Gherkin
1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise
I have no other name then what I was given, Gherkin.

2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.
I am a shaman, a protecter and defender of the earth.
3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.
I know not where I came from, I was raised by a kind Tauran Earth Mother and taught the way of the Shaman by her. The axe I learned from a companion of hers, Zod the Troll.
4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.
I take what nature will spare, an occational hide not needed by a wild beast and the flowers of the earth.

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?
I have only recently set out to find my way in the world. The earth is my ally and the sky is my guardian.

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.
I have only read of your exploits and would be honored to walk the world with Ironsong.

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?
Is not living a trial? and a joy? To walk the path set before us as we can. Allies and friends to stand beside, enemies and trials to overcome.

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?
I seek the path that is before my feet. When I am wise enough to know the path I tread, I will walk it as best I am able.

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?
Friends, companions, and a place to rest my body when I must.

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.

I have read your "rules", and I am no more limited than the sky nor more tamed than the wind. And yet, the ocean has its bounds and the river its path. My path and Ironsongs flow together..
<shakes> Nobody be learnin'!
For one to learn, there must be a lesson.

What is the lesson?
De lesson be, read some o' de OTHER prospective peon posts, an' den learn.
What our fine, troll friend Khrale is trying to say is the Ironsong family is a strong roleplaying family. When we look at these applications, we want to be able to get an idea of the potential new family member's role playing abilities.

There are some very good examples within this forum to take a look at and get a better idea of what the Tribe is looking for in a roleplayed application.

You have a good start, just take a look at some of the others and polish it up so we can get a better idea of your roleplaying skills. :wink:
((If non-officer members are going to take it upon themselves to co-police applications we ask it to be done respectfully and constructively. Nothing in this thread has crossed the line but it's toeing it, please be mindful.

Thanks,
Shillatae))
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
(( I am going to do this OOC, because I think it is an important point, and I don't want IC to get in the way of an out of game discussion.

The instructions are as follows:
"Please fill this out in detail, and in-character. Thanks! -Sreng "

That's the extent of the instrustions. Pretty clear and I thought I understood them.

Based on your statement Khrale, I take that you think people are not posting what is expected. If so, perhaps I know why.

I looked at other posts that people posted and felt this was what you were looking for in a post. If it is not perhaps a few "good examples" copied into the instruction thread would help myself and others to understand. Based on the instructions and the 1 to 10 questions it was obvious to me that intersparing questions with answers would be the proper format. It is, after all, an application.

Now, what part of that did I not follow that you feel I could have done better?. It is in character. It is brief, but it is both representative of Gherkin himself and his still developing character/search for his place in the world. I have posted a story to the Silver Hand forums describing myself. Perhaps I should post it here as well once I have more access.

ISo what, specifically, do you find lacking in my post? Perhaps if there is a part of it you feel you need more info, asking me a specific IC question would get a further response to address your concerns. I would think it would be more interesting way to interview prospetive players as a follow up to the questionaire..

I trust, Khrale, that you will not judge me on one post, as I will not judge you on one post.

Smile

))
((You have access to the RP forums as a Peon, Gherkin. The Salty Sailor is the appropriate venue for an IC story. Please feel free. You and Khrale can take further discussion there in an RP thread about Gherkin or to PMs, this thread is closed as you have joined the Tribe already. Thank you,

Tae))
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris