Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Future of the 25-man
How would you folks feel about making the 25-man have a permanent roster? Could we get enough people attending regularly to progress at a faster rate?

The idea is to put together a balanced raid with regular members and substitutes. Regular members would be expected to show up or at least inform the raid leaders that they would be missing.

This raid has had the talent in the past to progress. Do you want to see it continue and progress as far as we can go?

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
If it is on a day I can attend, then that would be wonderful! It would also give folks some personal ownership of their spot, either to attend or offer it to someone else, not leaving the nebulous task of raid forming to one person.

Unfortunately, I cannot make Tuesdays, which is by far the most likely day.

- Phoro.
The lack of discussion on this topic suggests that those who are a part of these forums and attend these raids either don't feel its necessary to have a roster, or don't want to commit to a roster. Its difficult to tell when people don't voice their views "For" and "against" this topic.

I for one feel that it would be beneficial for the consistency of the raid balance each week. Its a tough job to facilitate a raid with so many people and for Jabadue, I'm sure, there is comfort in knowing that you only have to manage a smaller amount because he has had commitments from those that opted to be a part of the roster. The roster is optional, but I think it will do us good. Some of us have unofficially committed to the raid as I see the same names each week, of which I am sure Jabadue is grateful.

I will say though, that this raid appears to be making some progress as we are able to down Festergut and Rotface with more consistency. This is an awesome achievement but I believe it was slow.

I think the ultimate goal is for us to progress through a dungeon before the next one comes out...in this case I don't think we will be able to before the Ruby Sanctum is released. This raid has shown its potential to accomplish that, but not with any consistency. I think this is something that would benefit us all in allowing us to progress as the game progresses and not lagging behind as I feel we have.

I do not speak for Jabadue, these are just my own personal thoughts. This is a game and no one is obligated to treat it as anything but. This post is more for those that enjoy the privilege of raiding each week with 24 other players to have a good time while experiencing ALL the game has to offer.

-Eru
I agree with Eruadan, its hard to make a decision when no one responds, and I apologize for not responding sooner.

I would be interested in seeing a permanent raid roster for those that are interested... Its hard to have raid progression when you cannot consistently have the same individuals in the raid. Unfortunately, I've not been in game for any length of time recently due to training. Once I finish my re-certifications and start working as an MP, and I have a set schedule, I'd be more than happy to say yes to consistent raiding.
[Image: 3994085VvROm.png]
I didn't reply sooner because I honestly didn't even know this post was here. >.>

Regardless, I would be more than happy to commit to a set 25-man raid/schedule. I kind of already do. My only exception is that I never know what work has in store for me for the following week, so I may not be able to attend on some Tuesday nights (such as on 5/18, I had to close up for work).

Other then that though, I'm pretty much always there. Also, my DPS has been an issue to me as of late. No matter what I do, I can't seem to go higher than 6k, and I know I need to do more if I expect to help us continue on. If any of the other dps warriors can offer me some advice, I would love it. I was honestly thinking of respecing back to Fury since it seems to be popular again, but I would need some help figuring it out since I haven't played Fury since the beginning of Naxx-25. :lol:

That's a different subject, however. So just send me a message if you're willing to help me out. Smile
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Sorry, I just saw this post. I would be willing to commit to a roster at this point. I think it's an excellent idea.
-Donalzon

“He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dead fray.”

Homer, The Iliad