Defender of a Shattered World
Hi folks!

Since we're nearing the end of the Cataclysm, I wanted to see if anyone else needed their Defender of a Shattered World title. Melikar only needs to kill Nefarian, and at this point, we could clear that raid pretty easily.

Maybe there would be some achievements in it as well! So, who's up for some last-chance raiding? We may even be able to hit up some other t11 raids if we have time.

I'm never available on weeknights until after 8:00 PM server due to work (which is why I was never able to join you guys for raids, boo. Sad ). So we could either schedule it for later into the night on a weeknight or on a weekend if people are around.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Oryx and I would be interested in an achievement run through the older cataclysm raid dungeons.

-Zlinka and Oryx
So do you have a day and time you want to head this up? On Tuesday evening we have started to run some classic raiding for achievements so I bet we could find a few people to join us who are trying to tie up some loose ends before the new expansion.

Post a day/time, and send out invites using the in-game calendar?
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
I was thinking a Friday night as I am not available until after 8:00 and I know that's late for some people. If Zlinka and Oryx don't mind doing this Defender run instead of your usual classic raid run on a Tuesday after 8:00, I would be fine with that
as we discussed online yesterday -- totally interested in this, and open to using Tuesday night for it, with the caveat that we may want to do DS on June 26 to finish Zlinka's Fangs of the Father questline, since we can't run on the 28th.
Oryx - Jadox - Koryx - Atorax - Cabochon - Hargrim - Morwen - Stillweaver - Talindrys
BWD raid is set for 7:30 on 7/3. I found out my work schedule is changing so I will be getting home earlier! Yeay!
Great! I don't see an invite for it on the calendar -- did you make it a "Guild Event"?

-Z
Yeah, I figured it out with some help. :p
We had a pretty good run last night besides a few bumps along the way! My first time really leading anything, so do bear with me. Got all bosses down except for Neffarian himself. People were getting pretty tired, so we called it after a few attempts. We will be planning to go back 7/17, so the invite is on the calendar. Z and O are out next week, so I am extending the lock-out until we get the group together again. This time, let's show Nef why Ironsong is boss!
Greetings tribemates, i know there was some frustration with my performance in BWD tuesday and i am sorry. My only excuse is that i had never experienced that raid before. I noticed two main problems but only found one explanation. First problem was gaining Nef's attention. That one is a mystery to me. On our first attempt i burned 3 attempts (outbreak, dark command, and death grip) with no reaction from Nef at all. on our second try i noticed he would turn to me but immediately go back to the healers on each attempt to grab him. on the final try he ignored all three of my tries but when i melee'd him then he noticed me. The second thing i noticed was i grabbed aggro on the adds instantly and was not expecting that i read where the DS caused a lot of threat however i found out that in patch 4.1 they removed DS threat so i'm back at square one. I have watched several guide videos and read through many forums to find the answers to these questions. Here is what i found.
1. DK tanks are not well suited for this fight period. Our lack of block, dodge, and high armor makes us squishy (relatively speaking).
2. I saw most of the vid guides using melee+ a taunt to pull Nef.

I realize having new members can be difficult especially if they have no experience in raiding. Blush
Vilemoon is not the only tank i have btw. I have levelled ALL 4 tank classes to 85. Druid, Warrior, DK, and Paladin. My tanks include Badmoon (druid), Vilemoon (DK), Moobar (Pali), and Ginfizzle (Warrior) my second best geared tank is Moobar. I plan to run him hard this weekend and try to gear up for that added option, the only problem is his dps is only a sad shadow of Vile's.
So we're heading back into BWD again tonight and, unfortunately, will need to kill all the bosses. I don't have the option to re-extend the lockout for another week. This time things will be much quicker as people know fights. I won't be explaining a lot and we will be getting through all 5 bosses pre-Nef quite quickly.

DPS is not a problem, it was mostly tactics last time which I believe we're okay with. Let's get these bosses dead and kill Nef!

EDIT: Nevermind! I was able to reactivate the lockout after it expired, so we should be good to just kill Nef! Lookit that, I dunno what I am talking about!
Good run last night, folks! After a few rounds of learning positioning/tactics, we were able to kill Onyxia (for good we hope!) and downed Nef! I now have my Defender title and we got a few other people their Blackwing Descent achievements!