Cataclysm Preview: Priest
For those who avoid WoW forums like the plague. Here is some interesting information for the upcoming expansion.

Priest Preview

Priest Talent Preview

Discipline Priests...say hello to Power Word: Barrier...its Back!
Quote:Leap of Faith (level 85): Pull a party or raid member to your location. Leap of Faith (or "Life Grip") is intended to give priests a tool to help rescue fellow players who have pulled aggro, are being focused on in PvP, or just can't seem to get out of the fire in time. Instant. 30-yard range. 45-second cooldown.

I really can't see this staying in. It sounds cool in theory, but there will be no end to the grief (intended or unintended). If they do this, I better get Hammer of Justice to apply to friendly targets for when some noob priest yoinks me while I'm trying to dps or, worse, tank.

Overall though, looks pretty good for priests.
[Image: IST_Noodle2_sm.jpg]
Noodlemortis Wrote:
Quote:Leap of Faith (level 85): Pull a party or raid member to your location. Leap of Faith (or "Life Grip") is intended to give priests a tool to help rescue fellow players who have pulled aggro, are being focused on in PvP, or just can't seem to get out of the fire in time. Instant. 30-yard range. 45-second cooldown.

I really can't see this staying in. It sounds cool in theory, but there will be no end to the grief (intended or unintended). If they do this, I better get Hammer of Justice to apply to friendly targets for when some noob priest yoinks me while I'm trying to dps or, worse, tank.

Overall though, looks pretty good for priests.

I could see this working, only if there was a health maximum on it...Usable only if targets health is below x%. But yea...if I had that, I would have too much fun with it. I wouldn't mind another "fun" spell like Levitate...If it was a mass raid wide levitate button....I would have fun with that too.
I cna see that ability being both annoying and incredibly awesome on a fight like Saurfang.
Yoink healer away form beast = Good.
Accidentally yoink tank away from Saurfang = Bad.
Wouldn't be any worse than a hunter accidentally taunting the boss... if the tank gets yoinked, at least it's not an aggro drop. Tank is still tanking. I can see viable reason to yoink a tank, too. Like a pound effect they need to be out of.

Overall, the "Life Grip" seems like it's one of those skills that will make awesome priests better, and horrible priests worse.

I would've loved to have a priest yank me away from blood beasts when I have aggro on them and can't seem to get away, for instance. It seems like one of those things, like BoP, that are best used on ranged or casters.
I have added a link to the current Cataclysm Talent Tree preview on WoWHead (I found it the smoothest running version). If such things don't intrest you, then enjoy the surprise come expansion time! Tongue
Quote:just can't seem to get out of the fire in time

Like hell will I reward bad behavior