Consider my account hacked until further notice
Yep. It's true. At some point between 2pm and 7 pm today (EST) my characters were stripped and my bags emptied. An alt was created in my account as well so I can only assume that that's how all of my gold and items were shipped off. I've got a ticket open with Blizzard right now, but I'm not sure when it will be resolved.

I apologize if any of my characters said or did anything unsavory during that time and I hope things will be back to normal soon!

Kosath has demoted my characters for the time being, so they will hopefully not be causing any more harm to the Tribe.

Mellith
Mellith, you may want to look into Blizzards customer service email. It might get a faster response than petitioning right now due to the expansion. Also, whichever route you take, be sure to mention the guild vault as it looks like Lortuna was used to withdraw some things today. No worries from our end, just let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Hell, the guild has outfitted entire characters in half an hour before. Smile
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Arrrrrgh.

<3
Awwww! *hugs* I hope things are resolved quickly.
Speaking as someone that's gone through this before, I know it's no fun. I hope they get you squared away soon.

I don't know if you were keylogged (most likely), but I found Malwarebytes' malware removal software and Spybot Search and Destroy to both be very helpful.
Thanks Lhuurssa. I was actually hoping someone could offer advice, since I ran a full scan last night and my antivirus software didn't nab anything.
Hope this gets fixed soon. Sad
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Things have been returned to the Guild Bank, and Blizzard is still looking into things. Other than gold, all items seem to have been returned.
Mellith Wrote:Thanks Lhuurssa. I was actually hoping someone could offer advice, since I ran a full scan last night and my antivirus software didn't nab anything.

The forums on the Malwarebytes site has a section for free advice/help. They'll require certain info, and that you download the "Hijack This" program. Their instructions are more detailed, but pretty easy to follow, in my opinion. Best of luck.
They actually re-hijacked her account. We're trying to get several details worked out now. They completely deleted Mellith.

Sad
Be sure to change EVERYTHING, email, everything. If she's been rehijacked, it could possibly be a rootkit, so it's time to wipe the hard drive.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
Yeah, we're working on it, but the major problem we're having is that we have no XP reinstall disc. *mutters curses about evil business practices* For now, there is a Linux dual-boot.
oof, that does make it hard.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
Waka,

You can feel free to cannibalize my defunct computer. The hard drive still has a good XP on it.