Caster damage buffs
As we're facing Ragnaros and potentially harder bosses in BWL if and when we ever advance to that dungeon, we've started trying to find ways to boost caster DPS. The addition of the Nightfall axes has been a very welcome addition to be sure, but there's more than each individual can do to boost their own spell damage.

With that in mind, I wanted to start up a thread where we can discuss reliable boosts to our spell damage output that doesn't include hearthing back to Orgrimmar for a Rallying Cry of the Dragon Slayer or a DM Tribute run, hehe.

Right now I or others in the tribe are capable of crafting the following items which are all generally inexpensive ways to give your spells a little something extra:

Arcane Elixir - Increases spell damage by up to 20 for 30 mins.
1x Blindweed, 1x Goldthorn, 1x Crystal Vial

Greater Arcane Elixir - Increases spell damage by up to 35 for 1 hour.
3x Dreamfoil, 1x Mountain Silversage, 1x Crystal Vial

Elixir of Shadow Power - Increases Shadow spell damage by up to 40 for 30 mins.
3x Ghost Mushroom, 1x Crystal Vial

Elixir of Greater Firepower - Increases Fire spell damage by up to 40 for 30 mins. (not so great against Ragnaros, but for other fights)
3x Fire Oil, 3x Firebloom, 1x Crystal Vial

Brilliant Wizard Oil - Applied to weapon (stackable with potions) - Increases spell damage by up to 36 and increases spell critical chance by 1%. Lasts 30 minutes. Persists through death.
Enchanting recipe - 2x Large Brilliant Shard, 3x Firebloom, 1x Imbued Vial. Has 5 charges.

And if you want to go all out...

Flask of Supreme Power - Increases damage done by magical spells and effects by up to 150. Lasts 2 hours. Persists through death.
30x Dreamfoil, 10x Mountain Silversage, 1x Black Lotus, 1x Crystal Vial

At minimum, I would suggest having Arcane Elixir, or Greater Arcane Elixir (Elixir of Shadow Power for Warlocks) and Brilliant Wizard Oil available. These aren't difficult to make, and staight up give a bonus of 56 ~ 71 spell damage plus 1% chance to crit.

If there's other things that can be made that I haven't listed here, speak up! The more we know, the more Ragnaros and those proceeding him should quiver in fear at the might of this tribe!
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Two things here:

First I want to point out how awesome it is that we are at the point of discussing and focussing on increasing our DPS output rather than singlemindedly eyeballing FR scores, which was kind of tedious. That said, many of us can still work on FR further and will continue to do so of course. Also with regard to BWL remember that Onyxia Scale Cloaks are required in there. Not right away, but like FR in MC you will want to get one as soon as possible. Only 5 people rolled on Onyxia Scales last Sunday - everyone needs a cloak.

Anyway, secondly please post to the Tradeskill thread if you can make Greater Arcane Elixirs, alchemists. I cannot though I can make everything else on that list. I and others will want to know who has that recipe, it is hard to find.

Thanks Zuipol for this post.
Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
For all users of shadow magic, a fully spec'd shadowpriest gives a 15% bonus to damage. Don't leave home without one!
Oops, I thought you could make the Greater Arcane Elixirs, Tae.

In that case, unless someone has the recipe and speaks up, I'm not sure anyone in the tribe can make them. Prolly something we should start to look for though, since it's a pretty significant spell boost.

In the meantime though, I would highly encourage people to go out and collect Goldthorn, Blindweed, and Large Brilliant Shards for at least Arcane Elixirs and Brilliant Wizard Oil. I have a pretty good stock of Firebloom for anyone who needs that for the Oil.

If anyone happens upon the Greater Arcane forumla, keep us in mind for awesome supa spell powa!
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Efluvia Wrote:For all users of shadow magic, a fully spec'd shadowpriest gives a 15% bonus to damage. Don't leave home without one!

::coughs::

Seriously though, I use my whole first mana bar vs. Rags DPSing and keeping Shadow-Weaving up on him, other than some PW:Shields of Kosath. Barring emergency of course. During Sons I drink a pot and heal/regen as I can, then help get things under control when Rags re-emerges and DPS whenever I can or at least use Rank 1 SWTongue spam to keep Shadow-Weaving on him.

Given how my hits and crits with Mind Blast grow with Nightfall, Elixir of Shadow Power, Curse of Shadows, and Shadow-Weaving all on, I /know/ it is helping as long as we have several warlocks.

I'm still hunting the GAE Zuipol and I'll let you know.

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Kamran can make the Greater Arcane elixirs. You can just send him materials for however many of them you want made and he'll send them back. However, I highly recommend to do this a day or so before the raid to compensate for the time spent in the mail, and also try to send a note to Kretol, so as to ensure I'll log on Kamran.