Holy Priests will MEND faces in PvP!
<giggles> Sorry, inside joke for priests (meltie vs mendie)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-priest&T=648886&P=1">http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 648886&P=1</a><!-- m -->

The new talents are up, and I approve whole-heartedly. I am THRILLED that the feared nerfs to shadow did not happen (Hey, I have a shadow priest, too)

They also fixed certain things: PW:S no longer has a 30sec. debuff, it is now 15 sec. all around, and improved PW:S (in Disc) increases the amount absorbed.

For Tae, Flu, and Dannae, they barely touched Shadow, it's still beautiful. You got a few improvements and some of your talents were reduced in point-cost. Overall, I saw no nerfs and several buffs. (edited to add: They made it to where you are able to INCREASE Vamp. Embrace from 20 - 30% damage -> heal ratio. I am very pleased with this!)

For ND, Galven, and 'Beth, they've made Disc priests a dream! Your 31 point talent is now absolutely amazing, and you recieve a group version of Divine Spirit. (edit: that is to say that, Divine Spirit is no longer the 31 point disc talent! It's been moved to a lower-point teir!) There have been insane changes in your tree that make you now, even more desirable as a healing spec. ..the new 31 point talent has me wondering if I may not respec to disc...useful not only for healing classes, but also for damaging casters.

For me, the holy tree has become a dream come true for those who simply want to heal... Our new 31 point talent will allow me to heal non-tanks without healing them directly, by placing a "lightwell" at my feet to heal for 1600 points for 5 charges. They have also changed my "Oh look, Zema died"-Angel to make it where I have the ability to CONTINUE healing any target I choose for 10 seconds after I die for "free" (ie: no mana). It is now /scary/ (instead of important) to kill the priest first in PvP Wink

Rar!

Edited again to add:

I'm thrilled to absolute pieces to see that there are now three -distinct- trees for Priests (instead of Disc/Holy, Holy/Disc, Shadow). One that is complete utility/mana regen/mana pool increase ... One that is complete +healing .. and one that is complete +damage. This gives us all even more options to play with, more things to do, and (hopefully) more leeway in raids as to WHAT we can do to help.
And, for those of you interested in running the new talent calculator, you can find it here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priests2/talents.html">http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... lents.html</a><!-- m -->

(for saving your new talent spec, make sure you attatch a "2" after "priests"..example: (my attempt at playing with the calculator 19/31/0)

it gets saved as:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/">http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/</a><!-- m -->priests/talents.html?50523013000000023005113230015510000000000000000

Put a 2 to save it for the new spec:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priests">http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priests</a><!-- m -->2/talents.html?50523013000000023005113230015510000000000000000
Yay! Your enthusiasm fills me with glee, Squeaker.

Hmm.... it looks like holy priests are a bit more viable for soloing now! Avoiding interruption (Healing Focus) is a very nice thing to have and much needed for priests. I have the druid equivalent on my alt and think it's the single most useful talent in restoration. But the talents that help ward against spell and physical damage is awesome too. <3 priests!

Discipline just looks like it rocks, I have a dwarf who I'm molding to be Discipline that I haven't touched for a few months, he might get the dust off and taken around the block a few times after this!

Shadow priests.... yikes! *runs away*
-Dentik
Mmmm, healing well, yummy

Boo, I wanted to be able to outdamage a shadow priest, I guess ill have to keep waiting. : (
Solving the worlds fresh water crisis, one frost-bolt at a time.
Quote:Hmm.... it looks like holy priests are a bit more viable for soloing now!

(( This is actually the first time I've been excited about priests in a LONG time. That's not to say that I don't enjoy going with the tribe, and I actually /do/ enjoy raiding on occassion....but I haven't been bouncing in my chair about Zema since .. forever.

I am absolutely exstatic about the way things look...the thought that I MAY actually, accidentally be able to solo non-greys again blows me away. I dislike grinding/farming, but sometimes it's necessary (especially if I eventually want my wolf..which I DO)...and this makes me think that I will NOT have to respec away from my RP to accomplish that.

So.. um.. yes, I'm thrilled.

