First Impressions?
I just wanted to start a thread about people's first impressions of the DeathKnight class. For me, I have found it to be a breath of fresh air in a game that I must admit, was starting to feel a little stale to me.

I was instantly hooked on the class during the initial storyline quests as there were so many elements that I found fascinating. I won't ruin it for those that haven't rolled a DK yet, but let me just say that I spent a good portion of those first 3 levels Ooooooing and aaaaaaaahing at the computer screen.

Now that I have graduated to the Outlands I am actually enjoying those quests again as I attempt to catch up with all you 70somethings in Northrend.

Anyway, I'm off to Nagrand to kill hundreds of Windrocs, Talbuks and Clefthoofs O MY!
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
I too am having a sort of renewal of energy with this class.

Initially Hebren was just going to be an experiment to see the new stuff they build for the DKs. I doubted that he would go much further than finishing up his starter quests and then be mothballed. In fact I had every intention of not even starting a Death Knight until I had Dergash to 80.

However I have found I really do enjoy the class, it is interesting and combines many of the mechanics from the other classes I have enjoyed playing in one armor plated package. Having been through all the Outland content a number of times now I figured I would dread doing it again, but I find I once again want to head into Nagrand and doing a bunch of stuff for Mr. Nesingwary.

While the class is not going to be for everyone, I would recommend you at least play one through the initial starter quests. There are some very cool game play and story elements you don't get to see anywhere else.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
I think its a very entertaining and challenging class to learn. However I am a bit turned off by the fact that there is no unique armor for the death knight between the initial quests and the Tier armor...its hard to take a death knight seriously when hes donning corny looking armor between level 60-68 or so hehe.
I'm loving it so far myself. I went Blood-spec, and it's the sort of psychotic energy I loved back on my alliance fury warrior, only more so. I really expected Prudence to be a backburner character while I worked on getting Skrap to 70, and Comfort leveled so I could offer a healer. Now, here I am, loving yet another DPS. I'm so selfish... and it's so much fun. ^_^
Eruadan Wrote:I think its a very entertaining and challenging class to learn. However I am a bit turned off by the fact that there is no unique armor for the death knight between the initial quests and the Tier armor...its hard to take a death knight seriously when hes donning corny looking armor between level 60-68 or so hehe.

Save your starter armor for RP purposes. Smile
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Cloudjumper Wrote:
Eruadan Wrote:I think its a very entertaining and challenging class to learn. However I am a bit turned off by the fact that there is no unique armor for the death knight between the initial quests and the Tier armor...its hard to take a death knight seriously when hes donning corny looking armor between level 60-68 or so hehe.

Save your starter armor for RP purposes. Smile

Haha, only a n00b would throw out that armor....its awsome looking!, both sets!
Skrap Wrote:I'm loving it so far myself. I went Blood-spec, and it's the sort of psychotic energy I loved back on my alliance fury warrior, only more so. I really expected Prudence to be a backburner character while I worked on getting Skrap to 70, and Comfort leveled so I could offer a healer. Now, here I am, loving yet another DPS. I'm so selfish... and it's so much fun. ^_^

I didn't save the *initial* set, but I am going to save the stuff the leave the starting area with. The set that has all the cool blue, glowy things.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Honestly, it seems like everything I wanted out of paladin and never got. An armor plated hybrid class that is just as at home on the back line guarding the casters as it is on the front end caving in skulls. As Unholy, I find myself boggling at the amount of destruction the ghoul causes, and cackling with glee every time I summon Gargoyle for an airstrike. And that's only at level 60. I can't wait to see what the higher levels hold in terms of new spells and abilities.