Calling Colorado peeps!
I will be doing an arty-fair thing at the Wheat Ridge Carnation Festival on August 12-13. It's a free city carnival, with fireworks and a circus and a midway and whatnot, so probably kinda fun to go check out.  If you happen to show up, I'll be manning a booth with the Jackalope Art Fair, which is sharing the space.  It's at Anderson Park, 4355 Field St in the bustling city of Wheat Ridge (which has very few ridges and no wheat).  Come and say hi. I think there are around 200 local artists who will be selling there. I met some of them a few weeks ago, and they all seem pretty cool.

I asked one woman what kind of art she sold, and she replied, "Inappropriate Needlepoint." If that is not a reason to show up, I'm not sure what is. Tongue
Nganga Nyeusi
He is fast and is the danger.
What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?
I wish you were doing this at a fair in the Portland area! It sounds fantastic!
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
Wish I could come, but alas, I am an east coast bum. Sad
-Dentik
I was just curious: don't you have an artist site on one of these websites that people can go to to look at/purchase your art?
-Dentik
I do, my Etsy store has a bunch of stuff, though it's not quite up-to-date with my newest available art because I'm busy printing/making inventory for this silly show.  For perusing, I have a Flickr page  and a Deviantart page.  Those are just kinda whatever I decide to fling out to the ether.

I've been making some awesome smartphone case designs as well. Those will go up on etsy after the show too.  Big Grin
SaveSave
SaveSave
Nganga Nyeusi
My show is tomorrow and Saturday! Wish the nervous kitty good luck.   Huh
Nganga Nyeusi
(08-11-2016, 09:11 AM)Nganga Wrote: My show is tomorrow and Saturday! Wish the nervous kitty good luck.   Huh

LUCK!!  LUCK!!  LUCK!!!

You'll do great (and I'm digging your photos on Flickr!).
Thanks Kern! Loading up the truck and heading out to set up in a few hours.  Feeling nervous but not completely freaked out, so I think that's a good sign...
Nganga Nyeusi
Have a fantastic time Ng! You'll do fantastic because that's what Ng does!

Also, I have spent a few evenings looking over your photos and I think you have a tremendous amount of talent. I wish I was in Colorado!
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

Good Luck Ng!  I'm sure you'll do great.  I wish I was in Colorado too so I could go!

-Zlinka
How did it go!??!!
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

Not lucrative, but I made my booth fee back (and it was slow for all the vendors, not just me); got some good exposure and a lot of good feedback. Now I have a lot of completed inventory I can put on my store, and I had fun. It's kind of a cliche, but it was a really good learning experience. Plus, my home-designed and fabricated displays worked amazingly well, so that's a fun little feather in my macguyver cap

15 and 16 hour days were rough, so today I am collapsed on the deck watching a family of Cooper's Hawks learning to hunt and play in my backyard.

Got to see Xott, Zarabeth, and Morthoseth too! Yay, thanks so much for coming, guys!!!

I have a few pictures of the booth up on Instagram, Grewsome47, if you wanna see what it looked like. ?
Nganga Nyeusi
Always Ng! It did look really slow during the time we were there, I'm very glad you made your booth fee back!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars peeps: Check out this theory about Jar Jar's true nature Nganga 6 4,162 11-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Anca