Feedback time (FOR EVERYONE)
Even if you've only come once, I'd like to hear feedback on how our run is going. Keep in mind that this is a guild run, and so it is supposed to be fun! I'd like to see Gruul's lair as a time that we could all get together in a raiding environment and have fun, as well as learn our classes a little better (because after all, we are all "noobs" to one degree or another), and how to be a coordinated group. So far I think it is going well, but I'm not sure if it is as fun as it should be. Any thoughts? Ideas?
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
At this point, I think it's going as well as it could be. It's getting harder to find folks that want to go, so we're having to take pretty much anyone with a 70 beside their name. That can make Gruul really frustrating, if we just don't have the geared people to take him down in time, but we're still managing most of the time.

The only thing I could think of would be to do sign-ups beforehand that OOG raiders could use, so that we've got more people that meet the gear check. Have it so that it wouldn't guarantee them a spot over a Tribemate, but they'd be on a list of "contact this person if there's space", so that when we come up short people, we don't have to scramble.
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
That time has been awful for Jaba. Hopefully, after the next couple of weeks, I can make a few of these raids.

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
All things considered (not being a raiding guild for one and having to often resort to bringing members who've maybe stepped into Karazhan once, if not at all) I think it's going pretty good. Some may call me crazy, but I still both enjoy and look forward to Gruul's lair. :)

I really liked Logros' suggestion on our OOG cohorts. As I've written up the roll listings over these past few weeks, I've boggled at all the OOG people we bring in and wondered if there could be a way to somehow maintain more of their presence (and commitment) in our continual efforts to fill those last few slots week after week. We've got Footrot, Kofu, Gioron and Zeenjai (did I just name three priests?) well tied in-- and I think it would be quite a boon to rope in a few more (possibly not priests :p ) to have on hand in our future efforts.

& The changes may not be going or being seen quick enough for some, but I believe our weighted roll system is slowly starting to balance things out more towards fair too. In a few more weeks it should be just about right. I'm both relieved and and glad it's system was implemented.

Lastly.. *shakes her first as menacingly as she can muster (which is likely not menacing at all)* come to Gruul's lair you lot.. we need you!
Sound Wrote:having to often resort to bringing members who've maybe stepped into Karazhan once, if not at all

At least for me, I find it significantly easier to get into a Gruul run than a Kara run, so I think this kind of situation is more a comment on Kara than on Gruul. I still personally find it quite amusing that I have the T4 shoulders and legs, but not the helm or even gloves.
Everyone knows that sometimes I can be hot or cold on an issue. Its just the way I run, yar, I'm mental. Personally, Gruul is great most of the times. What I am thinking of doing though is linking a few videos here, or in the strategy forum, so people can see what happens for their specific set of characters. Not all strats are the same, but most of them are similar enough to learn from example. If more people see footwork videos, we will get alot less of the 1st and 2nd round wipes because of player focus. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of this either (I do phase out alot) but seeing some examples might be good.

We are doing well most of the time, but I think it bears a little water that we need to coordinate a little more with the OoG Cohorts. The idea brought up is great, but sometimes it might be hard to even find them because of the time. A review of the time might be good, just seeing if maybe a few hours later might help it. Maybe also start planning to start making a few forrays into Maggy in the near future will spark more want to come here

also

Quote:At least for me, I find it significantly easier to get into a Gruul run than a Kara run, so I think this kind of situation is more a comment on Kara than on Gruul. I still personally find it quite amusing that I have the T4 shoulders and legs, but not the helm or even gloves.

How? The tribe itself has started many different raids to try to cooperate with a wider variety of time frames. No offense, but if it is really that hard to find a kara group nowadays, maybe you aren't looking hard enough..or not putting enough time into trying to sell yourself for one.
[Image: 2738341mWkUR.png]
Sound Wrote:As I've written up the roll listings over these past few weeks, I've boggled at all the OOG people we bring in and wondered if there could be a way to somehow maintain more of their presence

Yeah, having the well-geared and experienced OOG folks around more often would be really helpful.

Quote:I believe our weighted roll system is slowly starting to balance things out more towards fair too

Honestly, it's made Gruul fun for me again. Gruul isn't particularly interesting anymore, having done him so often, so other than getting to tank (woo!), having a shot at loot is really nice. And more importantly, having time put in recognized through the weighted roll over the first-timers is a welcome relief.

Quote:At least for me, I find it significantly easier to get into a Gruul run than a Kara run, so I think this kind of situation is more a comment on Kara than on Gruul

Well, all that Gruul takes sometimes is being online. Lupus is well geared, but that's meant we're taking some folks that are really out-geared by the encounter, and that's made it really frustrating sometimes.

Quote:Everyone knows that sometimes I can be hot or cold on an issue. Its just the way I run, yar, I'm mental.

8-)

Quote:What I am thinking of doing though is linking a few videos here, or in the strategy forum, so people can see what happens for their specific set of characters.

Certainly can't hurt. Although really, frapsing OUR strategy would seem to be more useful.

Quote:How? The tribe itself has started many different raids to try to cooperate with a wider variety of time frames

Well, it takes more than just being online Wink Now that my Kara raid is dead, I'll likely be going ahead with the Learning Raid if I can get the time and the people for it.
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
Lupus, talk to me in game about coming to Karazhan with us. We almost always have free slots I'm trying to fill.

As for the Magtheridon suggestion, Efluvious and I have discussed alternating Gruul and Magtheridon from week to week. We may end up doing that, with the first Magtheridon run being December 1st. I'll announce it soon if so.

Also, as for Gruul feedback, I was mentioning to Efluvious that it would be nice to see other warriors applying sunders. Raid DPS > personal DPS.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Devestate will be applying sunder as well.
I'm happy where Gruuls at, I look forward to the runs each week.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Give or take a wipe or two due to new people, I'm totally happy with our gruul runs, we leave him dead and bleadin'. Just as it should be *nods*
What this? "Holds Misdirection spell manuscript upside down trying to decipher it."
hehehe, well Uglawha, we all live and learn. I'm still trying to figure out how different things work on the classes I play.

~Virgil~
Needs more Dragonspine Trophy! Eflu, can you get on that?
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
*"fixes" the random number generator for Fanae*

~Virgil~