Forums back...
... but restored from a backup from the 22nd of this month. Therefore, about two days' worth of posts were lost. However, the good thing is that we have the forums back at all! Heh
Huzzah! Much better than having lost like several months worth.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Thanks Kretol! I know you worked hard on it.

All bow to Kretol the forum god!
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
*looks up at Mahiah's post* Quit stealing my words, dangit! What she said, Kretol. We know you work hard on this, and we do appreciate what you do, and the time you donate to us.
Merrina Wrote:*looks up at Mahiah's post* Quit stealing my words, dangit! What she said, Kretol. We know you work hard on this, and we do appreciate what you do, and the time you donate to us.
Seconded. Thanks Kretol, you rock, man.
Great work, Farseer!
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
Great work !!!
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
I third, fourth and fifth what's been said above. I love this forum and am a silly junkie for it, thankyouthankyouthankyou for all that you do, Kretol. Even if this does totaly distract me when I should be working!

And ya know.. does "Most users ever online was 63 on May 19 2007 03:23 am" totally throw off anyone else everytime they see it too? What the crap were 63 of us doing on the site at 3:23 in the morning? *super freakin' confused look*
Sound Wrote:And ya know.. does "Most users ever online was 63 on May 19 2007 03:23 am" totally throw off anyone else everytime they see it too? What the crap were 63 of us doing on the site at 3:23 in the morning? *super freakin' confused look*
Heh. That's... actually, a funny story, really.

When it happened, I had to share it with a computer-savvy co-worker of mine:

Me
Remember how you've said that I seem to excel at having instances that seem to stump and confound you? That weirdness just seems to follow me?
I think this one takes the cake thus far.

All I'll say is that happened over a span of about a half hour to an hour. I have no friggin' clue what the hell it could have been, either. I tried tracing various addresses, and they all went to separate locations (all over the world, too. The Americas, locations in Europe, Korea, etc.)

Total weirdness.

P.S. Oh, and I forgot to mention that in that first image (main.jpg), the number in parenthesis indicates how many users are perusing the forum. However, I'm sure you've figured that out already. Heh.

Him
[I have seen this before. On one of my forums there was
a span of time where the database wasnt updating the
"users in the last 5 minutes". Instead it was just
adding on to it, and even if the person leaves, it
still shows them online.

However in your case I dont believe this to be what
happened. I think a bot picked up your website and was
put into a larger "bot database". All the bots for
some reason hit your website at the same time. The
bots do this once in a while to verify their info.

It might also be just a couple main bots using several
mini-bots/proxies around the world. All these bots
report to one main bot and share the information that
they find. This helps them fish through your website
at crazy speeds to extract email addresses and website
links so that they can continue collecting spam bait.

I just looked at your website right now and your
"Salty Sailor" section had (22) but then in a matter
of minutes it dropped to (1), then two other sections
had numbers close to 20 but then also dropped to
nothing. Right now it is 7:45am.
I finally discovered what had gone wrong in the first place.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=576262">http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=576262</a><!-- m -->

Now that the forums are upgraded, I was also able to finally reinstall the WoWMaevahEmpire style.
Sorry to those that may have been using proSilver - while I was going through the process, it seems your preferences suddenly got merged with the default, hence why you're suddenly using a different style.