And, Tov, you can blow me up any day you want. Just expect me to smite you back Wink

-poZema))
OOC:

Well, some feedback I've got:

1) Inner Fire. Ugh. Sure, it's longer, it's stronger, but this 20 hit buisness? No thank you.
Holy fire was already in a lesser form since they disabled the cast on others feature of it way back and never really adjusted it after. This issue of '20 hits' is an unnecessary limitation.

2) Mental strength. Now they've made it one of those abilities that you need to go deep into Disc before you can get it. Therefore any primary Holy or Shadow loose the benefit of 10%+ mana. That's not fun.

3) Improved VE: Neat idea. Nice little tweak for sure.

4) Shadow weaving: Droping it a tier really helps, as it means less tallents you have to put points into Tier 1 or 2 talents just because you're trying to avoid shadow reach/improved fade.

5) Lightwell: Really neat concept. Needs some tweaking though. The cooldown is too long, and the healing needs to be better than a bandage to make it worth taking the 31 point talent.

6) Spirit of Redemption: I like the idea, but I'm not sure how well this will work. We'll have to see.

I like where they're going, but it definately needs more work. I highly suggest any of the priests here participate in the WoW priest forums to give much needed feedback to this patch concept.
Neriath: Holy Fire = Inner Fire? <confused>

Quote:I like where they're going, but it definately needs more work. I highly suggest any of the priests here participate in the WoW priest forums to give much needed feedback to this patch concept.

I fully intend to spend a LARGE amount of time on the test servers, even if it means I have to tolerate pickup groups and such to test, learn, and work through things...not to mention that I'll be spending a great deal of time on the PTR forums, trying to help get bugs ironed out, etc. This patch is very near and dear to my heart (go figure). I don't think priests ought to be over-powered, but it /would/ be nice to be feared instead of laughed at. <giggles>
Ah, er, yes. Holy Fire = Inner Fire.
I've shamed the Priests now...time to do whatever it is that people who do shaming do. Something with fingernail cutting? I can't remember.

The real shame to all of this though is the reaction from other classes. Expected, definately. Mature? No, not really. Priests need this so they can be what they've always been sported to be, the main healer. We get some major revisions, and instead of people looking at the bigger picture, they see the difference between then and now. Instead of, "Wow, things were rough for you back then!", they call out "overpowered" and "Nerf!"
And there they are, trolling and trying to crash servers over it.

*sigh*
Quote:time to do whatever it is that people who do shaming do. Something with fingernail cutting?

GAK! No, I was asking for clarification...it's what I /thought/ you meant, but I didn't know!

...as for everyone else's response... yeah, it's sad to see so many of every class trolling the priest forums giving us grief... I am, however, relieved and pleased to see and hear joyful congratulations for a non-nerfing review from the Tribe.

Thank you all (and I'm sure this is from ALL of the Ironsong Priests) for your support!
Oh noes! Priests r ruined!

Now I have to decide if Flu will stay shadow (probably) or use a mix of talents to become a priest/mage... Where's the test server?!
This world is not a world worth living in without a Shadow Efluvia.

~*~* Efluvia! Bright and shining Queen of Conviviality! *~*~

It has less marketing potential.
Besides, Flu needs to stay Shadow in case I need to use the new talent trees to become Confessor Shillatae once I reach Exalted with the Zandalar and have my full ZG set (even if I only wear all 5 together ceremonially, I can get the useful bonuses from the neck, shoulders, and trinket). RP wise based on the set bonuses it gives I'd need to tri spec but I'd probably simplify it to compromise utility into Disc/Holy. Tae would have been all three trees if I do that.

Might just stay shadow though, nice to be able to get interrupt reduction, inner focus, and meditation as 33 shadow. : )

Something for everyone, but no one can have it all!

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
I really cant decide what tree my own priest is going to be.. Its all so.. Lovely. There is to much goodness to choose from!
Flu is definately going to remain shadow. Its her character, plus I love the simplicity of being able to out DPS people only using 1-2 spells. Discipline will just make her nastier. Its those two points to uninterupted heals that's been bothering me... It'd be nice, but its holy! The horror!