Excellent RP mod!
Flagrsp is a mod many RP'ers are coming on to, and though I'm usually selective in who I share it with (atleast since it was shared with me by Zul'Gazarg just a few days ago) I thought it would be appropriate to share with the Tribe as a whole.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1028">http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1028</a><!-- m -->

I encourage all in the Tribe who are serious RP'ers (atleast most of the time) to check this out and pass it along to others who might enjoy it.
I just found out from Rawne that the website says something about not downloading the experimental version, do it anyways. It's the one that most have and it's also the one that's been hammered out and slightly upgraded. The other versions wont allow you to have a charcter "Outward Appearance" discription and some of them even messed up chat channels, this one has had none of those problems, atleast for me or anyone else I know that has it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fabledrealm.com/flagrsp/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=c99a8ecf1e61dc571667ad34a402d5bf">http://fabledrealm.com/flagrsp/forum/vi ... 34a402d5bf</a><!-- m -->

If, however, you do come across any complications or problems, this is an English-speaking forum about it hosted by the programmers. Be sure to post any bugs you find here so we can help him help us.
And if your really adventurous, and can find some Alliance with Flag, you can break the language barrier using your outward appearence!
"Is it any wonder, under such a burden, they seemed mad? We all have found ourselves railing against them and later consoling them. Theirs was a burden we each bore but a fraction. They shouldered it, and in the end, it crushed them."
This is moderately true. If you log into Alliance side you will gain all the flags for folks currently online at each time you do so, and vice versa. Subsequently you will be able to still see them when you go back to Horde. You cannot actually dynamically interact using it; it doesn't use any out-of-game conduit to transmit flags and there is no in-game one that transcends faction.
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Shillatae Wrote:This is moderately true. If you log into Alliance side you will gain all the flags for folks currently online at each time you do so, and vice versa. Subsequently you will be able to still see them when you go back to Horde. You cannot actually dynamically interact using it; it doesn't use any out-of-game conduit to transmit flags and there is no in-game one that transcends faction.

Others that have claimed not to have ever logged in to an opposing faction member character have also said that they have seen flagRSP descriptions for the other faction as well. I believe that other people that have descriptions for the other faction actually transmit them over time via the flagRSP channel, so that's probably how those particular people mentioned previously get their descriptions for the opposite faction.
First off, I would like to thank everyone that has gotten FlagRSP since I first made this post. Secondly, I have to announce that FlagRSP is obsolete, and is being replaced by a mod called MyRolePlay. MRP is, without question, about ten times better than FlagRSP ever was, and it is still in Beta form. It has far more customization for the user, and personalization for the character. It also allows MRP users to see FlagRSP info, but not visa versa. The only real complaint about it I've heard from anyone is the fact that it runs on two channels, both the RSP channel and its own MRP channel.

I would also like to mention two more mods here. Battlecry and Roleplay Helper.

Battlecry basically lets you set phrases to each of your class/race's unique abilities, as well as general abilities (i.e. attacking). Then it allows you to set a percentage of how often it will activate (which is nice, obviously, because it avoids spamming, unlike macros).
Roleplay Helper is, essentially, a "suped up" Battlecry. Not only does it allow you to do all the things Battlecry does, but much more as well. This includes setting not only phrases, but emotes as well, to each and every ability -AND- for things like crits, parry, dodge, absorb, etc, unlike Battlecry. Also, it allows for phrases and emotes (and yes, percentages) for talking to NPC's.

Thanks to all of you who, with and without the use of mods, have supported roleplay to its fullest.
I find that the only thing I forget to do with FlagRSP (which I have had installed for a long time now) is reactivate it when Blizzard's patches and minipatches quietly make it "out of date" though all one has to do is tell it to load out of date addons on the char. select screen's addons menu to make it work.

So, I exhort you all - remember to do this! I've gone weeks without my RSP active for this reason but maybe I'm just senile prematurely.

Thanks for the info on these newer/other mods, Vor!

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Bah! Who needs battlecry ... I've been running my own makeshift mod for that for ages... and its not intuitive at all! :p

*runs off and downloads battlecry*