Discord Chat/Voice
Hello, folks!

Just as a heads up, I will probably be cancelling my VDS/VPS soon as I've mostly only been using it for Mumble hosting.  I've already started to explore an alternative with Oryx, a service called Discord.

https://discordapp.com/

It is a free voice and text chat geared towards gamers.  You can create 'servers' that can house both separate text channels and separate voice channels, and you can also stay in them via free mobile apps as well!  For instance, I stay logged in on my Android phone and can get push notifications of folks chatting with me (or whenever I'm mentioned in a channel).  When Oryx and I tested the voice chat, it seemed to be quite clear as well.  I figure it could be quite useful to use as you can stay logged in and 'available' in chat so if folks want to try and get a group going for a dungeon or need a few bodies for a raid, they can send you message that you can receive on your phone or desktop client.

Want to give it a whirl?  Feel free to install the client (either desktop or mobile) from the link above and click the following link to join the IST 'server' I created: https://goo.gl/1eunxM
(If the link does not work for you, try clicking on the add server icon on the left of the Discord window (the plus icon), click Join a Server, then copy and paste the following: 0uc7ynWVrUkFo3e9)
I unintentionally post a sort of duplicate thread on this so I thought I'd kill that one and repost it here.  Here are some links and directions.

Download Discord for Windows
Download Discord for Mac
Download Discord for Android
Download Discord for iOS

Once the program is installed:a
1.  Click the (+) icon at the upper left corner.
2.  Click Join a Server.
3.  Paste the invite link in the Instant Invite box.
4.  Click Join.
5.  Register your account and hop on!

IMPORTANT:  Closing the program will not log you off of the server (a design problem to be sure).  To LOG OUT you need to click the gear icon (to the right of your name in the lower left corner).  The window that pops up will have a (very) small [<-] button at the bottom (lower left corner of the white space).  Click it and then click Log Out.  Cumbersome, I know, but that is where it is.

Cheers,

Sevdrith
To be fair, I would imagine that closing not logging you out is intentional. It's somewhat similar to Skype in that regard, as far as showing you still on the server but offline. In fact, I see no reason to specifically log out hence why they probably make it out of the way.
Noodlemortis, Donalzon, Myself and a number of other veterans use Discord quite often, we find it very useful and a suitable replacement for VOIP chats like Skype, Mumble or other similar programs in the past. Its not very impactful on your system, and I have never noticed it interfere with latency or internet connection.

I would highly recommend switching to it if you havent already.

I will add IST server to my list so I can pop in and say hello....I have a 60 day card I was saving, but you may all see me around again soon Smile.

EDIT: Kretol, the invite link you posted has expired Smile
(04-15-2016, 10:53 AM)Eruadan Wrote: Noodlemortis, Donalzon, Myself and a number of other veterans use Discord quite often, we find it very useful and a suitable replacement for VOIP chats like Skype, Mumble or other similar programs in the past.  Its not very impactful on your system, and I have never noticed it interfere with latency or internet connection.

I would highly recommend switching to it if you havent already.

I will add IST server to my list so I can pop in and say hello....I have a 60 day card I was saving, but you may all see me around again soon Smile.

EDIT:  Kretol, the invite link you posted has expired Smile

April 10th here is the latest discord https://discord.gg/GZxZu
~ Zoopagoo