Checking Interest in Alt-Raid
I know there has been much talk about trying or wishing there was a coordinated grouping for gearing alts, but I have no idea how serious people are. I would like to get your input on this. I would say we could setup a 10 or 25 man Naxx run to try and gear alts and also have a little fun while we where at it. If you are at all interested let me know by posting here. I was thinking that maybe Monday night, gathering at 6:30pm server time and starting about 7pm server time and doing as much as we can in 2 hours.

-Wylera
Count me in. My main could actually use Naxx gear too, would that be alright?
Mondays have been good for me lately (as in, I've been having them off). I could bring either Kret or Kev, but whenever I may end up leveling Kotarek, I would want to bring him (for DPS).
My mage would love it.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
If we can get this going anyone that wants to go is more than welcome! I am sorry to have worded it that way, since I know there are many that are just making that trek to 80th for the first time.

If we can get a few more to confirm I will send out an in game Calendar invite. Please post the name of the character that you would like the invite sent to.

-Wylera
I would certainly be interested in this. I just picked up some freelance work that will have me covering meetings on some Mondays so I won't be able to attend every week. But when I can, certainly.
I was wondering when we were going to start this?
A few thoughts. Firstly Naxx gear is roughly equivalent with ToC 5 man gear, so if gear is your aim I would recommend Ulduar. To that effect I've been thinking about getting a group together for 10 man Ulduar to gear my warlock when he hits 80 and help out a few friends. I'd be more than happy to hop onto your raid. Monday night is sometimes a heroic ToC run for me though so that wouldn't work. Either way you can add me to your lists, Donalnob.
-Donalzon

“He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dead fray.”

Homer, The Iliad
If mondays won't work for some people would saturday nights be better? if you're interested could you please post to say so? it'd be nice to get everyone geared before 3.3 comes out...
Donalzon Wrote:A few thoughts. Firstly Naxx gear is roughly equivalent with ToC 5 man gear, so if gear is your aim I would recommend Ulduar. To that effect I've been thinking about getting a group together for 10 man Ulduar to gear my warlock when he hits 80 and help out a few friends. I'd be more than happy to hop onto your raid. Monday night is sometimes a heroic ToC run for me though so that wouldn't work. Either way you can add me to your lists, Donalnob.

I think Donalzon makes a good point. It would be much more effective to run ToC 5 Man (which timewise I think is shorter than Naxxramas). Not to mention that heroics drop Cursader Badges (correct me if I am wrong) which can be easily collected. I have a Tank, Garudo, that I want to learn to use and gear up. Monday nights usually aren't good for me unless its around 6:30 server time and only an hour and a half tops. Saturdays are much better.
EDIT: Ohhhhh ok, well then do we wanna start running Ulduar 10 on saturdays? idk what's good for everyone
Well to that end, do we really need to schedule heroic runs? If I am on, chances are I am available. If I'm not available, give me a few minutes and chances are I'll be available. To me helping Tribe run heroics should just be par for the course, and I say that as someone with very very little left to get from conquest badges.

Raids are an entirely different matter. Some of us (myself included) don't just need some gear but some practice in handling larger group tactics and positioning. To that end, really any raid ends up offering valuable "don't stand in the fire" training.

All of that said, between Mondays and Saturdays I can probably make a raid or two. Heck I got drug through ToC by Donalzon last night, so the occassional Sunday works too. And I will see about using ironsonglfg a bit more often to find groups and really encourage guild to hunt together.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest in a Saturday Raid at 600p Server jabadue 8 3,359 07-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Guest