Breastplate of the Chromatic Flight
Greetings my friends, I received this letter from Kolem today, and he asked that I post it to the totem for the tribes review.

----

Fellow Ironsingers,

Recently I was lucky enough to have trekked into the Upper Spires of Blackrock Mountain with the Tribe, where I received a piece of Gyth's hide known as a Chromatic Carapace. Now, as it turns out, there is a particular craftsman in the Ruins of Andorhal that can take this item and turn it into an epicly strong breastplate. One that grants it's wearer additional strength, fortitude, and a healthy ability to resist the heat of flames. In order to craft said breastplate however, he requires the carapace, 10 Brilliant Chromatic Scales from the lesser dragons of Blackrock Spire, 10 Blood of Heroes, & 10 Frayed Abomination Stitchings from the undead city of Stratholme.

Now I tried to convince him that I was heroic, and that my blood would be suited, but he assured me it would not and has instructed me to seek out the locations in the plaguelands where he says "true heroes" have fallen. This I will gladly do for him to craft such a powerful item for me, however I must ask the guild for aid in acquiring the remaining elements of his recipe that I must procure. This means trips into the dead city and into the upper spires.

I know that our guild is full of strong warriors and I would never begrudge any of them the chance to show their skills in battle, but I would ask that if any of the tribe are considering future ventures into these places. Please keep me in mind when you are in need of a thick skulled brute to be beat upon so that others may not be.

May the Earthmother watch over all of you!

- Kolem, Thick Skulled Warrior of The Ironsong Tribe

----

Should any of you wish to contact Kolem and are unable to locate him, feel free to contact either myself or my charge, the young Druid Mikonos.

Thank you,
Makimo
((Speaking as Kolem))

Thank you to the members of the tribe that ventured into the Upper Spire and saved the Brilliant Scales they acquired for me. Daichallar was generous in mailing them to me, and I am eternally grateful. I have since been able to acquire all 10 of the necessary Blood of Heroes, 2 of the stitchings, and thanks to the tribe, a total of 2 of the scales. It seems like I have so much more to gather, but I will persevere.

Thank you again,
Kolem, Thick Skulled Warrior of the Ironsong Tribe
Stitchings will be relatively easy to acquire, just time consuming. UD Strat runs are obviously by far the best bet, and pulling one extra abomination from the courtyard to the left as you enter and cross to the Gauntlet might be worth it if you can pull it without other mobs. I think it is possible.

I wouldn't mind doing that run and I know Thunderclap would come along if he were free. Good luck!

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Kolem, I have two or three scales saved up that I'd be happy to donate.
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
I have a scale in my bank that I'd be happy to get rid of in order to free up that precious bank slot. <winks>

Also, I am almost always interested in UD Strat runs, as the Baron there has been quite stingy with an item I'd like a chance at.

That being said, I've heard that the Baron will only have a chance of dropping his mount if there is a member in the party who is "Exalted" with the Argent Dawn.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Krell
((speaking as Kolem))

I cannot state enough how thankful I would be to anyone willing to give up their precious scales to me. Over the past 5 Spire trips I have been on there has only been one such scale seen, and sadly I was not the one to receive it. My luck with trips into Stratholme have met with similar success, only receiving 2 stitchings in 3 times that many ventures in.

Likely I'll be spending all of the time I have away from home in one of these two places, and I would be honored to spend such trips with fellow members of the Tribe Smile

- Kolem, Thick Skulled Warrior of the Ironsong Tribe

Krelldor Wrote:That being said, I've heard that the Baron will only have a chance of dropping his mount if there is a member in the party who is "Exalted" with the Argent Dawn.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

This is indeed true.
A quote from the CM, Fangtooth:

"The Deathcharger's Reigns are a very rare drop. Any rumors you have heard about it are just that; rumors. The only requirement is "convincing" the Baron to hand them over to you. I must warn you though, that the Baron is very stubborn, and you may have to defeat him in battle many, many, many times before he hands them over."

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Tae, your response intrigues me. Does this mean its just very rare? Or that someone who has attained Exalted status should be there?

Also, do we have anyone that is currently Exalted with Argent Dawn that might be willing to venture into UD Strat?

<chuckles>

Krell
Anyone may claim the reigns of the Deathcharger, whether they fight for the Dawn or not, Krell. An exalted status does not make a difference here. Of course, the Baron's trusty mount is bound to his service by an exceedingly strong will that falters seldom.

Kolem, I would like to congratulate you on your persistence in having this breastplate crafted. It will be exceptionally useful! I shall like to join you in Stratholme one of these evenings to look for more Abomination Stichings.

A very big thank you to Daichallar, Fanae, Krell and the others have have made donations and assisted Kolem in his endeavor thus far! We all work together to make the Tribe such a nice family.

Hail, Ironsong!
"The Deathcharger's Reigns are a very rare drop. Any rumors you have heard about it are just that; rumors. The only requirement is "convincing" the Baron to hand them over to you. I must warn you though, that the Baron is very stubborn, and you may have to defeat him in battle many, many, many times before he hands them over."

Nothing about the group makeup or reputation is relevent to this. It is a super rare drop like various other epic 5-man boss drops in the game.

Tae
Pertaining the Brilliant Chromatic Scales, I too won the carapace, and was fustrated by the drop rates of the scales. I'm sure on most Ironsong raids of UBRS the raid leader & fellow tribemates would be happy to give you the scales (or at least only roll if they also have the carapace).

I sadly ended up buying most of my scales on the Auction House.
I also found that scales are not always available in the Horde AH. (but I did this over a year ago too)

Usually I could find scales and cheaper in the <gasp> alliance Auction House.
So keep that in mind if buying scales. It takes some doing and a 15% transfer hit via the Gadetzan AH, but in most caes the scales from the Alliance AH still were cheaper.
Vote Akora for MA!