Dokcha
1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise

I am Dokcha, and with me I bring my faithful companions: Marchuk, decendant of Humar the Pridelord, and Mokra, decendant of Sarkoth the vicious.
While we do not put much weight on titles, we have earned a few in our many journeys thus far in life. To name a few we are: Hero of the Horde, Masons Fraternity member, former sergeant on the battle grounds (currently grunt rank due to preoccupation with other duties), Friend of the Argent Dawn, Frostwolf Clan, Steamwheedle Cartel, and Gelkis Centaur Clan, trusted of the Timbermaw furblog, acknowledged of the Thorium Brotherhood, Artisan Chef, Artisan Fisher, Trauma Sergeon intern, and Artisan Leatherworker specialized in the Tribal technique.

2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.

I am a Beastmaster orc huntress, with some minor training in marksmanship. I have considered undergoing retraining with more emphasis in the Marksman field, but I owe so much of my life to Marchuk in particular that I have not broken yet from my Beastmaster path. If there was a greater good requiring my retraining, I would consider it further, but for now I am comfortable with the path I have crafted for myself and my bondmates.

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.

As previously stated, I am Dokcha, orc huntress. I do not recall much of my youth. I awoke in the Valley of Trials with my past erased from my mind, whether a blessing or curse I cannot say. The locals there who had cared for me said my body was found washed ashore among the Echo Isles, bruised and battered with signs of a clear blow to the head, and guarded by a young tigress. I can recall bits of the past.. I knew of Thrall and his hope to better our people.. I recalled that my braid was the mark of age for a huntress in my family, tho I could not recall my family or more details of my clan.. I remember studying maps of the world, so I could recall the geography of most the world and locations of certain landmarks. But the past is just that, the past, and I had to look to the present and future. So I began (assumedly again) my training as a hunter in the Valley of Trials. I quickly mastered my basic skills and it was not long before I had tamed Mokra and found a joy in my new bondmate, which was the only family I now had, and my training fell in step with that joy and in insuring the survival of my family. At this time too I joined my current clan: Twisted Fury. I sensed that I somehow knew some of these people before, but could not recall precisely where... (more on them later). Not long after, as my journeys took me beyond the borders of Durotar, I joined up with a young Warrior from Ironsong Tribe, Grazak, and we proceeded with three others to clear out the twisted dreamscape of the Barrens known as the Wailing Caverns. Something in my heart tugged at that time, and poked my mind, but I could not put a reason to it. It seems like not much time past after that when I came across Marchuk above the port town of Ratchet. He walked with a strength of character, an eye of purpose, and a grace of comfort, and in that instance I knew I had found my true bondmate. I tried for a long while after that to split time between my two companions, but it didn't take long before I realized that Marchuk and I were conquering more and more trials the world was handing us. I sense soon that I may have to return Mokra back to the wild, but I have been reluctant to so easily let my first family member go.. But this again is the past.
Recently we have met up again with Grazak, shortly before the scourge invasion began again, and the tugging and poking feelings returned. This time, however, I could put a cause to it. Marchuk and I have mostly traveled the world alone together, with occassional help from my current clan. They are a good clan, but it is a very small clan with very few members who seem to be.. well.. active. We had hoped others would join us and grow our numbers, but alas, fate has not planned such a destiny for us, and there has been some discussion of disbanding. During my vast travels of the world I have heard of the great deeds of many of the Horde Clans, but what has caught my attention the most out of all of them is from the sense of family that appears to exude from the tribe known as Ironsong. Ironsong has accomplished much, 'tis true, but what I've witnessed more is the comraderie has outweighed the accomplishments.. it's not what Ironsong has done so much as HOW they do things: which is together, as a family - not just a team, a family. I've watched from afar, and always envied that family which I never had. Grazak has invoked in me feelings of a more personal nature, but has also opened that door in which I might finally come home to. Marchuk and I have come to a crossroads in life where, while there is still plenty for us left in this world to accomplish on our own if we choose, there are many more duties calling to our souls that will require us to be part of a bigger whole. While we could petition with many other tribes, and put our names and accomplishments in many ears, it is not our way. We want to find a family and home, where we are comfortable and loved, and can share our love and talents with others we care about too, and where there are others around to fill that home with life. We have a lovely home right now, but it is more often than not quiet. We are all accomplishing much in this world, and such accomplishments should be filled with joy, laughter, and song. The future is yet to be forged, and I would like to be part of those songs sung of good times and stories told around the campfires at night - and not some quiet name in a dusty old tome in some locked away library.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.

I love cooking, skinning, and fishing the most, and have become an artisan in all three fields. I am also a skilled leatherworker in the Tribal technique, though I am sure there are more patterns out there that I have yet to learn and master. Also, one cannot survive long in the wilds of Azeroth without knowing how to take care of one's own wounds. Thus I have trained extensively in First Aid and am now a Trauma Surgeon in training. If so many other needs did not require all the scraps of cloth I find in the world, I would have mastered this skill already. As it stands, however, I still have a little bit further to go in my training, tho it is nearing completion - at least, that's what the chief trauma surgeon in Hammerfall said.

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?

As stated above, I am currently a member of Twisted Fury, but I would like to become part of the Ironsong Tribe family.

