Druid Raid Class Spec Lead (Restoration) Yes, TREES!
Hello, my lovely little trees! I will be your tour guide today and please don't hesitate to ask me anything at all, if I don't know the answer to a particular question then I will find it out for you! My alts are Chaska, Simra, Jaeyla, and Shaey, please feel free to send me a tell on any of them any time.

Sound is a very knowledgeable tree too. She knows A LOT about tree stuff...and doom Smile So, if I'm not around, please ask her too!

There are not many of us trees, and that is unfortunate. Trees are exceptional healers. One reason is because of our HoT's (heal over time). HoT's make it possible to heal a lot of people at the same time. Granted it doesn't have the big BOOM heal that Healing Touch does, or to a lesser extent that Regrowth does, but you can toss Rejuventation on as many people as you like and keep them topped off. Lifebloom is much the same, but it ticks faster for a smaller heal amount with a small BOOM at the end. Anyway, if you're wanting to raid and have gotten to 70 then you already know all this so I'll shaddup about that.

I will be adding more to this forum once I get my scrambled egg thoughts together! Smile
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
Reserved

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
Reserved

~Bill Cosby
Reserved

~Bill Cosby
Being the second person to go to for Resto Druids when Mahiah isn't at hand, I'll try and quickly offer my two cents and a little help.

I'm a hugely addicted dork when it comes to being a Resto Druid. I love 'em to bits and read up entirely too much on them. Whenever I see a new, young tree wandering around Orgimmar, it takes about every ounce of effort I have to not hug them to death. :> And while I can't visible tell a Dreamstate Druid from anyone else, you too get much <3 and many /boggles!

Mahiah will cover the basics of what you need to know and listen to her, she knows what she's talkin' about!

I'll be around as well if you ever need to poke someone.. and if there's ever something you need to know and we're not online to answer it, here are some promising links that should provide a lot of help. Whenever I need somewhere to go and learn more, these are the places I do it at (and consequently have spent entirely too many hours reading up on all of it because so, dangit!).

Note: These are a bit TOL and raiding biased, my apologies if you're here to seek other info!

Druid: Raiding as a Tree! :: Close to everything you ever wanted to know about usefully wielding you oaken branches of justice in a raiding environment. Elitist Jerks. <3

A catch-all of Resto Endgame Healing :: Tons of useful info here about.. Well.. EVERYTHING.

Druid Talent Analysis - Restoration :: An in depth look at our restoration tree. Helped me immeasurably when leveling and needing to know more than beyond the text.

To be a Tree: The Evolution of Healing :: How to properly utilize one of our most powerful spells and abilities: Lifebloom. Rolling stacks go!

Lastly, Resto4Life :: *pulls out her geek glasses* This is one of my home pages.. a blog specifically dedicated to healers of our kind!

I could go on here for eons, but I'll let Mahiah get to splanin' stuffs!

I heart you, Resto Druids.. just ignore Jiv's QQing! :p

*Waddles away to find another poor sap(pling!) to heal.* :D
Okay fellow trees, point me in the direction of worthwhile enchants and gems. My gear is starting to look sadly unadorned!
As a healer, there are two different ways to gem gear.

Question for ya, Fleet- Say you had [item]Shoulderguards of Malorne[/item], which has two blue sockets and a +3 spirit bonus. If gems were free, would you gem it with two [item]Purified Shadow Pearl[/item]/[item]Royal Nightseye[/item] (and keep the bonus) or two [item]Teardrop Living Ruby[/item]? Pure plus healing VS stats + plus healing, which would you more perfer?
I have three answers to that question.

1. Theoritically, my priorities are Spirit, +Heal, mana/5, in that order.

2. If forced to make a decision, I'd probably take one ruby and one shadow pearl.

3. What I've actually done in the past is stare at my gear, probably with a small amount of drool trickling down my chin, and avoid making a decision entirely.
Hi Fleetie!

My first thought when starting to gem my gear was "RAWRZ! cram +18 healing in every single socket and hang the socket bonus hellz yes!" I did that for a while, but I noticed I would have a lower mana pool and very little mana regen while casting, and while not casting in combat. I try to balance it out more now between healing, mp5, spirit, int and I'm learning how so very valuable it is to pay attention to the mana regen.

