Four Horseman Instructional Video
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/42138-naxxramas-four-horsemen.html#post136076">http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/421 ... post136076</a><!-- m -->

Watching this video was a bit fast-paced, but it was really informative! I hope it can help us bring down the 4HM!
Nice video.

As far as I could tell, the raid wasn't splitting into two groups, but instead focused ALL the dps on one horseman and actually pulled the horsemen back into their own corners. Whereas we weren't, so it's a nice strategy to try out.

They also had a boomkin and a ret pally in the back, two classes that can actually take a few hits and not become too overwhelmed. We had two cloth wearing priests, but I'm not sure if the magic is any worse on them. Just tossing ideas out there.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Just as a heads up, the strategy that we will try on Friday is to have 4 tanks, or at least classes that can tank, on the 4 horsemen. Thus, we will have either a pally, warrior, druid, or DK on the two casters in the back each with their own healer. I also hope to assign a third healer to the back group to assist.

We may try all DPS on the Thane first. There are a couple of drawbacks to that approach. I am concerned about whether we have the DPS to take the Thane down without switching at three marks, and if we do switch at the third mark, I am concerned with meteor damage on the Thane tank and healers. The video was for 10-man, in which the damage seemed reasonable. I am not sure how that will scale on 25-man, but we will find out.

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
jabadue Wrote:Just as a heads up, the strategy that we will try on Friday is to have 4 tanks, or at least classes that can tank, on the 4 horsemen. Thus, we will have either a pally, warrior, druid, or DK on the two casters in the back each with their own healer. I also hope to assign a third healer to the back group to assist.

We may try all DPS on the Thane first. There are a couple of drawbacks to that approach. I am concerned about whether we have the DPS to take the Thane down without switching at three marks, and if we do switch at the third mark, I am concerned with meteor damage on the Thane tank and healers. The video was for 10-man, in which the damage seemed reasonable. I am not sure how that will scale on 25-man, but we will find out.

-Jaba

I'm not really saying we have to get Thane down before the switch. I'm just saying it might take all of us to focus on one to help keep us "all in line" per se.

As desperate as we are to finish off a boss when their HP hits around 20% or so, I would rather switch after three marks when a boss is low like that then try to finish him off and end up wiped. Or as I would like to say, a "try and die" run. :lol:
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
From my experience a tank and healer would be sufficient for a meteor and be fine, but not so on the 25 man. I wouldn't completely split dps, but putting 3-5 over with the other group is sort of a must in my opinion. I'd also recommend death knights for the back two, with healers assigned to them. The third healer can come in handy, but isn't strictly necessary as long as the people in the four in the back are careful to watch voidzones and are careful during transitions.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]