man raid along with that difficulty. Everyone has a job for each fight, even the dps warrior/rogue (not just dps) as any who have gone can testify. That being the case, the fights have to be learned and practiced, hence the set teams, so everyone learns their part. And this isn't just on the bosses, but the trash mobs as well. Hence the set teams.
Most if not all of us go for the experience and to be with friends. I personally go raiding for my friends and to fully play one aspect of my class. This doesn't mean that those who cannot come with us are not my friends as well. I love the Ironsong Tribe! Oh, and as a note, our team name Team Smash and Grab is actually some of Anathamon's biting sarcasm. Don't take it at face value please. It was formulated as a joke that persisted into reality. Tongue

~Virgil~
Well you once brushed off Naxx as a gear-only thing (see above post) but your reasons are my reasons. It's just fun!
(\__/)
(O.o )

Zhebra, 70 Troll mage
Efluvious Wrote:I agree that going to Naxx. for content (seeing Kel'thuzad, and such) would be very cool, but if you are going to try this for gear, I would recommend not doing so....
...As for me, I could easily get my attunement, but I won't....
...I will be going to the places where you must know your class well, and be paying attention, not in 40-man-raiding also known as 5-people-play-their-class-the-rest-dps places. =\

I did not dismiss this for gear as you can see above, I am dismissing this because I am tired of doing nothing in raids besides dps. I do not like 40-man raids. I LIKE learning the ins and outs of my classes.
This is, again, my own opinion. If you really are serious about it, talk to Kretol and get a sticky for Naxx so you can organize it. Not only will you be doing something you want to do, you will be learning some valueable skills in organization and management. Go for it!

~Virgil~