Event Idea I'm pondering (RP-PVP)
(( I've got some characters over on the Alliance side in the guild Alahni lo Andu. One of the events I've been pondering there is outlined below, and I was wondering if there was enough interest among the people here in the Tribe for this to be a joint event between my two in-game families. This blurb is written from the Alliance perspective, but don't let that put you off.

Always welcome to suggestions and feedback. ))

The Battle of Rorke's Drift

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorke%27s_Drift" target="new">From Wikipedia:</a> (the link is a good read).
Rorke's Drift was a mission station in Natal, South Africa situated near a natural ford (drift) on the Buffalo River. The defence of Rorke's Drift (January 22 – January 23, 1879) during the Anglo-Zulu War immediately followed the British Army's humiliating defeat at the Battle of Isandlwana earlier in the day. At Rorke's Drift 139 British soldiers successfully defended their garrison against an intense assault by four to five thousand Zulu warriors.

If you've ever seen the movie Zulu (and if you haven't, go rent it on the next rainy day), you know the drama inherent in the scenario. A band of defenders, vastly outnumbered by the rampaging Horde - see where I'm going with this? - make a valiant last stand against hopeless odds.

Here's the idea.

I know a place where two vast armies can fight with an almost 0% chance of a) anybody knowing two armies are fighting and b) not enough people knowing how to get there if they DID find out. To top it off... it's a little farm!

I would like to summon 10 Alahni folks to this area to act as the defenders - in this case, they're protecting a Dwarven excavation team working in the Alterac Valley who have just uncovered a powerful ancient artifact.

The problem is, the 20-30 Horde folks who are summoned on the other end of the battlefield kinda think that the artifact belongs to the Frostwolf clan - since they were there first and all - and are itching to take it back.

The defenders are outnumbered in this PVP battle, but they get to resurrect. The attackers have the numbers, but are limited to self-rezzes only (soulstones and shaman rebirths). There will be "spirit healers" (non-combat priests) to bring the Hordies back as spectators.

If I can't scrape together enough, we can flip the scenario and make it night elves stopping a Horde band from defiling a moonwell or something over on the other continent.