Efluvious the Ghoul
*Grommash opens a recently completed codex regarding Efluvious to review its contents*

Efluvious the Ghoul

By Grommash son of Dar'ash

Part One: Life and Death

From what I can determine, Efluvious is a very old corpse, or possibly multiple corpses. His most prominent parts would place him as having died during the second war when the Horde attempted to attack Stromgarde from the then Horde occupied Khaz Modan. He was in life a charismatic young human warrior named Theo beginning his training as a knight and a hopeful applicant to become a paladin of the light. His death cut his dreams short, but he had taken the principles of honor and justice to become a part of him; inseparable.

His corpse was raised by the scourge and was used at the assault on Dalaran in the early days by Arthas where he again died to the magiks of the wizards there. His stubborn nature alone brought him back this time; he refused to let go and this compulsion has only gained in each death he has suffered, which I should add is now many times many. Some parts of him, including part of his head, are not this young warrior however.

He had no will of his own in these days, but his instincts and his nature stayed with him. After the third war when the Lich King began to lose control over the Scourge, Efluvious finally awoke. His numerous deaths and wounds had addled his brain but the undeath had regenerated his body and even strengthened it somewhat.

His mind was not improved by the meeting of another recently awakened forsaken. Efluvia found Efluvious gnawing on on a bone in an uncovered grave and enslaved him. She took him to her lair in the Badlands where he did anything she bid and whenever he resisted she flayed his mind, further damaging his brain. From what I have gathered, Efluvia further mutilated not only his mind, but his body as well, and he seems to have some underlying personality conflicts.

Despite his enslavement and abuse at the hands of Efluvia, Efluvious remembers these days fondly. He had an imaginary friend he would converse with named 'Theodor'. I suspect he had the name in his head, as it used to be his own, but he could not associate it with himself. Theodor was a skeleton that Efluvia kept in her lair laid out for her to study.

One day Efluvia left and didn't return for several days. Efluvious' stubborn yet innocent nature manifested itself once again and he left to find something he couldn't remember, but knew he wanted. A real friend.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
Efluvious the Ghoul

By Grommash son of Dar'ash

Part Two: An unnatural Nature

Efluvious wandered many places, learning to survive on his own. His naivety led him to many more deaths, but he eventually found his way to Undercity. This was where I, Grommash, met him. He was looking for food in the sewers when I spotted him. Now, even in undercity, there are vendors for foodstuffs. He had a light to his eyes that intrigued me: a vacant yet alive sort of innocence to him. I have been to war. I know the horrors of the nether through which I call upon my powers. This innocence was like a cool drink of clean water after years in a desert.

When I approached him, he made no aggressive move. He took a defensive stance protecting the bone he had found and had been gnawing on and gave a worried smile in my direction. I gave him some real food to gain his trust. How he intrigued me! His mind was scarred and damaged...yet, not all of it. He had an ingenuity to him. He constructed tools out of the most rudimentary items and crafted armor to protect him from the harsh environment and its denizens.

The part of his brain that controlled communication was shot. As was the small part that at one time could have understood how Mana worked. But...he had emotion. Strong emotion. Sometimes the smallest thing, such as seeing a certain kind of tree, or hearing a distant horn, would send him into a rage. Through the following months I helped him. With the acquiescence of the Dark Lady, I brought him to Orgrimmar where the warriors of the Horde taught him to control his rage: to use it as the tools and equipment he made.

Another part of his brain had been damaged as well, part of his learning center. The innocence and naiveté would always remain. His trust is complete. I both pity him, and envy him. His world, his dream world, is something I can never have. There is a dark, hidden part however, one I've only glimpsed when stress or grief are at their most intense.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]