[OOC: One of my alts is actually a charter member of Twisted Fury. We were founded to be a Horde side clan of/for FantastiCo folks, but most everyone stayed on Alliance side. At the start of this year I switched to join the Horde after becoming frustrated with many events, people, and attitudes on the Alliance side. On the Alliance side I have 5 chars, 2 of which are level 60 (warrior and priest) that have been through Onyxia, Molten Core [we had it down to completing the whole dungeon including Ragnaros in 3.5 hrs], Zul'Gurub, and Blackwing Lair (up to Nefarian). As Alliance I've been a (former) member of Knights of the Crown, and an officer of FantastiCo. All of my Alliance characters are currently 'mothballed' as I'm enjoying my time as Horde much more overall.]

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.

Hrrmm.. I think I told it best above. I want to be part of a family. Not just a clan or tribe or guild, but a family. People who care about each other, laugh together.. where the HOW is more important than the WHAT.. where everyday actions are just as enjoyable as big successful missions. I want to wake up to each night or day and be able to talk with familymembers, to travel and accomplish things as a family that you can't quite accomplish in groups of mixed tribe members. I don't know how to explain it properly, I am better at actions than words, but being able to cleanse Stratholm of its twisted undead and evil Baron with family is much different than doing the same thing with what's commonly called a "pickup group". There is a commraderie and bonding.. where you can laugh at mistakes and failures just as much as with clean cut victories. I've enjoyed many recent travels with Grazak, and was genuinely pleased and proud for him having fullfilled his training as a warrior while I took a vacation elselands. I've envied him going to places with his tribe that I desire to go. I've enjoyed my interactions in the past with other members of Ironsong, such as Eveline, as I've passed through Orgrimmar.. as brief as some of those have been. I've enjoyed watching the interactions between Ironsong tribemembers in Orgrimmar while I've passed through on business, dealing with the impossibly small space the bank allows us, and my ever overflowing mailbox, and have wished I could be a part of such moments myself - well, ok.. there are a couple instances where I was enjoying -just- watching. *laugh* There is also the factor that Ironsong Tribe is accomplishing tasks I myself want to take part in.. like the clearing of Molten Core, claiming victory over Onyxia, braving the wilds of Zul'Gurub and disposing of the evil god Hakkar.. but I want to do these things with those I'm close to, whom I can enjoy the attempts with, even if we are not always successful - where the deeds will hold a meaning in their doing.

I also attended an Ironsong Tribe weekly moot tonight, and enjoyed it. It would be nice to be a part of these more regularly, and is another example of the tribe's commitment to family. It's a great way to introduce new people to everyone, as well as have some together time that doesn't (neccessarily) have to do with combat.

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?

I think my toughest trial has been to learn to survive on my own with just my bondmate at my side. My current clan has not always been around when I have needed them, and it can get lonely out in the world when you are on mission after mission helping others - even if it's to help yourself by helping keep the world from falling into darkness, chaos, and evil. It's not always easy, though I've no doubt it's been easier having Marchuk, or Mokra, by my side. On the other hand, by having to learn to depend on just me and my bondmate, its taught me to think about how I approach things - you can't just go rushing in bow/gun blazing. Sometimes I think that has made me too cautious, but it is better to be cautious than dead. Sometimes I still bite off more than I can chew, and I like to push myself and Marchuk to see just what CAN we accomplish, and sometimes those lessons are painful and costly. But you can't learn by success alone - the best teacher is usually failure.

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?

I want to explore more of Azeroth, to help bring back peaceful order to this world, to right wrongs, to bring evil to justice... ok, ok, just what every other hero of the Horde wants I suppose. In particular, I am anxious to venture to Onyxia's Lair, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair (ok.. maybe not overly anxious for Blackwing Lair - I've read detailed reports of the difficulties there and the many failed missions), and Zul'Gurub. I am also interested in discovering the mysteries and dangers of Ahn'Qirai and Naxxramas. As for why: PHAT LOOTS! *laughs* :lol: Ok, that's only a minor reason - what woman doesn't like new shineys that improve your skills and abilities?? But seriously, for the challenge of going there and accomplishing tasks of legend. These are not easy missions.. there are volumes of texts of failed missions to each - with the exception of Ahn'Qirai and Naxxramas, but only because they haven't been accessible for very long yet. It takes an amazing amount of teamwork and skill to survive and succeed in each of those places, and I want to test myself.. to improve myself.. to help others test and improve themselves.. and hopefully make a change for the better in the world at the end of the day. I also like improving my reputation with many different factions, and they each seem to want you to take on these insanely difficult quests to prove yourself to them. Call me crazy, but I enjoy obliging them in that.

However, before most of this, my current goals are: to become attuned to the Molten Core, obtain a key to Onyxia's Lair, and try to get some decent gear from Stratholm and Scholomance so I can (hopefully) survive the coming trials better.

I'm also interested in someday intercepting some of the outside menaces like the green dragons I have heard rumored to have appeared from the dreaming in some of the great woods, Azuregos in Azshara, or Lord Kazzak heard to appear occassionally near the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands. Hopefully when I do so I won't be alone. O=)

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?

Questing with friends to make the world a better place - basically helping others, as well as accomplishing things I need to do and/or get.

Oh, and cooking and fishing...

... and skinning... I think because it's like cleaning up after yourself. >.> ^.^ <.<

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.

I agree (though it sounds like second nature kind of stuff to me)
You seem less worthless than many who have come to stand before the tribe, attend a moot and be prepaired to be grilled about how you will fit in our structure.

((I'd also add that Naxx and aq40 are more pipe dreamish for us just now, but MC and onyxia are done..though we have more people who want to come than we can fit, so just keep these little things in mind))