You also have to decide if the socket bonus is more beneficial to you than putting in an off color gem in the slot would be. Remember, and I'm sure you already know, you don't HAVE to put a red gem in a red slot, or a yellow in a yellow. You can put anything you want in the slot but you won't get the socket bonus, the exception being meta gem slots which only take meta gems.

I'm looking at your gear on the armory now and I'll post what I would put into the slots if it were my gear.

Also, just a fyi, Sound and I both wore some of the awesome cloth from karazhan for a while Big Grin

Another fyi..Enchant your stuff woman or it gets the switch! :crazysmile:

~Bill Cosby
I apologize for slacking on this thread. Blame Khrale/Grey/Freithe. He's been visiting me for the past few weeks :oops:

~Bill Cosby
My opinion for your gloves would be to put a [item]Teardrop Living Ruby[/item] and one of either [item]Luminous Noble Topaz[/item] [item]Royal Nightseye[/item] or [item]Purified Shadow Pearl[/item]

Not keeping the +3 spirit bonus on the gloves won't be very painful as it's only .6 mp5 WC (while casting) and 1.9 mp5 NC (not casting)

For your britches, wow I loved those pants they were so hard to give up, I would replace the +8 int with a +18 healing gem, leave your +9 healing gem in there, and add another different +9 healing gem like a [item]Luminous Noble Topaz[/item] or [item]Purified Shadow Pearl[/item]. Again, the loss of the socket bonus is minimal.

The booties I would chuck a [item]Purified Shadow Pearl[/item] and a [item]Royal Nightseye[/item] and keep your +7 healing socket bonus.

Enchants

Head: [item]Glyph of Renewal[/item] is an enchant you can get from the quartermaster in Thrallmar with revered reputation.

Shoulders: If you are Aldor [item]Inscription of Faith[/item] and [item]Greater Inscription of Faith[/item] are available.

Chest: Major Spirit is +15 and most enchanters should be able to do it.

Cloak: Sublety. I think the crappy thing is broken because everything likes to eat the trees but I put it on anyway! I know Eatmore can do this one.

Bracers: +30 healing. Called superior healing I believe and most enchanters should be able to do it.

Gloves: A nice enchant for the gloves is 35 healing. It's a bit hurty on materials though. 6 greater planar essence 6 primal life 6 large prismatic shards. So you may want to save that for the t4 gloves. There's another healing enchant which is +30 healing that takes 3 nexus crystals, 8 large brilliant shards and a righteous orb. Still pain in the butt mats.

Leggings: Aldor tailors can make you [item]Silver Spellthread[/item] or [item]Golden Spellthread[/item], the latter one requires a primal nether, and some body parts I think.

Boots: Not a whole ton of choices here. I recommend Vitality which is +4 health and mana every 5 seconds.

Weapon: +81 healing, baybeee!

Also for enchants. If you happen to be an enchanter you can enchant your own rings. I know there is a healing enchant for them, there are also some special gems that only jewelcrafters can use, one being [item]Kailee's Rose[/item] I am not sure about others because I'm not an enchanter or jewelcrafter. Sound might have more input on this since her warlock is an enchanter.

Another thing, Recently Sound and I started using a macro/script/event thing in ItemRack which swaps your weapon out for a high spirit weapon (enchanted with spirit also) to use innervate with and then equips your normal weapon again when innervate is over, to get the most benefit out of the mana regen. Actually it was Sound's idea and I copied because it's freaking uber!

Whatcha think Sound?

I am shutting up now Big Grin

~Bill Cosby
FYI, the shiny gems are for Jewelcrafters only, not enchanters (I wish I could make them for Naruth! Confusedhock: ). Also, a [item]Magister's Armor Kit[/item] is nice to put on gloves until you can gather the materials for the +healing. The kit only takes one [item]Primal Mana[/item] and a bit of leather. Also, I put together a list of enchants for healy priests - while it won't be exactly the same for trees, it can still serve as a point of reference for what's out there. Linkie.
Gah, thanks Nar. I fixed it

~Bill Cosby

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Druid Raid Class Spec Lead (Feral). Behr or Mew Mew. Eatmore 12 6,803 02-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Daichallar
  Druid Raid Class Spec Lead (Balance) Discussion Krell 1 1,923 02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Krell