Deathbringer Saurfang Tips
Everyone needs to have a boss mod with a proximity detector. I like Deadly Boss Mods (DBM).

Saurfang can be disarmed. Do this around 80% blood power to reduce his damage on mark victims.

All his damage is physical, so amplify magic should be ok.

Disc priest focuses shielding people with blood marks. It seems to me that boiling blood is the main one of his abilities to monitor. Tanks, marked victims, and boiling blood are priority. We need to save innervates for the priest.

Assign healers to mark victims.

Many guides mention using a knockback when kiting the blood beasts. Typhoon from moonkin or elemental shaman abilities.

It seems it is a 12 yd separation that is necessary to keep the blood marks from spreading.

Don't let the blood beasts hit you.

Tank healers stand left and right. Raid healers stand in the middle.

I will set up 2 ranged assists next time.
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
jabadue Wrote:Many guides mention using a knockback when kiting the blood beasts. Typhoon from moonkin or elemental shaman abilities.

My co-worker said the last time he did this fight, they physically knocked the Blood Beasts off the edge....
I seem to remember him being immune to disarm when I tried doing so when I tanked him a couple times in Korrix's 10-man, I *think*. Is this different in 25-man?
Eruadan Wrote:
jabadue Wrote:Many guides mention using a knockback when kiting the blood beasts. Typhoon from moonkin or elemental shaman abilities.

My co-worker said the last time he did this fight, they physically knocked the Blood Beasts off the edge....

I can't imagine this being the way we are intended to handle the adds. As such, I would be reluctant to start relying on it. I doubt we would get banned for such a tactic, but I don't envision it staying around.
[Image: IST_Noodle2_sm.jpg]
It should also be noted that while boiling blood cannot be dispelled, we can prevent the ability from generating blood power. Immunity abilities such as Ice block, Divine shield, Cloak of shadows, Power wordConfusedheild, etc, will effectively stop the player from taking damage. If the debuff does not do damage, then the debuff simply wears off after its duration, with little blood power being gained.

From what I've been reading, it also seems that it would be best to root,snare, and/or stun the blood beasts while DPSing them down.

12yds is the correct distance needed to not spread blood nova.

paladins can use divine intervention on players marked with Mark of the Fallen Champion to prevent the 5% health return to Saurfang.

Rogues can avoid Mark of the Fallen Champion with Vanish. Rogues can also reduce the damage caused from the mark by using feint.

Marks persist through death, so it is not recommended to battle rez casualties from the mark unless absolutely necessary.
[Image: 3994085VvROm.png]
Noodlemortis Wrote:
Eruadan Wrote:

I can't imagine this being the way we are intended to handle the adds. As such, I would be reluctant to start relying on it. I doubt we would get banned for such a tactic, but I don't envision it staying around.

Oh, I wasn't implying we use this tactic, I was just stating a potential consequence of using Knockback abilities...however after more reading, I don't think this is possible anymore anyways, so obviously it was an exploit and unintended.
Lucinther Wrote:paladins can use divine intervention on players marked with Mark of the Fallen Champion to prevent the 5% health return to Saurfang.

This probably means that if a paladin gets the mark, they can DI someone else right before the paladin dies to avoid the 5%. If you do the other way around, where the targeted person is the one marked, then all you've accomplished is killing a paladin... unless that was your goal all along, you devious assassin, you. Tongue

Also, I try to save Hand of Protection for casters who get the mark so that they don't take damage while the bubble is on them, but are still able to cast. If I HoP a melee, they don't take damage, but can't attack. So like last night, Allisandre gets the mark. Sbin says let her die. Sad She gets to 30ish% and I HoP her. She manages to get back to full health in the time the bubble is on her. So she still eventually dies, but got another 20 or so seconds to pew pew.
Noodlemortis Wrote:
Lucinther Wrote:paladins can use divine intervention on players marked with Mark of the Fallen Champion to prevent the 5% health return to Saurfang.
This probably means that if a paladin gets the mark, they can DI someone else right before the paladin dies to avoid the 5%. If you do the other way around, where the targeted person is the one marked, then all you've accomplished is killing a paladin.
I've read about this strategy -- Paladin DI's a marked person, paladin dies, and either uses a soulstone or gets bat rezzed. The marked person stays in the DI bubble for 3 minutes and is for all intents and purposes dead, except that Saurfang doesn't get the 5% heal. If Saurfang is not killed within the 3 minutes, then heals must resume on that player when the DI wears off.

Lucinther Wrote:Rogues can avoid Mark of the Fallen Champion with Vanish. Rogues can also reduce the damage caused from the mark by using feint.
Note: This must be a perfectly timed vanish. The rogue must vanish 0.4 to 0.2 seconds before the cast lands. If perfectly executed, Saurfang casts the Mark, depleting all his blood power, but the Mark does not land, thus saving the raid one Marked player -- a big advantage. If the vanish happens too soon (before 0.4 sec), Saurfang simply selects a different player (fine for the rogue, but no difference to the raid). If the vanish happens after 0.2 sec it's too late due to server-client lag.

Feinting can reduce Mark damage by 30% for 6 seconds every 10 seconds.
Zlinka Wrote:I've read about this strategy -- Paladin DI's a marked person, paladin dies, and either uses a soulstone or gets bat rezzed. The marked person stays in the DI bubble for 3 minutes and is for all intents and purposes dead, except that Saurfang doesn't get the 5% heal. If Saurfang is not killed within the 3 minutes, then heals must resume on that player when the DI wears off.

This sounds like a good way to get Wylera killed. <.<
Hunters!

wow.com has an article about the first four fights in ICC and in particular are some good ideas for the Saurfang fight. Most of it I know we were doing, but it is worth a good read.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wow.com/2010/01/21/scattered-shots-hunting-the-icc-lower-spire">http://www.wow.com/2010/01/21/scattered ... ower-spire</a><!-- m -->

In particular, the ideas that might not seem obvious are: An initial volley to yank the blood beasts off the melee and using disengage for movement.

Anyway. Resources!

- Phoronid.

p.s. I hear the two-mage frost method was shown to be quite viable on Tuesday. I look forward to helping add my own class skills to that!